Madden making a return to PC for Madden 19? Confirmed minutes ago live at EA Play!

BKGiantsFan
Veteran

Re: Madden making a return to PC for Madden 19? Confirmed minutes ago live at EA Play!

Postby BKGiantsFan » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:23 pm

DOLFANMIKE wrote:I was just informed I'm going to get a BETA version in the next day or two. I'll post some info once I get a few days into it and check out its engine and controls. I'm mostly being asked to look at Coach mode issues and functioning so most of what I post will be in regard to that.

We are definitely restarting our Madden 2019 pc league (Coach Mode) as the 2019 version has fixed Coach Mode and has the best CFM (Connected Franchise Mode) in the history of mankind.
https://www.footballidiot.com/forum/vie ... 74&t=20929

They even have a new spectator mode that you can broadcast your games using that hides your playcalling and offers a TV like sideline view of the game. It's going to be da bomb boyz

Awesome news!

Are you getting the BETA because of your personal connection to one of the devs or is there another way to sign up for the BETA?

Looking to play Madden online head to head or simply hang out with others who enjoy the game?
Join MPN (Madden PC Network) on Evolve: https://www.evolvehq.com/recruit/group? ... 4J3gYdJMvZ

Re: Madden making a return to PC for Madden 19? Confirmed minutes ago live at EA Play!

Sponsor

Sponsor

BKGiantsFan
Veteran

Postby BKGiantsFan » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:27 pm

Chargerbolt wrote:I hope something like the returning a punt for a TD isn't impossible now.

I'm looking forward to uniforms of teams and the stadiums.

Punt return TDs are definitely possible in current gen Madden.

Gunners get jammed and the backups that play on special teams don't have pursuit ratings as high as starters (yes pursuit has its own rating unlike 08).

Looking to play Madden online head to head or simply hang out with others who enjoy the game?
Join MPN (Madden PC Network) on Evolve: https://www.evolvehq.com/recruit/group? ... 4J3gYdJMvZ

BKGiantsFan
Veteran

Postby BKGiantsFan » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:04 pm

AaronS wrote:
BKGiantsFan wrote:You're assuming that Madden 19 is going to have the same file structure that it did 11 years and 3 game engines ago.

Somehow, I doubt that.

The structure didn't change from 2008 through the 360 versions, as evidenced with Xans editor.

Considering they have never rebuilt the product from the ground up, I'd be willing to bet its still similar.

.. Frankly, the structure makes sense.

The roster files contain the players, coaches, team data, injuries, depth charts.... all of which can be updated and edited. Why fix something that isn't broken? There's no need to reinvent the wheel here.

It's not a matter of fixing what's not broken.

It has to do with the fact that every few years they sometimes rebuild entire sub-systems. When that happens the file structure may change.

I hope for all our sake it largely remains the same or has only minimal changes.

BKGiantsFan
Veteran

Postby BKGiantsFan » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:17 pm

superben21 wrote:
AaronS wrote:.. at least we have a "next-gen" game. The graphics are a major step forward, even moreso moving forward in 4k. And the game plays no 'worse' than 2008. Defensively they've actually made some strides. Zone coverage actually works, among other things. And the new ratings have the potential to be much more true to life than what we had before.

... Some good. Still some of the same half-assed budget driven laziness.

I agree the graphics will be a major step forward. Outside of that, I'm not sure we wont be losing as much if not more than we're gaining. Someone mentioned no longer having assistant coaches in game? Not sure if that is accurate. I never had problems running zone coverage in Madden 08. It just irritates me that EA keeps announcing "new features" when half of them were in Madden 03.

I don't want to speak for AaronS, but I believe his point was more that Zone coverage can behave more like it does in real life because of specific zone coverage ratings.

In Madden 08 you could drop a DT in coverage and he'd defend with almost the same ability that a DB would. In current gen Madden that just doesn't happen. They won't get the same animations and won't defend their assigned area anywhere near as well as a LB or DB would.

Also, the fact that not all players will play airtight man coverage (where they sometimes run the route for the receiver) forces you to expand defensive playcalling beyond the 24/7 "Cover 2 man under" press coverage that is so overpowered in 08.

DOLFANMIKE
Pro Bowl

Postby DOLFANMIKE » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:27 pm

BKGiantsFan wrote:
DOLFANMIKE wrote:I was just informed I'm going to get a BETA version in the next day or two. I'll post some info once I get a few days into it and check out its engine and controls. I'm mostly being asked to look at Coach mode issues and functioning so most of what I post will be in regard to that.

We are definitely restarting our Madden 2019 pc league (Coach Mode) as the 2019 version has fixed Coach Mode and has the best CFM (Connected Franchise Mode) in the history of mankind.
https://www.footballidiot.com/forum/vie ... 74&t=20929

They even have a new spectator mode that you can broadcast your games using that hides your playcalling and offers a TV like sideline view of the game. It's going to be da bomb boyz

Awesome news!

Are you getting the BETA because of your personal connection to one of the devs or is there another way to sign up for the BETA?

I got hooked up with BETA through my friend. I've been in the Madden Community since 2002 running leagues. I've actually had two different EA Devs in my leagues during that time.

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:48 pm

If this ever does happen, I know for a fact that this website will still be active because there millions of people who don't own consoles like myself and/or can't buy video games.

Bowyakasha
Rookie

Re: Madden making a return to PC for Madden 19?

Postby Bowyakasha » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:27 pm

RevanFan wrote:I'll believe that Madden is coming out on PC the day I see it show up on Origin for download.

Look on the website now.

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Madden making a return to PC for Madden 19?

Postby RevanFan » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:08 pm

Bowyakasha wrote:
RevanFan wrote:I'll believe that Madden is coming out on PC the day I see it show up on Origin for download.

Look on the website now.

Yeah, I'm aware.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Chargerbolt
Pro Bowl

Postby Chargerbolt » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:19 am

I read on another forum that the defense blows up into the backfield at the LOS easily against the OL. Is this true?

Something new I do like seeing is the WR and DB battles. Defenders will contest the passes or throws to the WRs instead of just standing there.

cdcool
MVP

Re: MADDEN 19 on PC. THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Postby cdcool » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:03 am

Kriegsmarine wrote:Remains to be seen if it is better than 08 with mods. :lol:

My bet is no!
I also bet that they will water down the Franchise mode, they looking to sell copies and will prob concentrate on the joystick market.
Also CPU vs CPU for the PC, I could see them not implementing that, like they have done in the past with previous console versions or allowing you to watch simmed games.

Return to “General Discussion”