Madden making a return to PC for Madden 19? Confirmed minutes ago live at EA Play!

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Madden making a return to PC for Madden 19? Confirmed minutes ago live at EA Play!

Postby RevanFan » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:46 am

BUS36 wrote:well they will get you with ORIGIN..membership is not free, its a paid subscription

That is incorrect. It is free. The subscription is Origin Access. That is an "early access" type of program. An origin account and the ability to buy games on the platform is free. You cab buy the game with no payed subscription.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Re: Madden making a return to PC for Madden 19? Confirmed minutes ago live at EA Play!

Sponsor

Sponsor

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Re: MADDEN 19 on PC. THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Postby jose21crisis » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:54 am

KeepinItTeal wrote:
jose21crisis wrote:That, and I'm pretty sure M19's franchise mode will be nothing like M08's franchise mode.

What's missing in franchise mode in the new gen that we have in M08?

First of all, no Pro Bowl (For technical reasons, EA can't implement the uniforms. Best believe that.). Player Holdouts and Morale are gone. There is no actual coaching staff, just the Head Coach ... think that's everything I can remember at this point. I think Owner Mode is gone as well (Not 100% sure on this). There are some improvements, you can have actual training with your guys and that is actually useful, during the game some play concepts (The ones you practiced) will be more effective. You also can scout your opponent to know which plays would be better to work on. You can scout players way before the draft. And commentary is better than old Al Michaels and John Madden. I mean, is not Gus Johnson making the commentary (That would be awesome) but it's better. The commentators talk more naturally instead of speaking their lines.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

BKGiantsFan
Veteran

Postby BKGiantsFan » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:17 am

RevanFan wrote:
BUS36 wrote:well they will get you with ORIGIN..membership is not free, its a paid subscription

That is incorrect. It is free. The subscription is Origin Access. That is an "early access" type of program. An origin account and the ability to buy games on the platform is free. You cab buy the game with no payed subscription.

RevanFan is mostly correct, I did a little digging spurred by elguapo's post above and found a little more detail...

Origin Access is a subscription service similar to PlayStation Plus and XBox Live on the consoles.

For a monthly fee of $4.99 or $29.99 a year, you get access to 100+ games from EA and other publishers.

They also are introducing a new tier this summer "Origin Access Premier" that will give the early access RevanFan spoke about for $14.99 a month or $99.99 a year.

Madden 19 is included with OAP, I'm not sure on if it's available with standard Origin. I suspect it won't be until after the NFL regular season is over which is what I believe they do with Madden on Xbox 1 through EA's "EA Access" program (not certain as I only have PS4 and not Xbox or EA Access).

Looking to play Madden online head to head or simply hang out with others who enjoy the game?
Join MPN (Madden PC Network) on Evolve: https://www.evolvehq.com/recruit/group? ... 4J3gYdJMvZ

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:20 am

BKGiantsFan wrote:Madden 19 is included with OAP, I'm not sure on if it's available with standard Origin. I suspect it won't be until after the NFL regular season is over which is what I believe they do with Madden on Xbox 1 through EA's "EA Access" program (not certain as I only have PS4 and not Xbox or EA Access).

It is available for standard purchase. If you go onto Origin, you can already pre-order either the standard or Hall of Fame edition.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:39 am

I wonder who will be the Cover Athlete of the standard edition of M19. T.O. is already the C.A. in the Hall of Fame edition (Kind of was expecting him in a 49ers uniform, instead of the Cowboys uniform. The Eagles one was definitely not going to be used, as T.O. was the cover athlete of ESPN NFL 2K5, as an Eagle).
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

BKGiantsFan
Veteran

Postby BKGiantsFan » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:55 am

RevanFan wrote:
BKGiantsFan wrote:Madden 19 is included with OAP, I'm not sure on if it's available with standard Origin. I suspect it won't be until after the NFL regular season is over which is what I believe they do with Madden on Xbox 1 through EA's "EA Access" program (not certain as I only have PS4 and not Xbox or EA Access).

It is available for standard purchase. If you go onto Origin, you can already pre-order either the standard or Hall of Fame edition.

I know you can pre-order it right now.

That's not what I'm talking about though. I'm talking about having access to the game through the Origin Access Vault.

With OAP ($14.99/mo, $99.99/yr) the EA exec said at EA Play Madden 19 will be available early through the vault.

What I'm uncertain about is if it will also be available on the lower tier ($4.99/mo, 29.99/yr) without having to wait six months after the game is released. If it were available on August 10 people would be fools to buy either the standard or deluxe edition instead of just getting a subscription to Origin Access at half the price.

Sorry if I wasn't clear above.

By the way, it's good to see you, man. I still remember the Fantasy league you invited me all those years ago. It's nice to see you still around and taking care of the PC Madden community.

Looking to play Madden online head to head or simply hang out with others who enjoy the game?
Join MPN (Madden PC Network) on Evolve: https://www.evolvehq.com/recruit/group? ... 4J3gYdJMvZ

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:28 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:I don't like the current generation Maddens. It's a garbage football game built on micro transactions.

I have zero experience with the current generation of Maddens... is there no way to tweak slider settings to make it play at least at a reasonably close level to real football??

Oh, yeah....there's sliders and all that.

If you've never experienced it, my advice to you would be to youtube search "why Madden 18 sucks" - then " why Madden 18 is great".
That way you can view things from both perspectives.

youtuber "RyanMoody21" (I think) is really good. He does a great job analyzing the good, bad, and wtf were they thinking?. He gives side-by-side comparisons to other football games, such as 2k5 and APF2k8. Plus, lots of gameplay footage

torontogrudlies
MVP

Postby torontogrudlies » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:23 pm

The Grudlies are returning to the field!!!!

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:46 pm

I did a live chat with EASports...this is what was said

SimranjeetThank you for contacting EA HELP, my name is Simranjeet, may I start with your first name please?
youJohn

SimranjeetNice to meet you, John. I can see that you have created the case as you want to know about Madden 19. Could you please explain more on it?
youIf you pre-order the Madden 19 standard, will it ship on August 10th?‎

SimranjeetYes, exactly!
youOK good I just want to make it clear it is Madden19 Standard, NOT Madden 19 Hall of Fame edition.
youAre you checking?

SimranjeetPlease allow me a moment.

SimranjeetHall of Fame Edition will be available on August 7th and Standard Edition on 10th.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:28 pm

The whole Access Vault talk is going a bit over my head.

For simple users like me, I have an Origin account. No subscriber deals or anything like that since there are few games on there I'm interested in buying; I've simply bought games and kept them in my library. If I buy the standard edition with no subscriber strings attached, will I get to play it when it releases in late August?

Also, does IR work? I feel sad about needing to ask that, but it is Madden....

Return to “General Discussion”