How's Madden now compared to 2008?

LOBBS
All-Pro

Re: How's Madden now compared to 2008?

Postby LOBBS » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:23 am

tomkatt wrote:
LOBBS wrote:
prevas wrote:I am one of those people who get "nitty gritty" about details and i'm still impressed, can't believe that many people are trashing this game. Commentary is top notch right now (also gets updated through out the regular season in real life), physics are pretty damn good this year though you still see some wonky stuff, receiver/db interactions are what blew me away, you actually see stuff like you do in real life when it's 1 on 1 action between a WR and DB, hand fighting to force a drop, WRs actually aggressively going for the ball instead of standing like a damn turret and all that stuff, not to mention graphics etc. I could go on forever but it's pointless, played it daily for a week or two thus far and i'm still constantly going into instant replays after the plays and seeing new things all the time. Don't get me wrong, the game has it's flaws and not everything is perfect but it's far better than most people would lead you to believe.

Cool. I need to track down a 1050Ti graphics card and I'm planning on picking up the game. That's the biggest card I can put in my case without setting off the chain events of needing to bump everything else is too.

If it's a size issue, look into the Gigabyte GTX 970. It's very tiny (I had it in two separate very small Mini-ITX cases), but a big step above the 1050 TI. You can find them on eBay for around $150-$160. If it's a power supply issue, IIRC that 970 will run on a 450w, but otherwise you'll be better served by another card if you have a low watt psu.

I'll have to check my PSU and verify the wattage. My tower is a few years old but it has an i7 and 16GB of RAM. I picked it up from the Dell outlet for a song so I didn't have an opportunity to upgrade at the time from the GTX 645 it came with. I currently have a 4-pin connection and anything higher up than the 1050 Ti has a 6-pin. I'll look into the 970 as I believe it is 4-pin as well.

Sponsor

Sponsor

LOBBS
All-Pro

Postby LOBBS » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:27 pm

Finally tracked down a GTX 970 for a fair price. I'm not overly familiar with Origin. Is there any real advantage to the subscription plan? The EA 08 sports pack (the one with Madden 08, NHL, NBA, Tiger Woods Golf) were the last games I bought for myself for PC so I'm not a gamer by any stretch. I have zero interest in the MUT or online gaming. Just good ole single player franchise mode.

Sleeper66
All-Pro

Postby Sleeper66 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:02 pm

Origin is part of the deal whether you want to play other games and Madden online or not, but from what you're describing a subscription would be pointless.

I have the same objective (single player, offline) and no Origin subscription.

The downside to the Origin setup is that it can be a pain at times, but '08 has its weirdness too.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:41 am

LOBBS wrote:Finally tracked down a GTX 970 for a fair price. I'm not overly familiar with Origin. Is there any real advantage to the subscription plan? The EA 08 sports pack (the one with Madden 08, NHL, NBA, Tiger Woods Golf) were the last games I bought for myself for PC so I'm not a gamer by any stretch. I have zero interest in the MUT or online gaming. Just good ole single player franchise mode.

The only point of having Origin Access Premier, or even the normal Origin Access, is if you want to play a large selection of EA's offerings. The Premier version of Origin Access also often contains many new games right as they come out. Madden 19 is an example of that.

If the only EA game you want to play is Madden 19, just buy Madden 19 alone.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

LOBBS
All-Pro

Postby LOBBS » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:15 pm

Alright, cool. I was worried that EA had gone to a model similar to what's common in manufacturing. That's one where you buy the software and also have to carry a subscription for "maintenance".

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:42 pm

LOBBS wrote:Alright, cool. I was worried that EA had gone to a model similar to what's common in manufacturing. That's one where you buy the software and also have to carry a subscription for "maintenance".

They probably would if they could, but that would cause a riot.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “General Discussion”