It's taking forever to download

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Re: It's taking forever to download

Postby NickyJ » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:09 pm

Started downloading on Friday, finished it this morning. Now I get to see what it's like in person.

Sponsor

Sponsor

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:37 pm

Is this downloading the entire game file so you can play off-line, or do you have to log into something like steam to play the game?
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

tbb429
All-Pro

Postby tbb429 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:51 pm

madden07eurocat wrote:Is this downloading the entire game file so you can play off-line, or do you have to log into something like steam to play the game?

it requires origin to download and activate the game and for updates, but outside of that you can switch origin to offline mode and play without being connected,but you must choose offline for franchise mode when you start one if you want to play that offline, cloud mode has to be connected i believe as the game save seems to be on their servers

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:01 pm

tbb429 wrote:
madden07eurocat wrote:Is this downloading the entire game file so you can play off-line, or do you have to log into something like steam to play the game?

it requires origin to download and activate the game and for updates, but outside of that you can switch origin to offline mode and play without being connected,but you must choose offline for franchise mode when you start one if you want to play that offline, cloud mode has to be connected i believe as the game save seems to be on their servers

You mean you can't save your game franchise file on your HD, like in M08? It only will save to the cloud?
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

tbb429
All-Pro

Postby tbb429 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:28 pm

madden07eurocat wrote:
tbb429 wrote:

You mean you can't save your game franchise file on your HD, like in M08? It only will save to the cloud?

it will if you choose offline when you start franchise mode it will create a gamesave named like this ( CAREER-AUG14-02h13m23pm) in your documents/madden19 folder

if you choose cloud when you start it as far as i know it saves in the cloud and won't create a gamesave file. at least nothing for my cloud franchise shows up in folders, but the offline does create autosave files

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:52 pm

tbb429 wrote:
madden07eurocat wrote:
tbb429 wrote:

it will if you choose offline when you start franchise mode it will create a gamesave named like this ( CAREER-AUG14-02h13m23pm) in your documents/madden19 folder

if you choose cloud when you start it as far as i know it saves in the cloud and won't create a gamesave file. at least nothing for my cloud franchise shows up in folders, but the offline does create autosave files

That doesn't make any sense to me. There HAS to be a file somewhere on your system, attached to the game, that can be stored in the cloud. They aren't going to have you pull down and download a temporary file connected to your franchises every single time you load the game. That's a complete waste of resources.

EA doesn't want to waste money. Their only goal is to have the largest net gain possible, and forcing people to download a file every time they load it, upload it every time they save it, etc... it makes no sense. And if that's really how they are doing it... I don't get it.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

tbb429
All-Pro

Postby tbb429 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:32 am

RevanFan wrote:
tbb429 wrote:
madden07eurocat wrote:You mean you can't save your game franchise file on your HD, like in M08? It only will save to the cloud?

That doesn't make any sense to me. There HAS to be a file somewhere on your system, attached to the game, that can be stored in the cloud. They aren't going to have you pull down and download a temporary file connected to your franchises every single time you load the game. That's a complete waste of resources.

EA doesn't want to waste money. Their only goal is to have the largest net gain possible, and forcing people to download a file every time they load it, upload it every time they save it, etc... it makes no sense. And if that's really how they are doing it... I don't get it.

doesn't make sense to me either, but unless there is a folder somewhere else i just haven't found yet, the only two files in my documents/madden folder it could be are the profile-madden, and suspend resume-data files, but they're 86kb and 5kb in size, whereas the offline franchise save files are 2561 kb.

even the two files in the cloud saves folder in the c/users/appdata folder are 1kb and 2kb, so they've gotta be synced to the ea cloud or the profile file right?

tomkatt
All-Pro

Postby tomkatt » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:31 am

Downloaded fine for me. I have a 200MBPS connection and it downloaded in about 30 minutes.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:41 pm

How big is the download?

tbb429
All-Pro

Postby tbb429 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:51 pm

from twinfinite.net

The install size for Madden 19 is 43.04GB.

Return to “General Discussion”