Physical vs. Digital version

grabursock55
All-Pro

Postby grabursock55 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:50 am

Does anyone know if there will be any differences in modding capabilities between the digital and physical copy? I remember when there was an amazon release of M08 there was some issues with modding.

Thanks guys!~
My Blitz the League Mod has been released!
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=2071

Sponsor

Sponsor

achernar
Hall of Fame

Re: Physical vs. Digital version

Postby achernar » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:57 am

I think you will put the game inside of Origin app anyway

grabursock55
All-Pro

Postby grabursock55 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:01 am

Interesting. Thank you

AaronS
MVP

Postby AaronS » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:08 am

I have checked every retailer online, and I've yet to see physical copies being sold.

Hoping its merely an issue of retailers not knowing how many EA would ship out. But this worries me. I won't do digital copies on my pc, as I run my gaming rig off-line.

grabursock55
All-Pro

Postby grabursock55 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:14 am

AaronS wrote:I have checked every retailer online, and I've yet to see physical copies being sold.

Hoping its merely an issue of retailers not knowing how many EA would ship out. But this worries me. I won't do digital copies on my pc, as I run my gaming rig off-line.

My biggest concern with digital games is that I dont like how we are at the company's mercy for how long they will support the game.

If Madden 08 was a digital only game from origin, would they have pulled the plug on it five years ago leaving us without it? I would rather have a physical copy, so I feel like the game is mine lol. But yeah, I was looking online for physical copies and couldn't find anything either, despite reading that there will be a physical version.

Good luck finding a hard copy!

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:23 am

AaronS wrote:I won't do digital copies on my pc, as I run my gaming rig off-line.

Origin can be set to off-line mode once the game is downloaded. Also, there are numerous open-source tools that create iso images of files that were never on a disc.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

grabursock55
All-Pro

Postby grabursock55 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:28 am

trey31 wrote:
AaronS wrote:I won't do digital copies on my pc, as I run my gaming rig off-line.

Origin can be set to off-line mode once the game is downloaded. Also, there are numerous open-source tools that create iso images of files that were never on a disc.

Thats good to know. I will look into those

AaronS
MVP

Postby AaronS » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:33 am

trey31 wrote:

I get the feeling I'll have to look into that..

Thanks.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:41 pm

AaronS wrote:
trey31 wrote:

Thanks.

Or, you could use this $10 accessory to provide your rig with WiFi capabilities.

I use it on my PC at home, and it works great.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:55 pm

JSamuel wrote:
AaronS wrote:
trey31 wrote:Origin can be set to off-line mode once the game is downloaded. Also, there are numerous open-source tools that create iso images of files that were never on a disc.

Thanks.

Or, you could use this $10 accessory to provide your rig with WiFi capabilities.

I use it on my PC at home, and it works great.

I don't personally see the point of using that instead of an ethernet cable, but I guess it's a pretty good option if you want wifi but don't want to buy a wireless NIC.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

Return to “General Discussion”