Madden making a return to PC for Madden 19? Confirmed minutes ago live at EA Play!

BKGiantsFan
Veteran

Re: Madden making a return to PC for Madden 19? Confirmed minutes ago live at EA Play!

Postby BKGiantsFan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:42 pm

AaronS wrote:
BKGiantsFan wrote:
Col. Trautman wrote:Too bad they didn't do this when Jordy Nelson was still a Packer.... I hope that modding will work and we can have some of our recent rosters from the FI mod. Getting ahead of myself I know it is only June lol!

I'm confused as to why some people think that a mod is necessary to create or edit a roster in current gen Madden.

Maybe it's because EA left PC players in the cold for a decade.

It's really as simple as selecting "Manage Rosters" then editing to your heart's content.

Mod, not necessarily. Roster editor, definitely!

Editing rosters in-game SUCKS! BADLY!

Its twice as fast with an editor, particularly if it can export to a spreadsheet.

I was thinking maybe that's what he meant and I have no doubt someone will cook up a 3rd party Roster Editor fairly quickly.

Looking to play Madden online head to head or simply hang out with others who enjoy the game?
Join MPN (Madden PC Network) on Evolve: https://www.evolvehq.com/recruit/group? ... 4J3gYdJMvZ

Re: Madden making a return to PC for Madden 19? Confirmed minutes ago live at EA Play!

Sponsor

Sponsor

BKGiantsFan
Veteran

Postby BKGiantsFan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:58 pm

AaronS wrote:I thought this looked promising.

https://forums.operationsports.com/foru ... ivers.html

The new ratings are meaningful as well. Much easier to build a zone corner Vs a man corner, as an example. Or an O-lineman that would absolutely fail in a zone scheme, but would excel in a smashmouth scheme.

.. thats really the only significant improvement, over '05-'08, IMO, outside of graphics.

!!!

Someone who gets it, lol.

Well, almost your last line makes me think you haven't really touched current gen Madden for any significant length of time.

18 introduced Zone Match principle defenses (think of zone defense that converts to man on-the-fly depending on personnel and positioning). They are pretty game-changing and mirror what you see in NFL currently.

Also, special teams got some much-needed attention with legitimate non-glitchy kick block mechanics and seriously nice trick plays.

Additionally, there's Aggressive, RAC, and Possession catching; updated offensive hot routes; the ability to hot route defenders without selecting them first; The ability to change formation audibles on-the-fly...

I'll just stop now. Anyone reading this will realize that after a decade the game is drastically different or they won't and nothing I say will change their mind.

Looking to play Madden online head to head or simply hang out with others who enjoy the game?
Join MPN (Madden PC Network) on Evolve: https://www.evolvehq.com/recruit/group? ... 4J3gYdJMvZ

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:33 pm

BKGiantsFan wrote: I'll just stop now. Anyone reading this will realize that after a decade the game is drastically different or they won't and nothing I say will change their mind.

In addition to the game play features you mentioned, IMO the graphics update alone is reason enough to purchase the game. I mean it is light years ahead of M08. A lot of us here have spent hours and hours trying to update the graphics for M08 and while I think a very admirable job has been done, the limitations just make it impossible to compare. Just look at some of the shots below from M18, the photo-realism and detail are stunning, some of them actually cause you to do a double-take as they look like they came from a real-life game. Personally, I cannot wait to get M19 on the PC!

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:20 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:
BKGiantsFan wrote: I'll just stop now. Anyone reading this will realize that after a decade the game is drastically different or they won't and nothing I say will change their mind.

In addition to the game play features you mentioned, IMO the graphics update alone is reason enough to purchase the game. I mean it is light years ahead of M08. A lot of us here have spent hours and hours trying to update the graphics for M08 and while I think a very admirable has been done, it still does not compare. Just look at some of the shots below from M18, the photo-realism and detail are stunning, some of them actually cause you to do a double-take as they look like they came from a real-life game. Personally, I cannot wait to get M19 on the PC!

Yeah, the graphics are amazing. There is only so much you can do with a game rendered with DirectX 9

So far, I have not played any Next Gen Madden (Mainly because I don't have a PS4/XONE, and I probably won't get M19 because my PC is a 2004 piece of crap that somehow still works), but the improved gameplay and better looking graphics (And, at least to me, the fact you can actually return punts!), sound effects and commentary (The commentators talk pretty naturally, instead of just speaking their lines like Al Michaels and John Madden do in 08) are enough reason to get M19.

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:42 am

I'll give M19 a shot... but not MUT (I'm pretty angry with the FIFA version of this shit :evil: )

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:48 am

achernar wrote:I'll give M19 a shot... but not MUT (I'm pretty angry with the FIFA version of this shit :evil: )

Ultimate Team is just a microtransaction-run money farm hell hole.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

AaronS
MVP

Postby AaronS » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:31 am

BKGiantsFan wrote:Someone who gets it, lol.

Well, almost your last line makes me think you haven't really touched current gen Madden for any significant length of time.

18 introduced Zone Match principle defenses (think of zone defense that converts to man on-the-fly depending on personnel and positioning). They are pretty game-changing and mirror what you see in NFL currently.

Also, special teams got some much-needed attention with legitimate non-glitchy kick block mechanics and seriously nice trick plays.

Additionally, there's Aggressive, RAC, and Possession catching; updated offensive hot routes; the ability to hot route defenders without selecting them first; The ability to change formation audibles on-the-fly...

I'll just stop now. Anyone reading this will realize that after a decade the game is drastically different or they won't and nothing I say will change their mind.

You're not gonna find many EA sympathizers here.

They alienated this audience for over a decade, we're all p!ssed off about it, and aren't afraid to say so.

I played a lot of MUT last year. Its entertaining, IMO. I dabbled a bit in '12 with the roster editor, but it wasn't a noteworthy experience, outside of full roster capability.

I don't think the gameplay has drastically improved since Madden '07. Every versions has its quirks, money plays, and glaring flaws.

Visually it can be stunning. But I come from the Tecmo-era. I care a lot more about gameplay, and an engrossing experience. That's not Madden at this point. The only thing that made it engrossing is this community.

.. I HOPE this is a step in the right direction. What I really hope is PC becomes more franchise-centric, while the consoles continue to gravitate toward MUT... what I expect is, this is just a strait port like the old days.

BKGiantsFan
Veteran

Postby BKGiantsFan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:38 am

RevanFan wrote:
achernar wrote:I'll give M19 a shot... but not MUT (I'm pretty angry with the FIFA version of this shit :evil: )

MUT (and other Ultimate Team modes) makes EA boatloads of money.

It's pretty disgusting the way they get people who don't know better to part with their money.

I will say however that the mode itself is pretty fun and there are many ways to build a powerful team without spending a penny if you understand basic economic principles and are willing to spend a little time playing solos challenges and working the Auction House.

I have a "No Money Spent" MUT team in Madden 18 that's pretty amazing:

https://www.muthead.com/18/team-builder/947450

I'd be happy to provide tips for anyone wanting to test the MUT waters without spending money.

I'm part of a legion of NMS players who refuse to spend any money beyond the initial purchase of the game on EA's low-value packs with awful odds.

ElementalKazzoo
Pro Bowl

New franchise news for Madden 19 franchise!

Postby ElementalKazzoo » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:41 am

I take back what I said about Madden 19 on PC. I still don't want to get my hopes up though. With the modding community I think this game could be amazing https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/new ... -deep-dive
Respecting people is an important part of life, whether it's the person doing janitorial work or the person above you. It doesn't matter who you are: I'm going to respect you. -Andy Reid

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:11 pm

RevanFan wrote:

at least in FIFA...

exist a hidden handicap... when the game want you to lose, man...
is just impossible

Return to “General Discussion”