KEYBLO.EXE *Running Madden In a Window

Mentor_Mutant
Pro Bowl

Re: KEYBLO.EXE *Running Madden In a Window

Postby Mentor_Mutant » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:44 pm

elguapo wrote:In Windows 7 i can't make it a window but in XP I can, even tho i use the laptop. Im guessing the display drivers are the cause.

I can use madden in window mode with windows 7 so it could be your display drivers. I'm running windows 7 in 32 bit mode though. Not sure if you can run it in window mode at 64 bit.

Sponsor

Sponsor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:40 am

Mentor_Mutant wrote:
elguapo wrote:In Windows 7 i can't make it a window but in XP I can, even tho i use the laptop. Im guessing the display drivers are the cause.

I can use madden in window mode with windows 7 so it could be your display drivers. I'm running windows 7 in 32 bit mode though. Not sure if you can run it in window mode at 64 bit.

That's what I have, the 64bit. I was reading on the two versions and it seems that the 64 bit is able to access more memory and thus the drivers use that memory. Madden might be trying to access the memory from a 32bit on a 64bit which doesn't make it switch into window mode.

Using 32bit drivers won't work, but at least the alt-tab works.

PML17
Hall of Fame

Postby PML17 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:28 pm

3DAnalyze has a box you can check to play in Window Mode. Works for me on XP.
Retired from the Fourm. I check back in once a month, sorry in advance for late replies.

snakerule2002
All-Pro

Postby snakerule2002 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:37 pm

none of this helps me get madden to run in a window like it did on my windows ME system on my Windows 7 64 bit verson
http://s1.zetaboards.com/GESL/index/ GESL madden 2008 league I run and always can use new members

Mentor_Mutant
Pro Bowl

Postby Mentor_Mutant » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:26 pm

snakerule2002 wrote:none of this helps me get madden to run in a window like it did on my windows ME system on my Windows 7 64 bit verson

i don't think it will work in 64 bit no matter what you do. I can get mine to work in window mode but i have windows 7 at 32 bit.

PML17
Hall of Fame

Postby PML17 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:04 pm

It work for me if you delete 'keyblo.exe'.
Retired from the Fourm. I check back in once a month, sorry in advance for late replies.

Gridiron
MVP

Running Madden In a Window *SUCCESS*!!!

Postby Gridiron » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:17 pm

It looks like you were absolutely correct.

I have determined what the problem was on my Windows XP SP3 (x86) installation that prevented me from running in windowed mode.

Due to power supply issues, I had to disable my ATI Radeon 6750 graphics adapter,
and when using the motherboard Intel graphics adapter I am able to run the game in a window!

It seems that the ATI CATALYST graphics driver software was the only stopper.

So the logical question is...
are those of you who can't run MADDEN in a window also running an ATI adapter with their CATALYST drivers?

EDIT: My joy has been short lived.
Even though front-end setup is now operating in a window,
once the game starts it's back to full screen only. :oops:

EDIT 2: Happy, happy. Joy, joy!
Alt+Enter after the game starts and it will run in a window. :D

Unfortunately I will be eventually using that ATI Radeon card which forces the game to full screen. :cry:
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

pick6
Hall of Fame

Re: Running Madden In a Window *SUCCESS*!!!

Postby pick6 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:56 am

Gridiron wrote:are those of you who can't run MADDEN in a window also running an ATI adapter with their CATALYST drivers?

Yes, that's my situation too! I have an ATI Radeon HD 5670 (on 32-bit Win7), and have never been able to run Madden in windowed mode.

Sounds like you might be onto something there Grid! :D

Sidelion
MVP

Postby Sidelion » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:39 am

http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/3d_analyze/download/

Guaranteed way to force windowed mode. All of the tips here didn't work (Windows 7 64-bit), but the good news is that the game runs on DX9 and thus can be windowed using this program. Just unpack the program, open it, select your mainapp.exe, check the force windowed mode box, and click the Run box.
"Why do you go away? So that you can come back.
So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors.
And the people there see you differently, too."

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:44 am

pick6 wrote:
Gridiron wrote:are those of you who can't run MADDEN in a window also running an ATI adapter with their CATALYST drivers?

Yes, that's my situation too! I have an ATI Radeon HD 5670 (on 32-bit Win7), and have never been able to run Madden in windowed mode.

Sounds like you might be onto something there Grid! :D
I have since determined that my XFX Radeon HD6750 is defective. :cry:
I replaced it with an ATI RADEON HD5450, and I encountered the same problem of no windowed mode.
Looking more and more like this is a problem with MADDEN 08 on modern ATI RADEON HD video cards.

Sidelion wrote:http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/3d_analyze/download/

Guaranteed way to force windowed mode. All of the tips here didn't work (Windows 7 64-bit), but the good news is that the game runs on DX9 and thus can be windowed using this program. Just unpack the program, open it, select your mainapp.exe, check the force windowed mode box, and click the Run box.
Thanks for the link.
I've downloaded it and run it and it does work on my system.
It forces MADDEN into a 800x600 borderless window located at the top left of the screen ignoring any MADDEN.ini resolution settings.
Since the game's display does not have a window border containing the Windows® manipulation gadgets, the window can't be centered.
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

Return to “General Discussion”