KEYBLO.EXE *Running Madden In a Window

SteelCurtain
Rookie

Re: KEYBLO.EXE *Running Madden In a Window

Postby SteelCurtain » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:22 pm

Gridiron wrote:It forces MADDEN into a 800x600 borderless window located at the top left of the screen ignoring any MADDEN.ini resolution settings.
Since the game's display does not have a window border containing the Windows® manipulation gadgets, the window can't be centered.

Try DxWnd v2_02_90. I *think* the newest version ( v2_02_91 ) has some issues.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/f ... t%20build/

Import the settings file I uploaded below (File --> Import ...). Right click on game in DxWnd and click Modify. Then just edit these settings where the arrows are:

I'm running Windows 8.1 x64, AMD Radeon HD 7700 graphics card with the newest drivers. I got Madden to work in (borderless) Window mode, screen is centered and same resolution set in madden.ini.
Attachments
Madden NFL 08.zip
DxWnd Settings.
(341 Bytes) Downloaded 435 times

Sponsor

Sponsor

Robdog75
Rookie

Postby Robdog75 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:06 am

I had the same problem but after reading various threads on here about getting Madden 08 to play in windowed mode this is what I did. Rename the keyblo.exe to keyblo.old. Go into the madden.ini file in the documents folder, open in Notepad or something similar, scroll down a bit and you should see a line saying Windowed Mode [Yes/No] change that to Yes. Set the Video resolution to what ever you want. I did 800 x 600 and Save. Leave the file open though. I have had occurrences where I would change the ini file to say Yes in windowed mode but it would still go fullscreen, despite saving the file. I think the keyblo.exe maybe resetting the default values. But if you rename the keyblo.exe file to .old, it pretty much disables the keyblo.exe. Start Madden it should be in windowed mode. If it goes to fullscreen click Alt + Enter, this should make it windowed. When you start a match it will go fullscreen while loading as soon as the game starts, click Alt+Enter and with any luck it will go into windowed mode. This worked for me on Wins 7 32 bit.

cheo25
Veteran

Postby cheo25 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:30 pm

Robdog75 wrote:I had the same problem but after reading various threads on here about getting Madden 08 to play in windowed mode this is what I did. Rename the keyblo.exe to keyblo.old. Go into the madden.ini file in the documents folder, open in Notepad or something similar, scroll down a bit and you should see a line saying Windowed Mode [Yes/No] change that to Yes. Set the Video resolution to what ever you want. I did 800 x 600 and Save. Leave the file open though. I have had occurrences where I would change the ini file to say Yes in windowed mode but it would still go fullscreen, despite saving the file. I think the keyblo.exe maybe resetting the default values. But if you rename the keyblo.exe file to .old, it pretty much disables the keyblo.exe. Start Madden it should be in windowed mode. If it goes to fullscreen click Alt + Enter, this should make it windowed. When you start a match it will go fullscreen while loading as soon as the game starts, click Alt+Enter and with any luck it will go into windowed mode. This worked for me on Wins 7 32 bit.

Thanks, but it didn't work for me.

cheo25
Veteran

Postby cheo25 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:51 pm

Sidelion wrote:http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/3d_analyze/download/

Guaranteed way to force windowed mode. All of the tips here didn't work (Windows 7 64-bit), but the good news is that the game runs on DX9 and thus can be windowed using this program. Just unpack the program, open it, select your mainapp.exe, check the force windowed mode box, and click the Run box.

This did work for me. Thank you very much. I'm extremely grateful.

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:13 pm

Gridiron wrote:Harmless to your system to use this executable if you want to replace the EA code.

Code: Select all

X= 37
REXX: If X  >  0
  X= X- 2
EndIf
If X < 1
  End
EndIf
Goto REXX
End

The file that is attached to the post quoted above, came in very handy yesterday.
download/file.php?mode=view&id=1027
I had a corrupted program that started being executed during startup due to the presence of a corrupted file system object and screwing up my login.
Not even Autoruns could find out where it was being called from to turn it off.
However I was able to take ownership of the file and after I renamed my NO-OP version of keyblo.exe, I was able to replace the bad executable and the problem was solved.

Having a do nothing Windows executable might help you in the future.
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:29 am

Robdog75 wrote:I had the same problem but after reading various threads on here about getting Madden 08 to play in windowed mode this is what I did. Rename the keyblo.exe to keyblo.old. Go into the madden.ini file in the documents folder, open in Notepad or something similar, scroll down a bit and you should see a line saying Windowed Mode [Yes/No] change that to Yes. Set the Video resolution to what ever you want. I did 800 x 600 and Save. Leave the file open though. I have had occurrences where I would change the ini file to say Yes in windowed mode but it would still go fullscreen, despite saving the file. I think the keyblo.exe maybe resetting the default values. But if you rename the keyblo.exe file to .old, it pretty much disables the keyblo.exe. Start Madden it should be in windowed mode. If it goes to fullscreen click Alt + Enter, this should make it windowed. When you start a match it will go fullscreen while loading as soon as the game starts, click Alt+Enter and with any luck it will go into windowed mode. This worked for me on Wins 7 32 bit.

I had an ati video card until this week and it would not go windowed mode no matter what I tried.......but the ati started acting up so I upgraded to nvidia 550 ti which smokes the ati card by the way......

I followed all the steps up to this post.....and still no windowed mode

When I followed the steps in the quoted post .......boom :D .......back in business ;)

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:37 am

Rixster67r wrote:

I had an ati video card until this week and it would not go windowed mode no matter what I tried.......but the ati started acting up so I upgraded to nvidia 550 ti which smokes the ati card by the way......

I followed all the steps up to this post.....and still no windowed mode

When I followed the steps in the quoted post .......boom :D .......back in business ;)

Hello Rixster67r,
I have read on another gaming forum about this and suggested to another person on this forum to delete/move the keyblo file as it is not necessary to run the game....it worked so you may want to check out this latest post here......

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17223&p=66313#p66313
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Kyle
Rookie

Postby Kyle » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:11 pm

Tried almost everything...

Doesn't work I have Windows 7.

BlueLust
Rookie

Postby BlueLust » Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:16 am

Kyle wrote:Tried almost everything...

Doesn't work I have Windows 7.