Mods to use w/ default 08 rosters

Coachwf
Rookie

Postby Coachwf » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:19 pm

Haven't played the PC version in 10+ years. Madden 08 still looks great, but would love to use any mods to improve it, but I still want to use the default 08 rosters. If I install the FF/FI mod will that eliminate that option? Thanks.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: Mods to use w/ default 08 rosters

Postby Danchat » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:03 pm

Coachwf wrote:Haven't played the PC version in 10+ years. Madden 08 still looks great, but would love to use any mods to improve it, but I still want to use the default 08 rosters. If I install the FF/FI mod will that eliminate that option? Thanks.

You can save a copy of the default roster, then install the mods and load that copy to use the default roster.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Coachwf
Rookie

Postby Coachwf » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:48 pm

Thank you. Was afraid new portraits, etc. might not play well with the default rosters. Guessing maybe those are included w/ the roster file though.

EDIT..installed the latest FF/FI Mod, 4.1 i believe. Looks like everything updated, but it still shows the original rosters, but messed up the portraits like I feared. Anyone know if I can use the original roster with orig portraits, but with the FF/FI Mod?

donwash
All-Pro

Postby donwash » Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:22 pm

Coachwf wrote:Thank you. Was afraid new portraits, etc. might not play well with the default rosters. Guessing maybe those are included w/ the roster file though.

EDIT..installed the latest FF/FI Mod, 4.1 i believe. Looks like everything updated, but it still shows the original rosters, but messed up the portraits like I feared. Anyone know if I can use the original roster with orig portraits, but with the FF/FI Mod?

I tried what you did except removed the UIS_LIB_COACH_PORT and UIS_LIB_PLAYER_PORT files and the majority of the original ones were there and cartoon ones for some rookies and others.

Coachwf
Rookie

Postby Coachwf » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:48 pm

donwash wrote:
Coachwf wrote:Thank you. Was afraid new portraits, etc. might not play well with the default rosters. Guessing maybe those are included w/ the roster file though.

I tried what you did except removed the UIS_LIB_COACH_PORT and UIS_LIB_PLAYER_PORT files and the majority of the original ones were there and cartoon ones for some rookies and others.

That worked, thanks! Noticed the salary cap is way high too so all teams have like 100M in cap space. Any idea how to edit that?

Found this..just don't know what each field represents yet.
MXDBE Salary IMage.jpg
MXDBE Salary IMage.jpg (67.09 KiB) Viewed 631 times

donwash
All-Pro

Postby donwash » Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:44 pm

I think the DB_TEMPLATES.dat-origOVR file may change the salary information back to the original.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:12 pm

Coachwf wrote:
donwash wrote:

That worked, thanks! Noticed the salary cap is way high too so all teams have like 100M in cap space. Any idea how to edit that?

Found this..just don't know what each field represents yet.
MXDBE Salary IMage.jpg

SCAD - Salary Cap
SAMU - unit/increment
RFA1 - to RFA4 - amount tendered for RFAs
SMAD - possible max salary for a player

Coachwf
Rookie

Postby Coachwf » Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:19 pm

donwash wrote:I think the DB_TEMPLATES.dat-origOVR file may change the salary information back to the original.

Switched back to that file, but didn't notice salary differences.

I guess I could use the originally installed DB_Templates.dat, but not sure what else that will change.

Return to “General Discussion”