elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden 08 available for download?

Postby elguapo » Fri May 21, 2021 4:44 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
elguapo wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:
It is illegal to ...

2. Hack into the mmap and TMdl game files with 3rd party utilities and modify the original game files.

...for profit.

Not just for profit. You can't modify the default game files and distribute their game to anyone. Unless EA releases the game as open source. Texmod does not modify game files owned by EA properties. You do what you will, I just posted a portion of the EULA legal terms of use.

Well let's hope they don't find out about the '21 playbooks ripped for '08.

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri May 21, 2021 5:49 pm

elguapo wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:
elguapo wrote:
...for profit.

Not just for profit. You can't modify the default game files and distribute their game to anyone. Unless EA releases the game as open source. Texmod does not modify game files owned by EA properties. You do what you will, I just posted a portion of the EULA legal terms of use.

They (My 2021 books are all custom created by me) are not ripped from Madden 21 genius! My books were releases as .pbo or .pbd (all custom created content) well within the terms of use! There's no way to actually rip files from Madden 21 and make the work in Madden 08! Madden 21 PC files and structure are NOT backward compatible for use with Madden 08 PC! Shows how much you know. Plus, I never injected them into a dat :shock: file and released them to the public like 99% of your stuff Mr TMDL! :lol: 8-) :roll: :o

It wouldn't be me being served with a violation of terms of use by EA buddy! You'll be first! So you better hope they don't send you any notices elguapo! I'm good! :D

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Fri May 21, 2021 7:55 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
elguapo wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

They (My 2021 books are all custom created by me) are not ripped from Madden 21 genius! My books were releases as .pbo or .pbd (all custom created content) well within the terms of use! There's no way to actually rip files from Madden 21 and make the work in Madden 08! Madden 21 PC files and structure are NOT backward compatible for use with Madden 08 PC! Shows how much you know. Plus, I never injected them into a dat :shock: file and released them to the public like 99% of your stuff Mr TMDL! :lol: 8-) :roll: :o

It wouldn't be me being served with a violation of terms of use by EA buddy! You'll be first! So you better hope they don't send you any notices elguapo! I'm good! :D

Just make sure you setup a GoFundMe when they come for me, I'll do it for you too. ;)

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Fri May 21, 2021 9:41 pm

...and with all the upgrades we've done to Madden 08, EA should be thanking us for the countless downloads because of the mods.

Anyway, here's a screenshot of the suggested YouTube ads...
Screenshot_20210521-193719.png
Screenshot_20210521-193719.png (554.79 KiB) Viewed 1082 times

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri May 21, 2021 9:52 pm

elguapo wrote:Just make sure you setup a GoFundMe when they come for me, I'll do it for you too. ;)

Too funny... :lol: :lol: :lol: On house arrest wearing a tether! As I posted the info from EA's web site it was not directed at you or anyone person here at FI. But when you mentioned my playbooks, I was required to respond to the direct sarcastic attack, you understand, I'm sure! As Jimmy Uso said "I ain't nobody's _itch"!

I hope EA sports don't give a dead rat's ass about what we do here. And because there are so many members and other websites that acknowledge the outstanding effort & what's been done here at FI for Madden 08, I'm sure and we all know they are fully aware!

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri May 21, 2021 10:12 pm

elguapo wrote:...and with all the upgrades we've done to Madden 08, EA should be thanking us for the countless downloads because of the mods.

Anyway, here's a screenshot of the suggested YouTube ads...
Screenshot_20210521-193719.png

This quote was taken from Redit as someone questioned the legitimacy of Keen Shop.

" A friend tried to buy from this guy (Keen Shop) as it sounded like they were like cdkeys but turns out he’s trying to email a download link to download the pirated version that doesn’t play through origin .... he also wasn't easy to get a refund from and tried to convince her otherwise and criticizing her she’s making the wrong choice buying from somewhere else and requesting her money back...."

IJS, a new copy of Madden 08 can't be found anywhere, Madden 19 not for $12 & Madden 20 not 80% off! Don't get ripped off!

This text was copied directly from Keen-Shop website for Madden 19: 3 minutes ago.

Video game key code is for Windows Computer DOWNLOAD EDITION.
There is NO such edition for Madden 19 or 20 called a Download edition! Red Flag No.1
Game download link and install key code will be emailed within 24 hours after payment.
Origin or Steam does not operate like that. They don't send you a download link via email. You get access via their client software immediately after you purchase and install the client software. Red Flag No.2

Online use and multi-player is NOT available with this version. The key code is for single-player only. Please do not purchase if you want to use the game online.

So he's telling you, you get no EA server access or any updates! How many red flags do you need to recognized a scam/pirated copy? Madden has never sold any football game that's for off-line install, single player only use, ever!

I'm done here!

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Fri May 21, 2021 11:58 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
This quote was taken from Redit as someone questioned the legitimacy of Keen Shop.

" A friend tried...

That sounds like a red flag. :lol:

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat May 22, 2021 12:50 am

MikeWest502 wrote:
elguapo wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:
It is illegal to ...

2. Hack into the mmap and TMdl game files with 3rd party utilities and modify the original game files.

...for profit.

No one on this forum is distrubiting "the game" in any of the mods. Modified files, yes, but not nearly enough to run the game.

Generally, no company takes issue with someone modifying files for the purpose of modding the game, so long as no money is being made on it. It's technically a gray area, but most companies are fine with it. Take another EA game, for example: Mass Effect. Not only did EA not have a problem with the mods for the game, the devs at BioWare actually used some of the mods as a "baseline" for their own updates to the games for the remaster. Textures mostly, but some gameplay stuff too.

Take another game as an example, XCOM: Enemy Unknown from Firaxis and Take Two. Modders had to literally break the file encryption and hex edit files for most mods. Not only were the fine with it, the devs even said the mods were the "true way to play", hired some of the modders on, and made the sequel much easier to mod so people wouldn't have to break open the files again.

Modding can often be considered a legal gray area, but it is a gray area that almost no publisher will ever do anything about. In fact, mods often sell more game copies, so some publishers support mods for that reason. Take Bethesda. Their games wouldn't even be a fraction as popular as they are without mods, and they know it, so they readily support modding their games. Though... they did try to monetize modding once, but it just pissed people off and they backed off.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Sat May 22, 2021 10:14 am

RevanFan wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:
elguapo wrote:
...for profit.

No one on this forum is distrubiting "the game" in any of the mods. Modified files, yes, but not nearly enough to run the game.

Generally, no company takes issue with someone modifying files for the purpose of modding the game, so long as no money is being made on it. It's technically a gray area, but most companies are fine with it. Take another EA game, for example: Mass Effect. Not only did EA not have a problem with the mods for the game, the devs at BioWare actually used some of the mods as a "baseline" for their own updates to the games for the remaster. Textures mostly, but some gameplay stuff too.

Take another game as an example, XCOM: Enemy Unknown from Firaxis and Take Two. Modders had to literally break the file encryption and hex edit files for most mods. Not only were the fine with it, the devs even said the mods were the "true way to play", hired some of the modders on, and made the sequel much easier to mod so people wouldn't have to break open the files again.

Modding can often be considered a legal gray area, but it is a gray area that almost no publisher will ever do anything about. In fact, mods often sell more game copies, so some publishers support mods for that reason. Take Bethesda. Their games wouldn't even be a fraction as popular as they are without mods, and they know it, so they readily support modding their games. Though... they did try to monetize modding once, but it just pissed people off and they backed off.

Shoot, according to StingRay, EA's also been hiring on Madden modders.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sat May 22, 2021 1:54 pm

elguapo wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

" A friend tried...

That sounds like a red flag. :lol:

Go ahead and make the purchase, by all means please! And please report back A) the game is a legal copy or B) I purchased a pirated version!

Return to “General Discussion”