Madden 08 Franchise Companion

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden 08 Franchise Companion

Postby Danchat » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:22 am

Wow, this is pretty slick! I like having all this information in one spot, and you've done a fantastic job with the UI/overall design. Good work! I'll have to see if I can get myself to stop using .txt files and writing things down and paper and start using this for my franchises. ;)
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Sponsor

Sponsor

Apt Irrelevance
Rookie

Postby Apt Irrelevance » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:16 pm

Danchat wrote:Wow, this is pretty slick! I like having all this information in one spot, and you've done a fantastic job with the UI/overall design. Good work! I'll have to see if I can get myself to stop using .txt files and writing things down and paper and start using this for my franchises. ;)

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. I've coded a lot of web frontends in my time, so the goal was mainly to just have a clean and simple layout that was easy to read and use.

UPDATE:
Madden Franchise Companion v1.2
The checklist has been updated with the following features:
  • The checklist now supports both the RevanFan and Nza franchise guides. It will now ask you to select a guide and enter a season number and year. This info will be displayed at the top once selected. You can use the change button to make changes to these settings at any time.
  • The checklist and tabs on the left now auto-generate based on the guide and season number chosen, so the checklist will be different between season 1 and season 2+
  • The Nza checklist has been reordered to match RevanFan's guide so that season 2+ always starts at the end of the postseason. It's a slight difference to following the main Nza guide but I think ordering it this way makes the most sense.
NOTE: You may need to do a hard refresh (ctrl+F5) to see the changes. If you've already been using the guide, I would recommend making a note of your progress before refreshing, as the checklist steps have been re-arranged (this won't happen again with future updates).

Special thanks to RevanFan for helping me get his guide implemented and answering a lot of my franchise questions.

Next on the update list:
  • Adding support for multiple teams on the draft/FA page
  • Adding a page to keep track of defensive scheme changes for all 32 teams to make adjusting CPU depth charts easier
  • Adding import/export of app save data for backup purposes
I'm committed to getting this forum to the Super Bowl

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:27 pm

Very nice..I love the ability to change years ......Great work
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:37 am

I decided to sticky this thread. I'm not sure whether to leave it here or move it to the Franchise Guides section, but regardless, it's stickied.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Apt Irrelevance
Rookie

Postby Apt Irrelevance » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:48 am

RevanFan wrote:I decided to sticky this thread. I'm not sure whether to leave it here or move it to the Franchise Guides section, but regardless, it's stickied.

Thanks. Yeah, I wasn't sure about that either when I first started this thread. Seems like it would fit either place though.

d36williams
Veteran

Postby d36williams » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:48 pm

I'm having trouble loading the URL, do you need it hosted elsewhere? I'd like to try this tool.

Apt Irrelevance
Rookie

Postby Apt Irrelevance » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:02 am

d36williams wrote:I'm having trouble loading the URL, do you need it hosted elsewhere? I'd like to try this tool.

Sorry about that. I took down one of my servers recently and didn't realize it was hosting this app. I have moved it to a public GitHub page so there shouldn't be any further server issues. The links in the above posts have been updated. Let me know if you run into any issues.

d36williams
Veteran

Postby d36williams » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:32 pm

thanks for that! I only just started using the github pages for my own stuff, they're really great

Return to “General Discussion”