FI Website & my VPN

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

FI Website & my VPN

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:30 pm

There's something going on with the website. For over a year, I've used a VPN service. I've never had an issue accessing the site or uploading files to share. Just this morning when I tried to access this site, I received a new message prompting me to verify I'm not a robot. Even after I followed the instructions, I received this error:

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access this resource.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an Error Document to handle the request."

And I was unable to access the site. But when I disabled my VPN service. I didn't receive the error and there was no issue. Also with the VPN service turned on, I received an "HTTP error" when I tried to upload a new playbook to the site. So in a nut shell, if I can't access the website with my VPN service on., I'm sure I won't be coming back!

FI Website & my VPN

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: FI Website & my VPN

Postby RevanFan » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:02 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:There's something going on with the website. For over a year, I've used a VPN service. I've never had an issue accessing the site or uploading files to share. Just this morning when I tried to access this site, I received a new message prompting me to verify I'm not a robot. Even after I followed the instructions, I received this error:

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access this resource.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an Error Document to handle the request."

And I was unable to access the site. But when I disabled my VPN service. I didn't receive the error and there was no issue. Also with the VPN service turned on, I received an "HTTP error" when I tried to upload a new playbook to the site. So in a nut shell, if I can't access the website with my VPN service on., I'm sure I won't be coming back!

I responded to you in a PM, but I'll elaborate a bit more here. We have rules against using VPNs or proxies with this site, due to near constant use of false IPs by spam bots, as well as banned members attempting to circumvent said bans.

I trust you aren't using your VPN for nefarious reasons, and you've never been banned, so I'm fine with you using it. What likely happened is your VPN used an IP address that has been banned due to use by another user who has been banned. When we get spam bots or users who circumvent bans, we ban the IP address they used. Your VPN probably recycled one of those banned IPs. Try logging in with your VPN using a different server.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “General Discussion”