Madden Xtreme DB Editor Discussion Thread

Madden09User
Rookie

Re: Madden Xtreme DB Editor Discussion Thread

Postby Madden09User » Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:03 pm

Thank you both for these suggestions! I did get the second one working with the space after Vrabel. It looks great!
Now I'm having some issues with the PS2 clicking and freezing, but that's for another time.

I'm enjoying having 110 fields that I can edit thanks to the database editor. I'll be back in touch when I have another question. This is a great forum!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:56 pm

You may be well aware of this, but there is a bug where the player weight is set to 160 lbs on certain players in the roster editor version of the DB Editor.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:32 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:You may be well aware of this, but there is a bug where the player weight is set to 160 lbs on certain players in the roster editor version of the DB Editor.

Madden game has a min/max weight limit. 160 lbs is minimum and I think it's 415 lbs is the max.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:59 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
Austinmario13 wrote:You may be well aware of this, but there is a bug where the player weight is set to 160 lbs on certain players in the roster editor version of the DB Editor.

Madden game has a min/max weight limit. 160 lbs is minimum and I think it's 415 lbs is the max.

What I mean is a player that's in between those two numbers randomly has their weight set to 160 lbs.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:29 am

Austinmario13 wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

What I mean is a player that's in between those two numbers randomly has their weight set to 160 lbs.

Any player's weight that is less than 160 pounds is set to 160. Not too sure if the player's weight is over the max is set to 0 which is less than 160 pounds.

Also Madden doesn't use 1 to 1 for pounds. It adds 160 to the actual weight so when it reads the weight any number not between the min or the max might be set to 0.

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:34 am

The value for weight is 0 to 255. The game will add 160 to it when displaying.
ex. If you're using a db editor and want a players weight to be 300lbs, you would enter 150 in the cell. You enter anything higher than 255 in the cell, it will default to 0 when it saves. Just the way tdbaccess works.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:26 pm

elguapo wrote:I had some free time to work on the editor this week and added more features. It was mostly on the player options side.

Added a "cut roster size" feature where the current roster size is displayed and you set the new size, select the team you want the cut players sent. Players with the lowest OVR are cut first. You could have fun with this feature by cutting an entire team in another team and then cut that team to 55 players to that other team and you would end up with the best players from both teams.

Added the ability to edit ratings with highlighted fields (black text) that impact the OVR the most. The OVR could be set automatically if we can find the right combination Madden uses to adjust the OVR. I imported the formulas from the roster monster but it's not as easy as adding and dividing the number of fields.

I did notice a bug from the previous version where if you edited a name the player disappeared and that has been fixed.

The "Face Index" is what we refer to face ID and that is set by the skin tone just like in Madden. Madden 04 - Madden 07 are supported so far but there I might have to code an "*.ini" file for the different versions because there are significant differences on the versions. That tells me that it is very important to use the right roster for the version of Madden. In other words don't use a Madden 07 roster in Madden 08 and vice versa. A proper conversion from one version to a another is advised.
MXDBE_ALT.zip

I don't think people are understanding what I'm trying to say. The picture here is what I'm talking about. See how Tony Romo's weight is 160 lbs? If you save the roster, that will be the weight of the player in-game.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:38 am

You are correct Austin. That is a bug. Got it fixed last night and will put out an update soon. As long as you don't cycle through the players, the bug won't take affect.

EDIT
Added a fix to the player weight bug.

Added a fix to the team name and mascot edit function.

Download on top of first post.

TheLandFan
Rookie

Postby TheLandFan » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:07 pm

elguapo wrote:You are correct Austin. That is a bug. Got it fixed last night and will put out an update soon. As long as you don't cycle through the players, the bug won't take affect.

EDIT
Added a fix to the player weight bug.

Added a fix to the team name and mascot edit function.

Download on top of first post.

Elguapo, I just want to say thank you VERY much for all of your work! I have always wanted to be a contributor to what you guys are doing with this game, even as far back as 2011 when I still had my old account. I just never have had the time to do any of the modding because of my career and family life, so it has been paramount for me, and people like me, to be the beneficiaries of your efforts, and all the creators' efforts on this site, to keep this incredible game alive the way you do for us. Thank you!!! To all of you! This game, and what you've done with it, has gotten a lot of people through some really dark and trying times.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:36 pm

TheLandFan wrote:
Elguapo, I just want to say thank you VERY much for all of your work! I have always wanted to be a contributor to what you guys are doing with this game, even as far back as 2011 when I still had my old account. I just never have had the time to do any of the modding because of my career and family life, so it has been paramount for me, and people like me, to be the beneficiaries of your efforts, and all the creators' efforts on this site, to keep this incredible game alive the way you do for us. Thank you!!! To all of you! This game, and what you've done with it, has gotten a lot of people through some really dark and trying times.

I replied a few days ago but I was blocked from doing so.
blocked.png
blocked.png (103.6 KiB) Viewed 621 times

Return to “General Discussion”