Madden Xtreme DB Editor Discussion Thread

TroySteakman
Rookie

Re: Madden Xtreme DB Editor Discussion Thread

Postby TroySteakman » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:53 am

Hi elquapo - not sure how often you're on here, as this post is ~ a year old. I would love to use the editor from your posted screenshot, but when I downloaded it and opened the USR-DATA file, it still only shows the DB Editor tab, not the comprehensive player tab shown here. Any suggestions? Do I need a new type of USR-DATA file to use the updated editor?

Sponsor

Sponsor

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:52 pm

TroySteakman wrote:Hi elquapo - not sure how often you're on here, as this post is ~ a year old. I would love to use the editor from your posted screenshot, but when I downloaded it and opened the USR-DATA file, it still only shows the DB Editor tab, not the comprehensive player tab shown here. Any suggestions? Do I need a new type of USR-DATA file to use the updated editor?

You stated in another thread that you were using a ps3 file that you decrypted before loading into the db editor.
Just post the file that you said was decrypted.

TroySteakman
Rookie

Postby TroySteakman » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:01 pm

Thank you. I think part of the problem is that my copy of Bruteforce isn't actually decrypting properly. When I had a friend do it for me I was able to open it in the DB Editor - albeit without the more helpful Player tab from the updated Alt version. Any suggestions where I can download a functional version of Bruteforce? And/or any idea what I'm doing wrong that keeps me from seeing the other tabs? I tried to upload the USR-DATA file my friend properly decrypted for me to see if anyone could figure out why only a single tab is available, but it's telling me I can't upload that type of file on here.

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:20 pm

Well the db editor was designed to work with madden on pc. You're using it with a ps3 version. You did not state the game or the year, which could also be an issue with why you're not seeing the display work the way it does for pc. No idea about bruteforce, never used it. You would have to zip/rar the file to upload it here I believe.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:41 pm

The Alt version was an attempt to create a team roster editor but I believe I did not include the console file checking so it only opens pc db files.

So the PS3 db might open with MXDBE and not with the Alt version. But including a console file will always help to test.

Hope this clears things up.

TroySteakman
Rookie

Postby TroySteakman » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:53 pm

Thank you both for the advice. Here is the file I'm working with. This is the one my friend decrypted for me, and it works in the DB Editor, but not the more useful roster editor tab. My own attempts at decryption do not appear to be working.

BLUS TEST.zip
(690.58 KiB) Downloaded 37 times

TroySteakman
Rookie

Postby TroySteakman » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:58 pm

Also...if you don't use Bruteforce, what program do you use to encrypt and decrypt the USR-DATA files?

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:32 am

I see what you were referring to about the player tab. I looked at the code and for some reason it did not detect the "TEAM" table. (I got it fixed)

I had added more features to the Alt version and that I don't have a copy of the previous code so if I release a fix for this bug it will include the new features that I haven't really tested yet.

Do you have a copy of the original unencrypted file?

MXDBE's encryption/decryption is proprietary technology, ha ha just kidding. The program just looks for the DB file just as you would if you were to hex edit it.

TroySteakman
Rookie

Postby TroySteakman » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:03 pm

Thanks, elquapo! My knowledge is at a very basic level at this point so I'm not sure how to hex edit, either. I also can't get franchise files to open in the DB editor, decrypted or otherwise. I got a friend to decrypt a roster file for me so that now opens in the Xtreme editor, but the franchise file does not. Any suggestions?

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:17 am

TroySteakman wrote:I also can't get franchise files to open in the DB editor, decrypted or otherwise. I got a friend to decrypt a roster file for me so that now opens in the Xtreme editor, but the franchise file does not. Any suggestions?

If you are still working with madden 25, there is nothing available to edit those franchise files.

Return to “General Discussion”