3 = snow

Re: Madden Xtreme DB Editor Discussion Thread

Sponsor

Sponsor

bmoore0208
Rookie

Postby bmoore0208 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:28 pm

elguapo wrote:The code started getting messy again and I had to redo the GUI part. Not all is lost since I can copy and paste most of what was completed.

I started on the uniform settings just to do something different.

If you want to edit a uniform settings like shoulder numbers and if the uniform is a white or colored jersey this will be a big help. The created uniforms feature does not edit the settings.

You will need a copy of the streameddata.db and the extracted db_templates12.db. open MXDBE, open a roster, select the team tab, it will ask for the db files mentioned above, wait until the team list is populated, select the uniforms tab, select a team, select a uniform and edit the uniform settings. To save the changes exit the db editor and import the db_templates12.db file in the DAT file.

The only other working function is the Team select tab where you can edit the default team select teams in exhibition mode.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jiqj17niy59lq1u/MXDB_alt.zip/file

Untitled-1.jpg

I have the ps2 emulator for Madden 2004 up on my Windows...I was just wondering is there any software I can use to edit the 1994 49ers uniforms? I was thinking photoshop but im not sure about the other software I would need...do you have a step by step tutorial by the way on how to modify the uniforms?

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:48 am

bmoore0208 wrote:
elguapo wrote:The code started getting messy again and I had to redo the GUI part. Not all is lost since I can copy and paste most of what was completed.

I started on the uniform settings just to do something different.

If you want to edit a uniform settings like shoulder numbers and if the uniform is a white or colored jersey this will be a big help. The created uniforms feature does not edit the settings.

You will need a copy of the streameddata.db and the extracted db_templates12.db. open MXDBE, open a roster, select the team tab, it will ask for the db files mentioned above, wait until the team list is populated, select the uniforms tab, select a team, select a uniform and edit the uniform settings. To save the changes exit the db editor and import the db_templates12.db file in the DAT file.

The only other working function is the Team select tab where you can edit the default team select teams in exhibition mode.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jiqj17niy59lq1u/MXDB_alt.zip/file

Untitled-1.jpg

I have the ps2 emulator for Madden 2004 up on my Windows...I was just wondering is there any software I can use to edit the 1994 49ers uniforms? I was thinking photoshop but im not sure about the other software I would need...do you have a step by step tutorial by the way on how to modify the uniforms?

There are plenty of tutorials on editing uniforms by some of our members. Try the search function for a listing of tutorials.

The uniform settings in this thread deal with home/away, shoulder/sleeve numbers, helmet numbers,...etc

Madden09User
Rookie

Postby Madden09User » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:32 pm

Hello elguapo,
Thank you for your efforts on this editor! I'm in debt to you and all the other folks that have worked on the editor and understanding how to manipulate the Madden files. I've had a lot of fun using the database editor on a PS2 version of Madden 09. I'm having tons of fun and I'm able to do things to the roster that I've wanted to do for a long time.

One thing has held me up, and I'd like to reach out for some assistance: I wanted to do the thing the Patriots did in that era and use Mike Vrabel as a third/goal line tight end. I tried it a few different ways, and what seems to work the best is having two "versions" of Mike Vrabel--the LOLB version and a TE version. I copied the full line of data and pasted it in and made the copy a tight end. I gave the tight end version a different player ID so that his offensive stats will be tracked and the defensive stats are tracked separately. And through manually editing the Player file, it's allowing both versions to have uniform #50. Functionally, it's working very well--he shows up as a 64 overall pass-catching tight end. I would say it's 95% of the way to how I want it.

The only problem is that with the two versions, the jersey seems to want to differentiate the players. So instead of the name plate saying "Vrabel", both copies say "Mike Vrabel". (I believe it did this even when I made two copies of him with the same player ID). It looks wrong! haha. Is there any fix to this? Can I get it back to just say "Vrabel"?

Thank you for reading through this and I look forward to any suggestions from the community!

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:14 pm

Madden09User wrote:Hello elguapo,
Thank you for your efforts on this editor! I'm in debt to you and all the other folks that have worked on the editor and understanding how to manipulate the Madden files. I've had a lot of fun using the database editor on a PS2 version of Madden 09. I'm having tons of fun and I'm able to do things to the roster that I've wanted to do for a long time.

One thing has held me up, and I'd like to reach out for some assistance: I wanted to do the thing the Patriots did in that era and use Mike Vrabel as a third/goal line tight end. I tried it a few different ways, and what seems to work the best is having two "versions" of Mike Vrabel--the LOLB version and a TE version. I copied the full line of data and pasted it in and made the copy a tight end. I gave the tight end version a different player ID so that his offensive stats will be tracked and the defensive stats are tracked separately. And through manually editing the Player file, it's allowing both versions to have uniform #50. Functionally, it's working very well--he shows up as a 64 overall pass-catching tight end. I would say it's 95% of the way to how I want it.

The only problem is that with the two versions, the jersey seems to want to differentiate the players. So instead of the name plate saying "Vrabel", both copies say "Mike Vrabel". (I believe it did this even when I made two copies of him with the same player ID). It looks wrong! haha. Is there any fix to this? Can I get it back to just say "Vrabel"?

Thank you for reading through this and I look forward to any suggestions from the community!

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the editor.

The PS2 version and PC version might function differently. I'm not too familiar with having two players with the same number and it might something the PS2 NCAA guys might have already come up with a solution for.

Something I might do is have one player with one specific number and change the POPS (not PPOS) setting to TE (4). Then in the depth chart add in the TE depth chart.

if that doesn't work have two players with different PGIDs and change the TE's PPOS and POPS to 4. Then make sure he is in the depth chart list.

In madden 08 only certain numbers are allowed for offense and defense so you might have to do all that outside madden.

Madden09User
Rookie

Postby Madden09User » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:41 pm

Thanks again for the suggestions. Finally got a chance to test this some more and I must warn you: there's low quality pictures incoming haha. I'm still using an old school TV for this game setup. :lol:

I changed the POPS to a 4 as suggested,and went in the DCHT file and added his PGID (1700) to the TE depth chart. I'm thinking that the POPS is not taken into account by the depth chart. When I fired up the game, he did not appear as one of the options for the depth chart list (even though I had added him to the DCHT file on the computer). Trying to play a game as that team, the game froze repeatedly. I could never get to that formation to see what would actually show up.

The suggestion of using a different PGID is working, except for the name on the back of the jersey. I am able to have the linebacker version and the tight end version both show up as number 50 (roster photos included).

I just wish there were a way to have the back of the jersey just say "Vrabel". Are there any controls as to the number of characters on the back of the jersey? Or any other ways to put him on both lists as a single PGID? (I wonder if there is a way to get to the depth chart structure and modify it a bit. If I could get the TE depth chart to look at LOLBs, I would be in business.)
Attachments
IMG_20221011_211019994_HDR.jpg
LOLB
IMG_20221011_211019994_HDR.jpg (2.93 MiB) Viewed 1745 times
IMG_20221011_210533108_HDR.jpg
Jersey
IMG_20221011_210533108_HDR.jpg (2.57 MiB) Viewed 1745 times
IMG_20221011_211028217_HDR.jpg
TE
IMG_20221011_211028217_HDR.jpg (3.19 MiB) Viewed 1745 times

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:59 am

Madden09User wrote:Thanks again for the suggestions. Finally got a chance to test this some more and I must warn you: there's low quality pictures incoming haha. I'm still using an old school TV for this game setup. :lol:

I changed the POPS to a 4 as suggested,and went in the DCHT file and added his PGID (1700) to the TE depth chart. I'm thinking that the POPS is not taken into account by the depth chart. When I fired up the game, he did not appear as one of the options for the depth chart list (even though I had added him to the DCHT file on the computer). Trying to play a game as that team, the game froze repeatedly. I could never get to that formation to see what would actually show up.

The suggestion of using a different PGID is working, except for the name on the back of the jersey. I am able to have the linebacker version and the tight end version both show up as number 50 (roster photos included).

I just wish there were a way to have the back of the jersey just say "Vrabel". Are there any controls as to the number of characters on the back of the jersey? Or any other ways to put him on both lists as a single PGID? (I wonder if there is a way to get to the depth chart structure and modify it a bit. If I could get the TE depth chart to look at LOLBs, I would be in business.)

I believe what is going on is that Madden thinks there are two players with the same last name so it adds the first name to differentiate the two. You could try spelling the first name slightly different from the other and see if that works.

Madden09User
Rookie

Postby Madden09User » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:56 pm

Finally got a chance to test it out tonight. Where does all the time go?

It has still outsmarted me. You're absolutely right about what it's doing. It thinks there are two guys with the last name Vrabel on the team. I couldn't get just the last name on both players despite trying these:
- a space before the first name ( Mike Vrabel)
-a period before the first name (.Mike Vrabel)
-Initials (M.G. Vrabel)
-a totally different first name (TE Mike Vrabel)

On the back of the jersey, I'm still getting a Vrabel and an M Vrabel, or in the last example an M Vrabel and a T Vrabel. And the unfortunate part is that the tight end version is getting the preference because the PPOS is 4 vs the outside linebacker PPOS is 15.

I'm pretty well stumped on this one!

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:18 pm

How about changing the last name?

Vrabel with a lower case L
VrabeI with a capitol i

datmanmadden59x
Pro Bowl

Postby datmanmadden59x » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:53 pm

Try placing a space after Vrabel. One Vrabel has no space after Vrabel and the other Vrabel has a space after Vrabel. That's what I do for rosters on Madden 08 PC.

Return to “General Discussion”