Madden Xtreme DB Editor Discussion Thread

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:28 pm

I am working (slowly but surely) on a two for one editor. A db editor and roster/franchise editor. I am also thinking of releasing the source code if anyone is interested in speeding up this project since my limited time is just slowing the process.

This version was compiled using windows 11, visual C# 2022 and .Net Framework v8 (i believe).

Here are some of the new features:
  • Multi db files opened at once.
  • An *.ini file to load your favorite db files automatically.
  • Custom team roster to franchise ready roster. (...assuming all custom teams are roster/franchise ready)
  • Add/Remove uniforms to a team. (no physical uniforms)
  • Assign the default home and away uniforms. (no physical uniforms)

This is a work in progress and most up to date progress has been in the roster/franchise editor side. In order to use the roster/franchise editor you will need a copy of the DB_TEMPLATES.dat #12th file (zero based unchecked) and the streameddata.db file.

Once you have those two files we need to create a text MXDBE.ini file to load the necessary files automatically.

Code: Select all

DEFF,definitions.csv
FORD,0
DISP,0
FILx,C:\Users\madde\Documents\Madden NFL 08\00012-DB_TEMPLATES.db
FILx,C:\Users\madde\Documents\Madden NFL 08\StreamedData.db
FILx,C:\Users\madde\Documents\Madden NFL 08\Rosters\roster00.ros

DEFF = the location of the definitions file.
FILx = the location of the db files you want to load automatically.
FORD and DISP = not used right now.

Once you have all the necessary files, open up the editor.

...press CTRL+R, then click on the X editor option. (your files set in the *.ini file will be loaded automatically) the last file should be the roster you plan to edit with the roster/franchise editor.

Click on File, click on Load DB to transfer the roster over.

The TEAM tab is mostly functional. The only things you can't do is Create a Team or add/delete a uniforms settings entry.
To add a uniform to a team either copy the UFID of another team's uniforms or scroll through the UFID settings or just set a UFID setting and click Add on the Uniform button. To delete just click on the minus button to delete a uniform.

The create a franchise option is on the first screen and it is semi functional where you still need to import your coaches to the franchise file and set their original TTYP settings. So backup your files!!
To save your changes, go back to the first screen and save every file individually.

...previous version MXDBE_alt
Spoiler:
MXDBE_alt

I'm starting this thread to talk about the progress of the Xtreme DB Editor.

I changed the way the editor deletes teams. It now only deletes the city and stadium if it is a created team (type 5). Else it only deletes the team.

While adding the team ratings I noticed that the ratings are off on some of the teams. I'm using the default roster for testing. The bears and patriots are two examples where the overall rating does not match the offense or defense ratings.

Are the team ratings just cosmetic and have no bearing on the game outcome? On the preview exe you can see on the team header the ratings as they are on the team table and on the ratings on the bottom the offense is based on the QBs+RBs+OLs+WRs / 4 and the defense is based on the Special Teams+LBs+DLs+DBs / 4. The overall rating is based on the offense+defense / 2.

The all time and europe teams are almost a match from the ratings above and below but some of the NFL teams are way off.

So what do you guys think, does the team ratings have any affect on the game and should the editor correct the ratings based on the bottom half ratings?

Sponsor

Sponsor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden Xtreme DB Editor Discussion Thread

Postby elguapo » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:36 am

Xtreme.png
Xtreme.png (56.81 KiB) Viewed 3970 times

Added what I call the "Team Art Scheme". These settings can be exported and imported into another team.

More info in the HELP.txt file.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/n6pwi9nzh9kun8k/MXDBEpreview3.zip/file

wolfemac
Rookie

Postby wolfemac » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:48 pm

It has to do with the win loss probability for simming the game than in game play.

Just as the coaching sliders affect the sim engine and in game. I have found that a 0% offense aggressive yields better stat results for bot in game and simming.

I am still working on the best defensive aggressiveness to help get the stats almost perfect

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:02 pm

That is interesting. One way of testing this theory is to assign the patriots team ratings to a less competitive team and see if the same results appear the same as it did for the patriots.

I say patriots because when I sim seasons the patriots are usually in conference championships or super bowls. I hope that EA didn't put in some code to favor the patriots no matter the team or player ratings.

This is definitely interesting tho.

wolfemac
Rookie

Postby wolfemac » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:32 pm

I spent countless hours simming seasons over and over again and found when the coaching aggr. is a 0 and the run/pass ratio is at 65 you get 10 to 12 1000 yard HB's and 6 to 9 4000+ QB's.

All of this was tested with 1% run/pass ratio and 100% aggr for defense.

I am starting rounds of 50% run/pass ratio and 0% aggr. for defense to see if the results vary.

From what I have seen during the constant simming is that teams close in over all when they play each other are 50/50

while teams with higher over all versus their opponents tend to win 90% of the time.

This has all been done with the base rosters though, so with edited rosters the results may vary, but I have done a few simming with the 2020 and it came out about the same but teams that you think should be on top like the Bucs or Chiefs never fair well usually end up 9 and 7, 8 and 8 even went 6 and 10 though their stats are good.

So its how I figured out that those overalls mattered while simulating as I when back and started watching those teams I knew where good in the edited roster and figured out it mattered. Though it did make for a boring process of simulating multiple teams. LOL.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:06 am

When you start working on the player tab, look at PSTM. It changes what temperature players wear sleeves at. 127 is always and 0 is never. You can really mess with it just like in Madden 20 and up.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:57 am

Austinmario13 wrote:When you start working on the player tab, look at PSTM. It changes what temperature players wear sleeves at. 127 is always and 0 is never. You can really mess with it just like in Madden 20 and up.

Absolutely. I will try link up or have every field editable.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:11 am

...added an option to export/import team ratings for editing or to export/import into another team. (I want to link these settings to player ratings)

...added an option to select the team's rivals.

Came across the same issue with coach's for the city and stadium names where if duplicates were found the first instance of a city or stadium was used. To make two separate cities or stadiums I added their city/stadium is at the end. ( the reason for this because I'm using the in-house sorting function wich messes the order of the table. I could write my own sort to keep track of the names as they are being sorted but I feel that would take much longer to write, maybe in the future I can "circle back to it")

preview.png
preview.png (67.22 KiB) Viewed 3832 times

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6cui3mg8uhg6fbd/MXDBEpreview4.zip/file

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:33 am

The code started getting messy again and I had to redo the GUI part. Not all is lost since I can copy and paste most of what was completed.

I started on the uniform settings just to do something different.

If you want to edit a uniform settings like shoulder numbers and if the uniform is a white or colored jersey this will be a big help. The created uniforms feature does not edit the settings.

You will need a copy of the streameddata.db and the extracted db_templates12.db. open MXDBE, open a roster, select the team tab, it will ask for the db files mentioned above, wait until the team list is populated, select the uniforms tab, select a team, select a uniform and edit the uniform settings. To save the changes exit the db editor and import the db_templates12.db file in the DAT file.

The only other working function is the Team select tab where you can edit the default team select teams in exhibition mode.

DOWNLOAD MXDBE_alt

Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (159.54 KiB) Viewed 3708 times

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:41 pm

New information about uniforms. The TUCO 0, 1 does not assign the home, away uniforms. The TUHO and TUAW in the TEAM table does. The TUHO, TUAW assigns the uniform from the TUCO list.

The practice uniforms are counted from the TUCO 0, 1 list. I will update the code to reflect this new information.

Return to “General Discussion”