Madden 08 PS2/PC Fusion

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden 08 PS2/PC Fusion

Postby AaronS » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:14 pm

And what is the table for subs? DCSB?? (the one that controls what positions can be subbed for, and the ratings drop?)

Strait out of the box, I believe WRs can't play corner, or S, and vice versa.

I would imagine this was edited on the FF mod file. I know I did it for guys like Deion and Charles, and Rod Woodson.

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:29 pm

BUS36 wrote:I think it may have something to do with the playbooks is made on the Original Madden08 and being played in the FFFI Mod.

I disagree coach because playbooks have nothing "zero" to do with depth charts or substitutions. The books only carry plays and base formations with default players. And i'm using the Madden 08 PS2's default depth chart and subs. I didn't bring the db_template file to the fusion PS2. Only gamedat, sounddat and fieldart were imported thus far! And with so many updated .dds & .png files imported into the uniforms and stadiums, I don't know if (haven't tested) PS2 Madden can handle the HD graphics load that M08PC can!

I did mention there's a coding difference when I initially imported my first gamedat, that Madden PS2 wouldn't let me start a franchise game ! So I had to redo a set of my updated books to use default Madden special teams formations & plays which work fine in franchise play on PS2!

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:45 pm

ok
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:05 am

What happened to the yards?

Lions were driving on the Vikings at the MINN. 7 yard line when the QB threw an INT. The DB returned the int 70+ yards when the HB caught him from behind. The HB forced a fumble, then was fast enough to get up and pick up the fumble. The HB then returned the fumble 56 yards. Lions had a 1st & 10 on the vikings 37 yd line. At the time of the play the HB was sitting on 82 yds rushing. When I checked the stats, I couldn't find the 56 return yards.

In the individual game stats the Vikings DB recorded the INT with the 70 yds returned. And the HB had 1 recorded tackle with the forced fumble included. But the fumble return yards didn't show up on any stat in the game! Someone explain to me where they should have showed up!! :?

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:27 am

MikeWest502 wrote:What happened to the yards?

Lions were driving on the Vikings at the MINN. 7 yard line when the QB threw an INT. The DB returned the int 70+ yards when the HB caught him from behind. The HB forced a fumble, then was fast enough to get up and pick up the fumble. The HB then returned the fumble 56 yards. Lions had a 1st & 10 on the vikings 37 yd line. At the time of the play the HB was sitting on 82 yds rushing. When I checked the stats, I couldn't find the 56 return yards.

In the individual game stats the Vikings DB recorded the INT with the 70 yds returned. And the HB had 1 recorded tackle with the forced fumble included. But the fumble return yards didn't show up on any stat in the game! Someone explain to me where they should have showed up!! :?

Madden has always been a bit screwy when it comes to stats. My guess is that the game isn't prepared for offensive players recording defensive stats that aren't tackles and forced fumbles (And maybe INTs). It's similar to what happens with combined tackles, 3 guys can tackle a ball carrier, but only one defender will get the "Tackle"
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:12 pm

jose21crisis wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:What happened to the yards?

Madden has always been a bit screwy when it comes to stats. My guess is that the game isn't prepared for offensive players recording defensive stats that aren't tackles and forced fumbles (And maybe INTs). It's similar to what happens with combined tackles, 3 guys can tackle a ball carrier, but only one defender will get the "Tackle"

It was an amazing play, but the PS2 version cut the replay really short I didn't save it. It only showed the tackle forced fumble and the HB's return.

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:11 am

MikeWest502 wrote:It was an amazing play, but the PS2 version cut the replay really short I didn't save it. It only showed the tackle forced fumble and the HB's return.

In NCAA on PS2 the longest a replay can be is 12 seconds. Once a play goes longer than 12 seconds it only shows the last 12 seconds of the play in replay, and it won't show the player running into the endzone if he scores a TD, it will end right as he crosses the goal-line, or right as he goes to ground. In replays shorter than 12 seconds, you will see the player run into the endzone or roll around for a moment after he gets tackled. And unlike Madden on PS2, where you can save replays to the memory card, in NCAA on PS2 you can't save the replay to the memory card, which is why I play NCAA on PCSX2 so I can save a save state which is how I save replays. From what you're saying, it sounds like Madden on PS2 also has the 12 second replay limit. I'm not sure if the Original Xbox versions allow longer replays.

In NCAA 06 PS2, there's a quirk where if you don't turn on Auto Replays at the beginning of the game, and then you have a play longer than 12 seconds, when you access the replay it will be missing frames and will be choppy. But there's a solution, if you turn on Auto Replays at the beginning of the game, then once there's a big play that causes an auto-replay to occur, then after that, from that point on all 12 second replays will be smooth for the rest of the game. (even if you turn Auto Replay Off after that) So it's as though the act of an auto-replay loading corrects this problem of 12 second replays being choppy. So until you allow an Auto Replay to load one time, 12 second replays will be missing frames and will look choppy, so it's imperative to have Auto Replays on to begin a game so this problems gets corrected once an auto replay loads. This is something that I will try to hack in NCAA 06 so I can turn Auto Replays off and still get smooth 12 second manual replays without needing an Auto Replay to load to correct this problem.

Also FYI in NCAA on PS2, if you pitch the ball to a teammate, the teammate who has the ball last before getting tackled will get all the yards gained on the play. So for example, if you are running the option, if your QB runs for 10 yards, then you pitch it and the HB gets another 5 yards then gets tackled, the RB will get all the 15 yards credited to him since he had the ball last.

It is interesting to hear your story in Madden PS2 about the INT then the forced fumble but the return yards after the forced fumble not being credited to the HB. That's a pretty rare event so maybe it's a stat bug for the return yards after the fumble to not be displayed anywhere in player stats. I wouldn't expect those yards to be counted as rushing yards, and I wouldn't expect those yards to be in punt return yards or kick return yards either. Maybe because the HB isn't a defensive player he wouldn't show up in the list of defensive players where return yards from Fumbles or INTs would be listed.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:07 pm

Harry97 wrote:[
In NCAA on PS2 the longest a replay can be is 12 seconds. Once a play goes longer than 12 seconds it only shows the last 12 seconds of the play in replay, and it won't show the player running into the endzone if he scores a TD, it will end right as he crosses the goal-line, or right as he goes to ground. In replays shorter than 12 seconds, you will see the player run into the endzone or roll around for a moment after he gets tackled. And unlike Madden on PS2, where you can save replays to the memory card, in NCAA on PS2 you can't save the replay to the memory card, which is why I play NCAA on PCSX2 so I can save a save state which is how I save replays. From what you're saying, it sounds like Madden on PS2 also has the 12 second replay limit. I'm not sure if the Original Xbox versions allow longer replays.

In my test/check Madden PS2 replays are only 6 seconds long!

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:11 pm

This is a crazy fun story! PS2 Progression and carma!

The Chiefs GM thought it would be wise to trade their No.1 QB, Byron Leftwich 30 years old in order to give Aaron Rodgers & Kapernick more reps. Rodgers was picked up in FA 2 seasons prior after being released from GB and was only rated 77. Fast forward 2.6 seasons and with minimal playing time during that period, Rodgers is currently rated a beefy 92 ovr.

What happened during last season was the coaching staff substituted Rodgers in all of the Gun formations (only) because of his speed. Leftwich had a very low speed rating and and was not able to escape the pocket taking advantage of open field when defenses used man coverage. Rodgers did and averaged 9 yds per carry each season.

Along with that, Aaron threw accurate passes and even though he only threw 83 passes for the season averaging 14.4 per pass and 700+ yards, threw 11 TD's with only 1 INT! His passer rating was a whopping 141.8, higher than Byron's 117 at the end of last season. Hence the staff put Leftwich (98 OVR) on the trade blocks and asked for a No.1 & No.2 draft pick.

The only team willing to make the trade was the Detroit Lions! The deal was done, the Lions got their franchise QB! Immediately the Lions team morale jumped 14%. both Calvin Johnson and Roy Williams (who was holding out) signed new contracts with Detroit! They both finished the season making the Pro Bowl with Leftwich distributing the rock!

Mean while up north. Adrian Peterson was upset with the Vikings because he wasn't getting the reps he thought he deserved. Chester Taylor is the Vikings feature back. Petersons morale was low. During free agency the Lions made a bid to pickup restricted FA Peterson, he accepted their offer, the Vikings didn't match and he's been the feature back for Detroit in my fused franchise over 3 weeks now!

I haven't kept up with the NFL for almost a month preparing for the work from home and virtual classes my youngsters are in! Last night, I looked on my fav sports web site Rotoworld and was browsing through each NFL team's updates. I was super shocked :shock: to see the real Detroit Lions picked up Adrian Peterson! I was floored!

Now back to the Madden PS2 progression. The Chiefs coaching staff also felt it was important to get Kapernick more reps, and employed the same technique they did for Aaron 2 seasons ago, but they did this week 1. The season is in week 11. Kapernick has jumped from a 72 draft rating to a solid 81 OVR! I like the Madden PS2 progression point system over the PC version. Now KC has a QB conundrum going forward!

Shots from the franchise.
Attachments
AP Lions new Bell Cow.png
Looking pretty awesome in the Detroit custom Rush uniforms
AP Lions new Bell Cow.png (374.31 KiB) Viewed 2852 times
Gronk.png
Gronk showing the fans his unique athleticism!
Gronk.png (328.5 KiB) Viewed 2852 times
Kap & Golden Tate KC's rising Stars.png
Discussing what went wrong!
Kap & Golden Tate KC's rising Stars.png (1.29 MiB) Viewed 2852 times

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:54 am

AaronS wrote:(the one that controls what positions can be subbed for, and the ratings drop?)

Strait out of the box, I believe WRs can't play corner, or S, and vice versa.

That's not entirely true in Madden. Earlier in the 1st season of my franchise, I signed Vincent Jackson and moved him to TE because of his 6'5 240 lb frame. He was originally rated 81 OVR as a WR and only has a 2 yr contract that only totaled 2.5mil. He didn't loose any ratings points at TE, his rating went up to 87 OVR. He was rated a better TE due to his CTH, SPD, AGL, AWR & STR, being high. He wanted a higher contract for over $5 mil per year! I was having a problem with resigning player's because they wanted so much given their OVR rating. I read on another web site that editing the player to a different position would possibly lower his OVR, thus I could negotiate a lower contract.

I tried that with V. Jackson, edited him to SS. His OVR only dropped 3 points and he wanted just as much playing SS as he did playing TE. Frankly, I couldn't resign him with little cap space I was working with. I edited him back to TE and I moved on to sign other players I could with the cap I had. I was trying to clear more cap space to re-sign him. I accidentally forgot to change V-Jack's position back to WR. He was on the FA market as a TE and was signed by another team (CLE) to a contract he wanted. I was totally upset that I couldn't re-sign him and now have to wait until he becomes a FA to renegotiate a new contract.

The statement is true if say you edit/move a DT to C or LG, his rating will drop because the other position requires him to have a certain level in specific attributes to be rated high. OL need to have good STR, AWR, PBLK and RBLK. DT has good enough STR and AWR, but because his PBLK and RBLK are low, his OVR will drop! to the lower rating.

So it really depends on what position you are subbing for. That's why HB's or WR's can't play QB, due to their lower than average THP & THA, which are the 2 most important attributes for good QB's!

Return to “General Discussion”