Changing uniforms on custom teams

aqacommish
Rookie

Postby aqacommish » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:39 pm

When I try and change the colors on a custom team and click save the file the game crashes.

There is so much on this forum to digest so maybe I missed it somewhere. Is there a tutorial that goes through this?

Thanks in advance

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: Changing uniforms on custom teams

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:54 pm

aqacommish wrote:Changing uniforms on custom teams

When I try and change the colors on a custom team and click save the file the game crashes.

There is so much on this forum to digest so maybe I missed it somewhere. Is there a tutorial that goes through this?

Thanks in advance

There maybe something wrong with the team's custom art dat file. In \doc\madden08\customart\ folder, find the team's dat file, rename it. Then, open Madden and recreate the team, should be good to go!

aqacommish
Rookie

Postby aqacommish » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:03 am

It is happening to every team when I try and change the color

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:50 pm

the issue seems to be you system updating the current team .dbt files. Can you create new teams and modify colors successfully, or does the game crash then also?

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:55 pm

It can be several things. There's an extra/missing team, coach, players...etc. You can either start all over or try to figure out what's the problem.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:32 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:the issue seems to be you system updating the current team .dbt files. Can you create new teams and modify colors successfully, or does the game crash then also?

I mean't to say the custom team's dat file, located in the customart folder is corrupted, not dbt file! The dbt file is only created when you export a team from a roster! Since it's a system crash with no error when you update the colors, it's surely the custom.dat file. Like elguapo stated, you need to start over!

Return to “General Discussion”