Simulating AWR for Human QBs

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:22 pm

I've been thinking of ways to limit my ability when I'm playing with low AWR QBs. Since the main disadvantage those guys have over higher AWR QBs is the smaller Vision Cone if you use it (Which I do, makes AWR and THA come into play a bit more), I decided to create an additional series of rules depending on my guy's AWR.
  • 73 or less: No Formation Audibles or full play Audibles (Switching the run direction is not an audible). No Slide Protection. No Hot Routes except for players in the backfield. Those players can only be audibled to block.
  • 74 to 78: No Formation or full play audibles. No Slide Protection. One Hot Route per play, counting backfield block calls. No Advanced Hot Routes (That is, no Fade Streak, Drag, Screen or Slant) or Smart Route.
  • 79 to 82: No Formation Audibles, Full Play Audibles allowed. No Slide Protection. Two Hot Routes per play. No Advanced Hot Routes or Smart Routes.
  • 83 to 86: No Formation Audibles, Full Play Audibles allowed. Slide Protection allowed. Three Hot Routes per play. No Advanced Hot Routes or Smart Routes.
  • 87 to 89: Pass to Run Formation Audible allowed, Full Play Audibles allowed. Slide Protection allowed. Four Hot Routes per play. No Advanced Hot Routes or Smart Routes.
  • 90 to 91: All Audibles allowed. Slide Protection allowed. Five Hot Routes per play. No Advanced Hot Routes or Smart Routes.
  • 92 to 94: All Audibles allowed. Slide Protection allowed. Five Hot Routes per play. Smart Routes allowed.
  • 95 onwards: All Audibles allowed. Slide Protection allowed. Five Hot Routes per play. Advanced Hot Routes and Smart Routes allowed.
Additionally, on 82 and less I can't switch the primary receiver to start the play. 83 to 89 I can between the receivers in the route concept I'm running. 90 onwards I can switch to any receiver to start the play.

And another concept I'll eventually try is also limit the hot routes a receiver can use based on his AWR. So low AWR receivers can only use basic hot routes, without Advanced Hot Routes or Smart Routes (For RBs, this also applies for the check release adjustment). Higher AWR receivers have a broader hot route tree.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: Simulating AWR for Human QBs

Postby MikeWest502 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:48 pm

I noticed that qb's with lower AWR (below 80) tend to throw more int's and into coverage more often! They have very few drives over 5 or 6 plays and slide every time they break the pocket! I made a few changes too!

When I play defense against teams who's QB is weak. No blitzing, No zones with blitzing, no doubling any wr and I only use base 4-3 package. If the off lines up in 4-wr or 5-wr, I have a 4-3 cover 2 man set where the OLB's drop off into deep 1/2 coverage and the FS & SS play man coverage! I also boosted every QB's break tackle +7. They don't slide as much during a scramble and aren't easily sacked after taking the initial hit! Finally, I observed a quirk/issue in some custom playbooks I downloaded. If it's a passing play, but the primary wr is set to (QB) in the play data, the qb will tuck it and run as if it was a qb draw or something. I've edited a couple plays and the tests were positive!

Return to “General Discussion”