Are Position Battles a Thing in Superstar Mode?

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:27 am

So, all of you know about the feature in Franchise mode, right? When you are in the preseason, you can see the "Position Battles" from the "Team Management" screen. Whoever is leading a Position Battle at the end of the preseason gets the spot on the depth chart when you progress to the regular season.

So for example, you have running back A with a 90 overall and running back B with 89 overall. When you auto-reorder the depth chart, it goes according to OVR (RB A before RB B). Running back A runs for 200 yards during the preseason and fumbles the ball twice. Running back B runs for 250 yards and scores 2 touchdowns. In franchise mode, running back B would be leading the Position Battle and the depth chart would get reordered at the start of the regular season to move him in front of the higher OVR running back A (RB B before RB A) and make him the starting RB.

So, are position battles a thing in Superstar mode? I finished the superstar mode and decided to let the CPU make the depth chart decision as I thought it would work similar to Franchise mode, but nothing happened. The depth chart remained the same, and if this was Franchise mode, there would have been at least three changes based on the stats the players posted in the preseason. So are position battles only present in Franchise mode? I was looking forward to seeing what the CPU decides to do regarding the depth chart, but it seems like I'll have to make the decisions myself.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: Are Position Battles a Thing in Superstar Mode?

Postby Danchat » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:58 am

This is a really good question, and I've wondered it myself years ago. I think I'll take a look into this and see if I can figure out if the position battles happen or not.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:05 am

Danchat wrote:This is a really good question, and I've wondered it myself years ago. I think I'll take a look into this and see if I can figure out if the position battles happen or not.

Let me know if you end up looking into this. From what I've seen, I think it's only happening in Franchise mode.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:17 pm

rambolz wrote:
Danchat wrote:This is a really good question, and I've wondered it myself years ago. I think I'll take a look into this and see if I can figure out if the position battles happen or not.

Let me know if you end up looking into this. From what I've seen, I think it's only happening in Franchise mode.

I just simulated a few rounds of Superstar, and it appears you're right - position battles aren't a thing in superstar mode.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:27 pm

Danchat wrote:
rambolz wrote:

I just simulated a few rounds of Superstar, and it appears you're right - position battles aren't a thing in superstar mode.

Nope, they aren't a thing. The best I've been able to get is MaddenAMP's Reorder Depth Chart option, which reorders the depth chart based on OVR and proggression, so a 87 OVR young LB would get the start over a 90 OVR 37 year old LB on the verge of retirement.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Return to “General Discussion”