Madden 08 for PC Injury Rating/Injury Prone Role

lionfan1986
Rookie

Postby lionfan1986 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:03 pm

Okay, so I've been playing Madden since the early SNES days. I've long since loved the PS2 versions and the PS2 Ports for PC, like Madden 08. I've always loved how much there is to do in the Franchise mode that is simply not in the newer games. However, one thing that has always irked me is the injury/toughness ratings and the injury prone role.

Example: I drafted a WR, James Carter, in the 6th round. His hands are bad, but I didn't care about that as I wanted him solely to be my kick/punt returner. He has 99 speed, 99 accel, and 96 agility. However, both his injury rating and his toughness ratings are below 80. Sure enough, after his rookie season and going to the pro bowl as a kick returner, his awareness increased to 99 like all my other players do every offseason, but his injury and toughness ratings did not change. He was slapped with the injury prone label. Now, because he's not touching the ball that much, maybe 2 or 3 times per game max, it's not that big of a deal for him. But it does bring up a sticking point.

When you read the injury prone role, it states that the player is injury prone because his inj rating is below 80 while his toughness rating is below 80. It also states that if either rating goes back above 80, the role will be removed. However, I've never seen that rating increase without modding the game/editing the player before starting the franchise for any player. In the newer Maddens, like Madden 16, you can use XP (albeit a lot of XP) to increase the INJ rating. You can also upgrade the TGH rating in Madden 16 and it doesn't cost anywhere near as much XP as INJ does. But the old Maddens are not on the XP system and progression is determined by the Madden AI. My question is, is it possible to increase the INJ/TGH ratings in game without mods/hacks? If so, what would I need to do?

Thanks for reading and any info you have would be appreciated.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Madden 08 for PC Injury Rating/Injury Prone Role

Postby RevanFan » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:28 pm

Honestly, I don't know if I've ever seen them progress upward either. Only downward as part of aging.

As for you 99 awareness thing, that is actually a bug that can be fixed using a feature in NZA's Editor version 1.3.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:32 pm

There is only one type of player that can increase Injury ratings. During the first 3 years of a player drafted as a halfback, if they perform to a high level they can gain a +2% boost to their injury rating.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

lionfan1986
Rookie

Postby lionfan1986 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:11 pm

RevanFan wrote:As for you 99 awareness thing, that is actually a bug that can be fixed using a feature in NZA's Editor version 1.3.

Honestly, that bug doesn't bother me. I actually like it because I can sit a rookie QB drafted in the later rounds on the bench for a year or two and develop his accuracy in training camp and then trade him for a high 1st or 2nd round pick. Since I'm playing offline by myself, I don't see a need to fix it.

Return to “General Discussion”