I threw a ball at the crossbar... [replay attached]

Theov
MVP

Postby Theov » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:53 am

So I threw a ball deep with my backup/somewhat inaccurate QB and lo and behold it landed on the cross bar. DUNG!!! Ok... funny. It bounced back into the endzone.
It bounced back and... a defender caught it. No return. No downing of the ball. No interception notification.
I thought it was an incompletion and was surprised when on the next play... I was on defense.
Ok, so it was an interception. But the other team was now at second down.
They started their drive on second down.
Not only was it second down, it was second and -26. Yes. Second and minus 26... So they had to go backwards for a first down? No, Luck threw it 14 yards to make it a first and 10.
My QB was not credited with an interception in his stats, nor was the intercepting defender.

I have never seen that ever - nor could I repeat it in a million tries if I wanted.

Replay is attached.
Attachments
crossbar.rar
(545.05 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
No signature needed.

Sponsor

Sponsor

rambolz
All-Pro

Re: I threw a ball at the crossbar... [replay attached]

Postby rambolz » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:11 am

Wow! You can even hear the whistle when the ball hits the crossbar as if the play was whistled dead. I'm pretty sure you can try to do that again for a thousand times and not succeed :lol:

jacksonlbds
Pro Bowl

Postby jacksonlbds » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:27 pm

what a thing !!! With me something very strange happened, I kicked a field goal, the ball hit natrave and came back into the hands of my player and it was Touchdown, it will never happen again, hahahaha, too bad I was not filming.

JPK
Hall of Fame

Postby JPK » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:47 pm

Now that's funny! The weirdest thing that has happened to me is the one time I returned a missed field goal for a TD (thanks to calhoupe's scripts). I was credited with the touchdown (though I don't remember if it counted as a kick return or as a fumble return). But when it was time to kick the extra point, my team lined up REALLY far from the goal line, so much that my extra point attempt fell short.

Other unusual things that happen every couple thousand pass attempts by the opponent, is that the QB will actually throw backwards. Like fly in the air for like 30 yards and be declared a fumble.

LOBBS
All-Pro

Postby LOBBS » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:39 pm

JPK wrote:Now that's funny! The weirdest thing that has happened to me is the one time I returned a missed field goal for a TD (thanks to calhoupe's scripts). I was credited with the touchdown (though I don't remember if it counted as a kick return or as a fumble return). But when it was time to kick the extra point, my team lined up REALLY far from the goal line, so much that my extra point attempt fell short.

Other unusual things that happen every couple thousand pass attempts by the opponent, is that the QB will actually throw backwards. Like fly in the air for like 30 yards and be declared a fumble.

I've been sacked so hard that my QB's helmet flew off once..

Return to “General Discussion”