Rebuilding a franchise

Garvey14
Rookie

Rebuilding a franchise

Postby Garvey14 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:40 pm

Hi guys, all the way from South Africa and I just started playing madden 08 using some very impressive mods, and i appreciate every single one of you for the amazing gaming experience.

After starting and quitting many franchises, i realised that there aren't a lot, if any, teams below an 80 OVR. I would like to start a franchise with a team that could probably not win more than 4 games throughout a single season, just want a few bright sparks here and there. Tried the Seahawks but they're pretty decent, would like a pretty bad team. Could somebody give me a few teams I could use, or direct me to a thread that can make my franchise realistic in terms of difficulty for a "bad" team.

Rebuilding a franchise

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Rebuilding a franchise

Postby RevanFan » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:14 pm

Garvey14 wrote:Hi guys, all the way from South Africa and I just started playing madden 08 using some very impressive mods, and i appreciate every single one of you for the amazing gaming experience.

After starting and quitting many franchises, i realised that there aren't a lot, if any, teams below an 80 OVR. I would like to start a franchise with a team that could probably not win more than 4 games throughout a single season, just want a few bright sparks here and there. Tried the Seahawks but they're pretty decent, would like a pretty bad team. Could somebody give me a few teams I could use, or direct me to a thread that can make my franchise realistic in terms of difficulty for a "bad" team.

Well, you could just use the latest FF/FI Mod and go with whomever is the lowest rated team. Probably the Browns, haha. If you don't want to do that, you can always edit the roster of the worst team to lower their ratings down below 80.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Garvey14
Rookie

Postby Garvey14 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:39 am

No worries, thanks. I think the 08 formula for overall rating might be different from the latest games.

Found that when I finish one season of franchise, have guys like Rodgers, Von Miller, Antonio Brown, Ben Roethlisberger in free agency. I'm confused as I know Rodgers, Miller and Brown signed huge extentions within their respective organisations. Can anybody help with that?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:34 pm

Garvey14 wrote:No worries, thanks. I think the 08 formula for overall rating might be different from the latest games.

Found that when I finish one season of franchise, have guys like Rodgers, Von Miller, Antonio Brown, Ben Roethlisberger in free agency. I'm confused as I know Rodgers, Miller and Brown signed huge extentions within their respective organisations. Can anybody help with that?

Teams will often cut expensive players in the first offseason. I don't know how to stop it.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

GlennN
Rookie

Postby GlennN » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:55 pm

Though I'm late to the party, I also like to do the full rebuild. I will trade away whatever assets I have and replace them with kids to get the kids some experience (I never said "tanking" though it sure looks - and works - that way).

Return to “General Discussion”