Passes that I could literally have thrown better.

NaruTheBlackSwan
Veteran

Postby NaruTheBlackSwan » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:34 pm

I'm having a gameplay issue. The QB accuracy is set to 50, WR catching is 60. And my QB is Baker Mayfield, so not the most accurate, but he should be at least throwing in the vicinity of my players.

But he isn't. Most throws are decent and realistic. Obviously they aren't all dots, nor should they be. But about once in every three or four passes, he throws it so fucking far away from the target that I scratch my head. Not only will he heave a deep bomb meant for the middle 15-20 yards off target in one direction, it's always thrown directly to a defender. And I don't mean in a defender's vicinity. I mean it's as if he's throwing the most accurate ball he's ever thrown, but at that safety there instead of Jarvis Landry.

It's so bad I'm lead to believe it's a gameplay glitch. Either the game is confusing the defenders for receivers, or the game is not playing nice with my generic XBox controller.

If this is better placed in troubleshooting, feel free to locate. But this doesn't really have anything to do with setting up my game. It's all setup and working realistically for the most part. The only issue is my guy randomly throws dots to the wrong team like he's got their jersey under his Browns jersey.

Sponsor

Sponsor

cyclone2426
All-Pro

Re: Passes that I could literally have thrown better.

Postby cyclone2426 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:13 pm

What is your Pass Lead Sensitivity set to?

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:18 pm

You might want to watch the Pass Lead Sensitivity slider. I would recommend leaving it set at 5, which is the default. That seems to make accuracy better (At least on a key board) Keep in mind that throwing while moving makes your accuracy take a serious hit unless the QB's Accuracy is pretty high (Like Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers high). Don't totally push the stick in the direction you want the QB to lead the receiver, as that results in a) The QB starting to move, making his accuracy take a slight knock, and b) the QB leading the receiver too much. Those combined make accuracy take a dive. This will become less of a problem when accuracy starts to got 90+, which should be high enough to counter act most throw on the run. Also, generally speaking, lobs are more accurate than bullet passes. Lobs are also easier to catch, which goes both ways.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

NaruTheBlackSwan
Veteran

Postby NaruTheBlackSwan » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:33 pm

Typically the misses aren't from being lead too much but from throwing it as if the receiver were a stationary target. For example, if my receiver on the right runs a post, I'll throw when they cut in and miss 10-20 yards to the right. This is true whether I'm moving or stationary.

Return to “General Discussion”