Bullrushing DT Moves

Hamburglar
Rookie

Bullrushing DT Moves

Postby Hamburglar » Tue May 29, 2018 4:11 am

So usually I play Free Safety but I've taken a liking to playing on the defensive line. I've had moderate success and am really enjoying it but I've had trouble getting certain moves to work, namely rip vs. swim vs. spin.

In some control scenarios, Swim/Spin are the same buttons (5 and 6 on Logitech Dual Analog) and these seems to be true: You push those buttons and sometimes your dude swims, sometimes he spins. The rip move however was nowhere to be found... until I did. It's actually Right Stick UP. It's a very powerful move and gets me into the backfield almost straight away but there's one major down side - right after the snap, Right Stick UP is also assigned to "Pass Commit", so while I've busting my way through the line to tackle the ball carrier, the rest of my team is backing up to defend the pass.

I've tried my best but can't figure out a way to separate these 2 actions via control configs or otherwise. Has anyone been able to do it? D-Line play is heaps of fun once you get the hang of it but I feel this is really hurting my rush defense.

Thanks in advance!

Bullrushing DT Moves

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Bullrushing DT Moves

Postby RevanFan » Tue May 29, 2018 8:32 am

I think the only way is to wait 2 or 3 seconds before you do the move. I have that accidental commit happen to me all the time. I just deal with it.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Appwachira
Rookie

Postby Appwachira » Wed May 30, 2018 5:28 am

I never knew this before. I have read on this site. Very useful.

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Wed May 30, 2018 9:29 am

Appwachira wrote:I never knew this before. I have read on this site. Very useful.

I am beginning to doubt your sincerity :x spammer!
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

Hamburglar
Rookie

Postby Hamburglar » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:58 am

Appwachira wrote:I never knew this before. I have read on this site. Very useful.

(Spammer or not), yeah it was new to me too. I've been playing this game since it came out and still learning new stuff haha.

Since I figured this out, the DT I play has 20 sacks this season with 2 games to go. Line play is great fun!

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:34 am

I have always played one of the DL guys, all the way back to Madden 1997...especially the NT or the guy that is slanted inside the OT. I never knew about the Right stick up move. ...I will have to try it
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Theov
MVP

Postby Theov » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:38 am

BUS36 wrote:I have always played one of the DL guys, all the way back to Madden 1997...especially the NT or the guy that is slanted inside the OT. I never knew about the Right stick up move. ...I will have to try it

Try using a blitzing lb or even a blitzing db... Lots of fun.
No signature needed.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:54 pm

What I do is if I have a LB blitzing I take the DL closest and force a double team. If it is a slot CB I take the OLB on the same side and run him right at the OT. I usually get anywhere from 3-6 sacks in a game. I use the 3-4 defense
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Return to “General Discussion”