The new Kickoff Rule

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

The new Kickoff Rule

Postby jose21crisis » Tue May 22, 2018 9:07 pm

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/5/22/17369774/nfl-kickoff-rule-change-explained

IMO I think this is good. Less injuries on kickoffs. Kicks should be a tad easier to return. I still think replacing kickoff with an instant 4th and 15 would be better, but that still works. (Just realized onside kicks will be even more impossible with this rule though). Anyway, to point I want to make is this: How are we supposed to implement this on M08? The Kick formations are stored in the playbooks, all of them. Are we supposed to alter every single playbook for this? I don't think scripts can fix this one. Probably is not going to happen, just me wondering.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

The new Kickoff Rule

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: The new Kickoff Rule

Postby RevanFan » Wed May 23, 2018 12:50 am

jose21crisis wrote:https://www.sbnation.com/2018/5/22/17369774/nfl-kickoff-rule-change-explained

IMO I think this is good. Less injuries on kickoffs. Kicks should be a tad easier to return. I still think replacing kickoff with an instant 4th and 15 would be better, but that still works. (Just realized onside kicks will be even more impossible with this rule though). Anyway, to point I want to make is this: How are we supposed to implement this on M08? The Kick formations are stored in the playbooks, all of them. Are we supposed to alter every single playbook for this? I don't think scripts can fix this one. Probably is not going to happen, just me wondering.

Scripts can implement some of it. The formation-related stuff... we'll just have to live with it I think.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

calhoupe
All-Pro

Postby calhoupe » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:27 pm

Scripts can definitely take care of the formation/playbook stuff. Although now that we know that Madden 19 is coming to PC I don't know if there's going to be much interest in new scripts.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:29 pm

calhoupe wrote:Scripts can definitely take care of the formation/playbook stuff. Although now that we know that Madden 19 is coming to PC I don't know if there's going to be much interest in new scripts.

I'll always be interested. My franchise has been going for half a century in game time. I'm not quitting any time soon.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:45 pm

RevanFan wrote:
calhoupe wrote:Scripts can definitely take care of the formation/playbook stuff. Although now that we know that Madden 19 is coming to PC I don't know if there's going to be much interest in new scripts.

I'll always be interested. My franchise has been going for half a century in game time. I'm not quitting any time soon.

I'm pretty damn sure that there will always be interest in Madden 08. EA's history with the newer Maddens is ... bad ... to say the least. People are already complaining that the game will suck. Double that after EA showed a pre-rendered trailer. I can't play M19 because my PC is a potato, and Madden 08 is the most proven game there is anyway. I'll always be interested in new scripts.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Return to “General Discussion”