Nike jerseys

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Nike jerseys

Postby elguapo » Sat May 05, 2018 11:56 pm

I noticed that Nike has a bunch of jersey designs for college teams. Is Nike attempting to do the same for the NFL? At first I thought all those designs were a product of bad design makers but now I know that it is planned. The reason Nike will come up with different designs is because they want you to keep buying their merchandise.

Sneaky...

Nike jerseys

Sponsor

Sponsor

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Re: Nike jerseys

Postby 1312qohelet » Sun May 06, 2018 12:39 am

elguapo wrote:I noticed that Nike has a bunch of jersey designs for college teams. Is Nike attempting to do the same for the NFL? At first I thought all those designs were a product of bad design makers but now I know that it is planned. The reason Nike will come up with different designs is because they want you to keep buying their merchandise.

Sneaky...

Well, I'm sure Nike would absolutely LOVE to do that in the NFL, but with the NFL's strict uniform rules, they won't be able to anytime soon.

College Football uniforms are insane.
There are some teams that had a different uniform for nearly every game last season. You're right, it's all about sales.

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Sun May 06, 2018 12:51 am

1312qohelet wrote:
elguapo wrote:I noticed that Nike has a bunch of jersey designs for college teams. Is Nike attempting to do the same for the NFL? At first I thought all those designs were a product of bad design makers but now I know that it is planned. The reason Nike will come up with different designs is because they want you to keep buying their merchandise.

Sneaky...

Well, I'm sure Nike would absolutely LOVE to do that in the NFL, but with the NFL's strict uniform rules, they won't be able to anytime soon.

There are some teams that had a different uniform for nearly every game last season. You're right, it's all about sales.

College Football uniforms may be insane, but they’re insanely awesome. For example: Look at the Oregon Ducks 2013 Uniforms. And compare those to the Raiders uniforms. Sorry, may be off topic, but I just wanted to post that.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun May 06, 2018 3:21 am

sarcasticface wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:

Sneaky...

College Football uniforms may be insane, but they’re insanely awesome. For example: Look at the Oregon Ducks 2013 Uniforms. And compare those to the Raiders uniforms. Sorry, may be off topic, but I just wanted to post that.

The Raiders have some of the best uniforms in the NFL.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Sun May 06, 2018 4:34 am

RevanFan wrote:
sarcasticface wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:Well, I'm sure Nike would absolutely LOVE to do that in the NFL, but with the NFL's strict uniform rules, they won't be able to anytime soon.

Agreed. They are pretty cool, but they’re also pretty boring.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun May 06, 2018 4:39 am

sarcasticface wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
sarcasticface wrote:College Football uniforms may be insane, but they’re insanely awesome. For example: Look at the Oregon Ducks 2013 Uniforms. And compare those to the Raiders uniforms. Sorry, may be off topic, but I just wanted to post that.

Having a busy, "non-boring" uniform does not mean it's good. Example: Jaguars pre-2018, Buccaneers, Browns, etc.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun May 06, 2018 7:56 am

That was one of the reasons that college became a turn off because the team's classic uniforms we're no longer traditional and unrecognizable.

Nike is pulling an EA in a way that they give you shinny new uniforms every year but it's still the same players.

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Sun May 06, 2018 8:16 am

RevanFan wrote:
sarcasticface wrote:
RevanFan wrote:The Raiders have some of the best uniforms in the NFL.

Having a busy, "non-boring" uniform does not mean it's good. Example: Jaguars pre-2018, Buccaneers, Browns, etc.

Exactly, and that’s why I think the Jags new 2018 set will become increasingly popular and will hopefully remain as their uniform for a long time to come.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sun May 06, 2018 2:24 pm

I think Nike's uniforms have been mostly hit and miss, some teams really look good with new interpretations, others just look horrible.....

I think some of the fan's concept uniforms are way better than Nike's designs and should be considered for implementation in the NFL...again there are uniform rules but some of the concept art you see on instagram and twitter by fans designing radically cool uniforms and helmets would put the ho hum nike design teams to shame....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Sun May 06, 2018 3:41 pm

RevanFan wrote:
sarcasticface wrote:
RevanFan wrote:The Raiders have some of the best uniforms in the NFL.

Wait a minute, the Bucs? The Bucs current uniforms are cool.

Return to “General Discussion”