Camera too close to QB in SS mode

HughJazzes
Rookie

Postby HughJazzes » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:13 am

Hi guys,

I got lucky and managed to get a physical copy of Madden 08 PC for 10 bucks, so I decided to install and mod the game. I did mostly everything the FAQ tells you to (except for the Calhoune stuff or whatever, game kept crashing) and I started Superstar mode as a QB to learn the game. I'm doing the pre-draft precision pass drills atm and they're infuriating. I can't see 2/3 wide receivers. Pre-snap, I can press R2 and move the left stick to look at them and their routes, but after the snap, the game doesn't zoom out enough so I can't see the wide receivers at the very right and left at all. The drill requires relatively precise timing because you need to throw the ball through hoops, but it's impossible to do so without knowing where the wide receivers are. I tried changing the camera settings (I think I tried long and wide screen), but they don't seem to do much. I wouldn't want to play the game like that anyway. Throwing to someone off-screen isn't fun.

Can you help me? Is this a thing that only happens in that particular drill or is that what the game is like? I played some Madden 06 and 17, it definitely wasn't like that in those games.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Theov
MVP

Re: Camera too close to QB in SS mode

Postby Theov » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:44 am

I went in and took a look.
You can actually make a 99 SPD/ACC/THP/THA/BTK and 00 AWR QB.

Ontopic...
You got to 'look' at your receiver before the snap - or after - using (keyboard) G+Receiver button.
I think it's a trigger on the pad.

So before the snap, I use G+S to 'look' at the receiver, then lead the passes to wherever they need to go. Takes some practice, but it's doable.
No signature needed.

achernar
Hall of Fame

Re: Camera too close to QB in SS mode

Postby achernar » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:14 pm

Search for the SuperStarUtility here in the forum...

you could disable the camera

Return to “General Discussion”