Custom packages

Theov
MVP

Custom packages

Postby Theov » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:47 pm

Which custom packages do you use/did you make?

Offense:
1) BIG.
WR1=TE3, WR2=TE1, WR3=TE2, TE1=RT2, TE2=LT2, FB1=FB2, QB1=QB2.
Big means i am going to run so everyone is subbed for a blocker. The wrs for tes and tes for the backup tackles. The best backup linemen are always moved to tackle on my team.
It also means i have a good value for good blocking TEs. My blocking TE is #3 on the depthbso he comes in at wr. My backup qb does the handoff so qb1 can rest on running plays. My 2nd fb is a better blocker than my first fb so he comes in to block. My first FB is actually a converted TE.
On the other hand this also means I dont care about the blocking part of my wrs and first fullback.

2) QB2. QB1=QB2. This brings in the second QB to rest the starter.

3) Backups. This subs everyone for the second stringers to rest the starters or to give the backups experience.

Defense:
1) Turbo. DT1=LE1, DT2=RE1, RE1=ROLB2, LE1=LOLB2.
This subs the DTs for ends and Ends for OLBs.

2) Backups. This brings in the second stringers.
No signature needed.

Custom packages

Sponsor

Sponsor

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Re: Custom packages

Postby jose21crisis » Fri May 04, 2018 4:08 pm

My personal packages on Offense:
  • FB2. FB1=FB2. It subs in my second fullback, who is faster and a better receiver than my FB#1, which makes the I formation more useful in 2nd and long, as well as toss sweeps.
  • H-Back. FB1=TE3. Puts my third Tight End t to serve as a H-Back. When I bring him on the field, it means I'm passing the ball out of the I. It has been pretty useful and it gives my third TE some snaps.
  • Heavy Steel: TE1=LT2. My backup left tackle happens to have decent hands and be a good blocker, so I tend to put him in when I come out in a Jumbo set (3 TEs).
  • Jumbo 2: HB1=FB2. For use in the I formation and Split sets. Puts my second fullback (the guy that's faster and better receiver) to power behind my main fullback or stay in the backfield to protect the QB.
  • 11 Personnel: WR1=HB1, WR4=WR1, WR5=TE1. Does any team run a true 5WR empty set? No that I know. Most put a TE in the slot or wide, or a HB Wide or in the slot. Or both. Here, running an Empty backfield set, I put my HB out wide, my TE in the slot, and my top receiver in the middle of the trips set.
On Defense:
  • 3-4 Line: LE1=LOLB1, RE1=ROLB1, DT1=LE1, DT2=RE1. Since I run a 3-4 defense, I need to keep my Edge rushers and best Interior Linemen in the line. And a 3-4 team that puts 2 DTs on the line doesn't happen.

There are a whole bunch of packages I would like to create on defense, like being able to put my 2nd Strong Safety as MLB#2 in passing downs to have a 3-3-5 Nickel out of a 3-4 set, but Madden won't let me do that.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Ryosuke12367
Rookie

Postby Ryosuke12367 » Thu May 10, 2018 6:32 am

Custom packages. How can I do?

Theov
MVP

Postby Theov » Fri May 11, 2018 12:28 pm

1 so why don't you make your second fb and 3rd TE the same guy and save a roster spot?

I like your 'Turbo' defense. I puts all the pass rushers on the field. I will do that. Great idea.
No signature needed.

Return to “General Discussion”