Install seems GREAT, but immediately got confused

screng
Rookie

Postby screng » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:10 am

Here is how i installed, after getting really lucky ( i think?) and getting a shrinkwrapped brand new maddon 08 pc copy off ebay.

step 1 - install game
step 2 - patch using the link in the newcomers FAQ. i used patch not patch_ead since i have a physical dvd, worked great.

issue #1 - when i launched it, the screen was black. i got weird beeps. alt-tabbing, i found a screen saying that my 3D device was in use and so madden couldnt run. i just hit OK... and madden ran fine ha! it happened a 2nd time yesterday but after a reboot it hasnt happened again. but was easy fix anyways.

step 3 - this was a little unclear to me but i figured it out. I launched game. my notes said to go to file in bottom right, but that didnt seem right. i went to left side menu, and created a team. THEN i went to bottom left files, and gave roster a name, and saved it. this created the folder structure but i my notes you didnt create a team first, which i ended up having to do.

step 4 - I installed Core Files, Gameplay, Primary Graphics, Secondary Graphics, into the DOCUMENTS folder. luckily the new FAQ warned me one would go into the actual game folder, and that was Program Files (all of these are .7z archives) and so i didnt goof it up. who knew reading instructions worked!

Step 5 - i had written down to install Mad Mod X, but i got nervous, and also couldnt recall WHY i wanted this, i skipped it.

Step "6" - I placed the awesome 2017 roster 2017JINX into both the main Docs, and also roster sub folder, bc i had forgotten to write in my notes where to put it.

Anyways it was easy to load in game from files menu, and WOw the game looks great!!! this is amazing!

However, I suddenly realized i have no idea what the controls are. Id like to use my xbox controller but having never played a madden before, i dont know what the controls are.

also, a loading screen said to hit G to target a specific receiver and UP UP to do other defensive audibles, and i couldnt get either to respond.

in short i seem to have installed it correctly, but just dont know how to play madden.

can anyone help a total newb get started calling plays and defenses etc?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “General Discussion”