The Fade route. Is it possible to complete?

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Re: The Fade route. Is it possible to complete?

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:15 am

jose21crisis wrote:
trey31 wrote:
jose21crisis wrote:
Rip at that idea, the Shadings don't seem to do anything with press coverage. Right now I decided to work on FG Returns using Calhoupe's scripts. The formations available aren't as efficient as they could be for this objective. Punt Block Return does not work effectively, Punt Return Middle neither does. The one I've got to work the best was FG Block and moving the top most player to the place of the kick. Problem is that he isn't the designated kick returner which means he doesn't have as much speed and is very likely to muff the kick. My plan was to replace FG Safe Man (I never use FG Safe anyway, the AI doesn't do Fake FGs except Fake FG Punt), do a FG Block Return, which is similar only that the Kick returner is on the field and at the place of the kick. Any idea on how to edit the Special Teams formations or those are hardcoded in the game?

I read something a long, long time ago about them. I think they can be imported from one book into an empty book, saved, and edited that way. I believe the issue is they all use the same formation # value but they aren't the same formation. IIRC it was a post about getting a direct HB snap into the game.

I hope that sign means "I'm retired from modding" and not "I'm retired from Madden". Well, I managed to make Kick returns and Field Goal returns more achievable. For Kickoffs, the first line of blockers is the backup O-Line, if I can get past the second line of blockers, it is possible to take it to the house, of course, is still hard AF. As for the FG return, I just used Punt Block and went to practice mode. Tried a lot of time, returned 2. The trick is just spinning a lot and getting lucky.

And found out a way to make the "Tackling" rating matter, using calhoupe's scripts and activating CPU Extreme HitStick. Punters and Kickers Sticking people is ... not good ... to say the least.

kick returns are hard but field goal returns aren't actually too bad....the key is to not tackle the holder but to throw your arms up (hit E button to swat) and swat the ball down after it's been kicked.....then take your fastest DB (the one I recommend you should sub in is on the furthest right part of the LOS) and pick up the ball and run....also I did this with my LB with 82 speed he almost got caught but the key is to run diagonally in the game ( for some reason I guess agility rating ) you can usually prevent getting caught from behind....plus when you run diagonally it hinders the faster defenders from going around your slow players so it acts sort of like a screen play in basketball lol...by shielding you from the opposing team's fastest players....for a chase down tackle...

I'll see if I can find a replay and post it here :) but I've done the fieldgoal return a couple times now 4-5 and yes it is rare but if you get the timing down right along with the punt block play it is an easy way to get a score on defense....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Sponsor

Sponsor

lionfan1986
Rookie

Postby lionfan1986 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:32 pm

I've never really had a problem with the fade route. Part of that is I usually play with the Lions and I have Megatron on my team for the first 12-14 years of my franchise. And no matter how slow he gets due to age regression, his 6'5" frame is still a weapon on those routes and his jumping doesn't really decrease that much. However, even when he retires, I generally draft a big WR to replace him that has a good jump rating. As long as the WR is 6'4" or bigger with a 90+ jmp rating and a decent catch rating and awr rating (90+) then the fade route becomes almost guaranteed unless he's matched up on a CB that's huge or bracketed with a safety and CB covering him high-low.

At the snap, I watch the CB. If the defender plays off, I immediately press up and in on the d-pad and throw a bullet. The WR will catch the ball 9 times out of 10. If the CB presses or plays zone at the LOS like in Cover 2, I wait a second or two for the WR to clear the defender and then press up on the d-pad and rifle the pass in there. If the WR is blanketed by two or more defenders in the area, I'll look for another target, like the TE, FB, HB, or WR2, or tuck the ball and run. Sometimes though, if I'm at the goal-line, I'll take the snap and immediately throw a high bullet regardless of coverage. The reason for this is, with a receiver that big even if the CB is at the goal-line, he's gonna out-jump the defender for the ball. The only problem with that is he usually gets tackled within a few yards of making the catch, so it's usually a good idea to save that for within 2 or 3 yards of the goal-line.

But yeah, throwing a fade route to a WR that's less than 6'4" and less than 90 jump is going to lead to more and more mixed results the smaller he is and the lower the jump ability.

Theov
MVP

Postby Theov » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:00 am

ultimatum77 wrote:
jose21crisis wrote:
trey31 wrote:I read something a long, long time ago about them. I think they can be imported from one book into an empty book, saved, and edited that way. I believe the issue is they all use the same formation # value but they aren't the same formation. IIRC it was a post about getting a direct HB snap into the game.

I hope that sign means "I'm retired from modding" and not "I'm retired from Madden". Well, I managed to make Kick returns and Field Goal returns more achievable. For Kickoffs, the first line of blockers is the backup O-Line, if I can get past the second line of blockers, it is possible to take it to the house, of course, is still hard AF. As for the FG return, I just used Punt Block and went to practice mode. Tried a lot of time, returned 2. The trick is just spinning a lot and getting lucky.

And found out a way to make the "Tackling" rating matter, using calhoupe's scripts and activating CPU Extreme HitStick. Punters and Kickers Sticking people is ... not good ... to say the least.

kick returns are hard but field goal returns aren't actually too bad....the key is to not tackle the holder but to throw your arms up (hit E button to swat) and swat the ball down after it's been kicked.....then take your fastest DB (the one I recommend you should sub in is on the furthest right part of the LOS) and pick up the ball and run....also I did this with my LB with 82 speed he almost got caught but the key is to run diagonally in the game ( for some reason I guess agility rating ) you can usually prevent getting caught from behind....plus when you run diagonally it hinders the faster defenders from going around your slow players so it acts sort of like a screen play in basketball lol...by shielding you from the opposing team's fastest players....for a chase down tackle...

I'll see if I can find a replay and post it here :) but I've done the fieldgoal return a couple times now 4-5 and yes it is rare but if you get the timing down right along with the punt block play it is an easy way to get a score on defense....

I sub my fastest CB to the most left (on screen) of the block field goal formation and then pre-snap manually move him to the furthest right.
At the snap I aim in front of the kick, block it, many times get a good bounce and return it for TD. I've actually ran passed the kicker and he made the kick anyway :)
I almost do it once a game, it's not that hard after some practice.
No signature needed.

Return to “General Discussion”