Madden Instructional Series

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden Instructional Series

Postby madden07eurocat » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:11 pm

jose21crisis wrote:I'll update this one post with updates as I see the video. The Rookie Ratings Adjustment is not necessary if you import a Draft Class. You might screw up that draft class (Imagine having a slow DeJax).

Lol, the Steelers released AB? Stupid Madden AI. Anyway, I think you can just sim the entire draft IF you set all Teams to be user controlled. I've done that before, had no problems.

My tip for the MaddenAMP Draft, make every player at your position of needs have 5 hours. So, if I needed a WR and a MLB, I would give every MLB and WR 5 scouting hours in both periods. That completely gives you the full information without fail. Not assinging the full 10 hours to a player may make his data be off by a bit. I've gotten some Draft Steals with that method. I got a great MLB and a WR that switched from 5th round picks to 2nd round and 3rd round picks respectively in "Our Projections" and they were pretty good.

Could you post like a format of the roster spreadsheet you have?

Also, CMP66's adjustments are not completely necessary, specially if you are doing CPU vs. CPU games, but they are important for lowering Rushing Yards to realistic levels. There are other ways to do this though, but it is harder.

1. This is not meant for those that import a custom draft class. They should be used as is. This is only for the Madden generated draft class.
2. I never tried just simming after setting teams to be user controlled, but it sound logical.
3. The hours that I suggested are just that, suggestions. If you find a different way works better for you than go for it.
5. Someone may have a better explanation of what these adjustments to for the HC's than me. I only do it because it is in the guide that way.

All insights are welcome.

EDIT: Here is the roster spreadsheet that I use. In case your curious, column C is the way that I keep track of what game each player was in during the preseason.
2017 49er Regular Season roster.xlsx
(98.13 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

Sponsor

Sponsor

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:47 am

madden07eurocat wrote:1. This is not meant for those that import a custom draft class. They should be used as is. This is only for the Madden generated draft class.
2. I never tried just simming after setting teams to be user controlled, but it sound logical.
3. The hours that I suggested are just that, suggestions. If you find a different way works better for you than go for it.
5. Someone may have a better explanation of what these adjustments to for the HC's than me. I only do it because it is in the guide that way.

For 1 and 3, got it. Was just giving my suggestions.

2. I did it the way NZA's guide says. Get control of all teams using his editor, get into the draft and sim the draft.
5. I do know what those adjustments do:
Offensive Pass/Run%: Naturally, the ratio between pass attempts vs. run attempts. This is not a perfect split however.
Offensive Aggression: Lower aggression means more deep passing and big plays. Higher Aggression means more clock control and dink and dunk passing. More Run% and Low aggression means a "Establish Run" philosophy, the team will use the run to setup the pass. More Pass% and Low aggression means "Vertical Offense" philosophy, which means they will go deep every now and then to force you to keep more people back deep. More Run% and High aggression means "Ball Control", they will pass to force you to go back in coverage, then hit you with the run. More Pass% and Higher Aggression means "West Coast" philosophy, quick passes, dink and dunk, stuff like that.
Defensive Pass/Run%: 51% or higher means that the coach will use 1DT formations like Nickel 3-3-5 or Dime 3-2-6 (Which can be called Dollar) and tend to get more interceptions. 50% or lower means that the coach will use 2DT formations like Nickel Normal, 2-4-5 or Dime Normal and tend to get more INTs.
Defensive Aggression: Lower Aggression means more coverage and less blitzing, maybe more zone coverage. Higher aggression means more blitzing and maybe more man coverage.

That's what a little research through the forum's came up with.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:51 am

jose21crisis wrote:
madden07eurocat wrote:1. This is not meant for those that import a custom draft class. They should be used as is. This is only for the Madden generated draft class.

For 1 and 3, got it. Was just giving my suggestions.

2. I did it the way NZA's guide says. Get control of all teams using his editor, get into the draft and sim the draft.
5. I do know what those adjustments do:
Offensive Pass/Run%: Naturally, the ratio between pass attempts vs. run attempts. This is not a perfect split however.
Offensive Aggression: Lower aggression means more deep passing and big plays. Higher Aggression means more clock control and dink and dunk passing. More Run% and Low aggression means a "Establish Run" philosophy, the team will use the run to setup the pass. More Pass% and Low aggression means "Vertical Offense" philosophy, which means they will go deep every now and then to force you to keep more people back deep. More Run% and High aggression means "Ball Control", they will pass to force you to go back in coverage, then hit you with the run. More Pass% and Higher Aggression means "West Coast" philosophy, quick passes, dink and dunk, stuff like that.
Defensive Pass/Run%: 51% or higher means that the coach will use 1DT formations like Nickel 3-3-5 or Dime 3-2-6 (Which can be called Dollar) and tend to get more interceptions. 50% or lower means that the coach will use 2DT formations like Nickel Normal, 2-4-5 or Dime Normal and tend to get more INTs.
Defensive Aggression: Lower Aggression means more coverage and less blitzing, maybe more zone coverage. Higher aggression means more blitzing and maybe more man coverage.

That's what a little research through the forum's came up with.

I just did #2 by controlling the teams in NZA and simming the draft, then went through MA draft and after recalculating the OVR in NZA I had probably the best draft ever. Sad to say I wasn't even trying. Just taking what came next and not based on needs. Of the 9 total picks, 1 and 2 were in the 80's, the rest in the 70's except for one that was a 68 and that was pick 5.
Thanks for the info!!

SeahawksBBC
Pro Bowl

Postby SeahawksBBC » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:47 pm

jose21crisis wrote:My tip for the MaddenAMP Draft, make every player at your position of needs have 5 hours. So, if I needed a WR and a MLB, I would give every MLB and WR 5 scouting hours in both periods. That completely gives you the full information without fail. Not assinging the full 10 hours to a player may make his data be off by a bit. I've gotten some Draft Steals with that method. I got a great MLB and a WR that switched from 5th round picks to 2nd round and 3rd round picks respectively in "Our Projections" and they were pretty good.

What does that buy you? does MaddenAmp adjust the stats or something?

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:58 pm

SeahawksBBC wrote:
jose21crisis wrote:My tip for the MaddenAMP Draft, make every player at your position of needs have 5 hours. So, if I needed a WR and a MLB, I would give every MLB and WR 5 scouting hours in both periods. That completely gives you the full information without fail. Not assinging the full 10 hours to a player may make his data be off by a bit. I've gotten some Draft Steals with that method. I got a great MLB and a WR that switched from 5th round picks to 2nd round and 3rd round picks respectively in "Our Projections" and they were pretty good.

What does that buy you? does MaddenAmp adjust the stats or something?

MaddenAMP has it's Source Code (well, v3.5 source code) in a SourceForge page. I decided to take a look at it. On the Rookie Reports, MaddenAMP deliberately adds random increases or decreases on the skills that you see on a player, with the intention of being inaccurate, since realistically speaking the NFL Combine is not exactly accurate. So for example, if you are drafting a WR and his Hands skills is really a C, MaddenAMP might increase or decrease that stat by a few points, making change to, say B+ (Which means the player would be overrated) or D (The players is underrated). Only when you start allocating scouting hours to a player, you can see his true skill, instead of an inaccurate skill report that makes you get a highly rated WR that ends up having 60s in his catching, you can pass on him and look for another WR that has better catching. It also works the other way, you can scout a low rated WR (or any player, I'm using WR as an example) and by the end of the scouting period, that 6th round pick WR with C in hands at the start of the scouting period just happens to be a 3rd round pick and when you sign him he happens to have 80 Catching.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:22 pm

Based on that I may definitely have to change my scouting tactics.

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:19 pm

Welcome to the Madden 08 PC Instructional Series. Episode 5 involves Installing a Custom Draft Class in Madden PC 08. It would seem that some are confused a little on how to do this. This is much shorter than the last video that I made and I hope you all enjoy. As always leave your comments!

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:29 pm

Great job as always on this one
Semper fi

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:56 am

Welcome to the Madden 08 PC Instructional Series. Episode 6 involves Installing a Custom Uniform Pack in Madden PC 08. It would seem that some are confused a little on how to do this. Remember, this is a tutorial on how to install the packs in the game and not how to make a uniform. As always leave your comments!

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:04 am

Welcome back to the Madden 08 PC Instructional Series. Episode 7 involves Recording Game Play Settings for OBS. Some have been wondering what I use for recording my games and here is the skinny! I hope this helps and as always leave your comments!

Return to “General Discussion”