Madden Instructional Series

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:02 pm

I've had requests from a number of users now to start a video instructional series and since I now have my feet wet with the recording video thing and all, I thought it might be time to start.
Here is the first Episode in the series. A pretty simple one, but I'm willing to do whatever as long as I know how it's done. I don't know if I'm going to delve deeply into Modding or not, because my skills are pretty rudimentary when it comes to that, but I'm willing to try.
If someone could share with me how to update an opening post so the link will take users to the particular post where the video is held, it would be much appreciated. Thanks and I hope this will help some users.
Episode 1 - Installing a Roster in Madden 08 PC
Episode 2 - Installing/Using Calhoupe's Madden Scripts with TexMod &
Madden 08 PC

Episode 3 - Installing the FF/FI Mod in Madden 08 PC
Episode 4 - Off-Season Guide with Madden Amp Draft and 90-man Roster
Episode 5 - Installing a Custom Draft Class
Episode 6 - Installing a Custom Uniform Pack
Episode 7 - Recording Game Play Settings for OBS
Episode 8 - Converting a Franchise to a Roster
Installing a Roster in Madden 08 PC:
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Madden Instructional Series

Postby RevanFan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:26 pm

If you look at your post, look at where it says, "by madden07eurocat » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:02 pm". Immediately to the left of that is a small icon of a page. Clicking that will take you directly to that post. You can then use that link and edit your OP to have the link.

Try this post for example. Click the page icon directly to the left of "by RevanFan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:26 pm" and test the link. Or try on any post on this site.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:56 am

Great stuff. Keep it up madden07eurocat!

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:18 am

Thanks for doing this Husker!

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:28 pm

Thanks for the encouragement guys!

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:10 am

Episode 2 deals with the installation and use of Calhoupe's Madden scripts. Obviously making the game more realistic, this is a must have to bring the game up to date. Hope you all enjoy and as always leave your comments!
Installing/Using Calhoupe's Madden Scripts with TexMod & Madden 08 PC:

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:29 pm

Welcome to the Madden 08 PC Instructional Series. Episode 3 involves installing the FF/FI Mod in Madden 08 PC. This Mod is a must have if you are going to play the game in this decade. Stadiums, roster, uniforms and more updated to 2017 season standards. Hope you all enjoy and as always leave your comments!

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:58 pm

Welcome to the Madden 08 PC Instructional Series. Episode 4 involves a complete off-season with Madden Amp Drafting and a 90-man Roster. Sorry this video has taken a while and is rather long, but there was so much information to pack in this one. This is based off Revanfan's franchise guide and includes directions on how to put undrafted rookies on your team. Hope you all enjoy and as always leave your comments!

Off-Season Guide with Madden Amp Draft and 90-man Roster:

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:04 pm

madden07eurocat wrote:Welcome to the Madden 08 PC Instructional Series. Episode 4 involves a complete off-season with Madden Amp Drafting and a 90-man Roster. Sorry this video has taken a while and is rather long, but there was so much information to pack in this one. This is based off Revanfan's franchise guide and includes directions on how to put undrafted rookies on your team. Hope you all enjoy and as always leave your comments!

Off-Season Guide with Madden Amp Draft and 90-man Roster:

A 90 man roster? Husker, this is what I needed to look for. For my franchise I was considering using the 90 man roster, now that is going to be possible. Although, how do you deal with cap space? (I have not watched the video as of this writing)

EDIT: I see, turn off Salary Cap and Cap Penalty ... uhh ... that could be a problem, as I wanted to have salary cap through the season and using a Contract Calculator that can be found on this very section to get some correct contracts.

EDIT 2: I keep seeing. Just turn them off until the end of preseason and when I'm below salary cap, got it.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:17 pm

I'll update this one post with updates as I see the video. The Rookie Ratings Adjustment is not necessary if you import a Draft Class. You might screw up that draft class (Imagine having a slow DeJax).

Lol, the Steelers released AB? Stupid Madden AI. Anyway, I think you can just sim the entire draft IF you set all Teams to be user controlled. I've done that before, had no problems.

My tip for the MaddenAMP Draft, make every player at your position of needs have 5 hours. So, if I needed a WR and a MLB, I would give every MLB and WR 5 scouting hours in both periods. That completely gives you the full information without fail. Not assinging the full 10 hours to a player may make his data be off by a bit. I've gotten some Draft Steals with that method. I got a great MLB and a WR that switched from 5th round picks to 2nd round and 3rd round picks respectively in "Our Projections" and they were pretty good.

Could you post like a format of the roster spreadsheet you have?

Also, CMP66's adjustments are not completely necessary, specially if you are doing CPU vs. CPU games, but they are important for lowering Rushing Yards to realistic levels. There are other ways to do this though, but it is harder.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Return to “General Discussion”