Finishing Season without Player Changes

LordNugget
Rookie

Postby LordNugget » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:32 am

Hey guys, i want to play Franchise without my Players getting older and without new Draft Players.
My goal is to play more then one season with the 2017 Rosters, does somebody know how to achieve that?

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Finishing Season without Player Changes

Postby RevanFan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:45 am

LordNugget wrote:Hey guys, i want to play Franchise without my Players getting older and without new Draft Players.
My goal is to play more then one season with the 2017 Rosters, does somebody know how to achieve that?

Before the season ends, you can globally edit each player in NZA 1.3 to reduce each player's age and years pro by 1. As for not having a draft, it's impossible to have a working franchise without a draft. You could, in theory, delete every rookie after the draft, but that would require a ridiculous amount of editing.

The safest way to stay in the 2017 season is to simply start a new franchise, again using the 2017 season.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

LordNugget
Rookie

Postby LordNugget » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:50 pm

Okay thank you. My idea was to start a season with a shitty franchise and improve myself and the roster from season to season.
So i can climb my way to the top. But i guess this won't work as easy as i thought. :roll:

RevanFan wrote:
LordNugget wrote:Hey guys, i want to play Franchise without my Players getting older and without new Draft Players.

Before the season ends, you can globally edit each player in NZA 1.3 to reduce each player's age and years pro by 1. As for not having a draft, it's impossible to have a working franchise without a draft. You could, in theory, delete every rookie after the draft, but that would require a ridiculous amount of editing.

The safest way to stay in the 2017 season is to simply start a new franchise, again using the 2017 season.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:03 pm

LordNugget wrote:Okay thank you. My idea was to start a season with a shitty franchise and improve myself and the roster from season to season.
So i can climb my way to the top. But i guess this won't work as easy as i thought. :roll:

Well, if you want to do that, why not just do a normal franchise with drafting and roster building and the like?
My Cowboys Journal

LordNugget
Rookie

Postby LordNugget » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:01 pm

I did, but after my first Season Brady retired and my falclons Team was completely different :shock:
The main goal is off course to beat the Goat with a bad team like the browns.

And the teams should still feel like it are the real teams.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:19 pm

LordNugget wrote:I did, but after my first Season Brady retired and my falclons Team was completely different :shock:
The main goal is off course to beat the Goat with a bad team like the browns.

And the teams should still feel like it are the real teams.

I did think of one other thing. I can't believe I didn't think of this before. It would still be a lot of work, but it would be easier than my other idea. Once you finish the season, you could convert your franchise into a roster and start a new franchise using the adjusted roster. It's still not perfect, but it would work.
My Cowboys Journal

LordNugget
Rookie

Postby LordNugget » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:50 pm

Okay nice. What options should i use for the Franchise season?

Do the Preseason Games have any impact? Can i get good players from other teams?
I am from Europe and used to fifa, where Player-Transfers are different.

I made the training camp even though i am pretty bad at that (except field goals).
Are there any tutorials how the gamemodes work? There are short explanations ingame but the gamepad descriptions are pretty messy.

And in the games how can i make Plays on the defense side? Only thing i do is trying to sack the QB.

Another problem is: On second highest difficulty I win the superbowl every season with the falcons (my favourite team), that is boring. If i take a bad team like 49ers there are only interceptions and dropped balls. And when i go to highest difficulty i get completely destroyed.

Any Idea how i could balance my game?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:03 pm

LordNugget wrote:Okay nice. What options should i use for the Franchise season?

Do the Preseason Games have any impact? Can i get good players from other teams?
I am from Europe and used to fifa, where Player-Transfers are different.

I made the training camp even though i am pretty bad at that (except field goals).
Are there any tutorials how the gamemodes work? There are short explanations ingame but the gamepad descriptions are pretty messy.

And in the games how can i make Plays on the defense side? Only thing i do is trying to sack the QB.

Another problem is: On second highest difficulty I win the superbowl every season with the falcons (my favourite team), that is boring. If i take a bad team like 49ers there are only interceptions and dropped balls. And when i go to highest difficulty i get completely destroyed.

Any Idea how i could balance my game?

Well... Madden doesn't have transactions programmed realistically. For example, players on IR (injured reserve) are not supposed to count against the roster, but in Madden, they do.

The preseason games do have some impact, but that's only because there is a progression point for players to get better or worse after it. It doesn't have nearly the impact it would in real life.

You can get players from other teams through trades, if you like. You should probably just start a dummy franchise and experiment. See what you can do.

There's not really any tutorials about different game modes, but ask about a specific one and I'll answer where I can.

I have no experience playing with a controller, so I an't tell you how to make that better. As for balancing the game, it's all about practice and finding the right balance for you. Keep adjusting difficulty level and sliders until you find something that feels good for you.
My Cowboys Journal

LordNugget
Rookie

Postby LordNugget » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:38 pm

Okay thanks for your help, here are some more questions :D

1. Would you recommend to use mouse and keyboard?
2. What about the defense? For me it feels like it is all about the Playcall and the real game takes place in the offense and special teams.
3. What does the Option Allow Relocation in the franchise mode mean? Is it about a franchise moving to another city?
4. What are attendance and money in the franchise mode good for?
5. Can i update Rosters ingame or do i need to edit specific files?
6. What are your favourites gamemodes?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:02 pm

LordNugget wrote:Okay thanks for your help, here are some more questions :D

1. Would you recommend to use mouse and keyboard?
2. What about the defense? For me it feels like it is all about the Playcall and the real game takes place in the offense and special teams.
3. What does the Option Allow Relocation in the franchise mode mean? Is it about a franchise moving to another city?
4. What are attendance and money in the franchise mode good for?
5. Can i update Rosters ingame or do i need to edit specific files?
6. What are your favourites gamemodes?

1. I always use it. It's down to individual preference. Try them all out and see which you like better, but I always use just keyboard.
2. Defense is much harder to get used to playing that offense. You can make a difference with your playing ability, but it's most noticeable early on as a pass rusher. I suggest just practicing and finding which position you like to play best.
3. That determines whether or not teams can move to a new city. I don't recommend having that on in a long term franchise, as the AI teams might move to other cities and lose their identity.
4. If you lose too much money, you'll lose your team after three seasons. Attendance just impacts how much money you make.
5. Could you be more specific about this question?
6. Franchise, easily. My franchise, which you can actually find in the franchise journal section of the forum, has been running for 50 seasons. I also like to play exhibition games with my historic Dallas Cowboys teams, but I almost exclusively play franchise. I have a superstar file as well, but I don't play it often.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “General Discussion”