Any-dimensions MMAP file

peterparker
Banned

Any-dimensions MMAP file

Postby peterparker » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:28 pm

Is there this anywhere? Could you edit this in HxD? If we could do this, we could put TrueTurf in the FF Mod, instead of UnTrueTurf. Custom-sized endzones (aka pick6’s recommended size “1440x264”)(his goalpost size 512x404). You get what I mean. And is there a way to make a double goalpost like LSU’s stadium (aka Tiger Stadium)?

Any-dimensions MMAP file

Sponsor

Sponsor

trey31
Hall of Fame

Re: Any-dimensions MMAP file

Postby trey31 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:16 pm

peterparker wrote:Is there this anywhere? Could you edit this in HxD? If we could do this, we could put TrueTurf in the FF Mod, instead of UnTrueTurf. Custom-sized endzones (aka pick6’s recommended size “1440x264”)(his goalpost size 512x404). You get what I mean.

First, there are .dds limitations in D3DX8 and D3DX9. I can't provide a quote offhand, but Google will probably help you find out the max size. I believe the limit applies specifically to 3D textures, not necessarily as an image size limitation.

Specifically, I read something ages ago in regards to modding a game that I don't recall at the moment. The question was essentially "why does modding extreme hires textures cause "X" game to crash with or without GeDoSaTo, yet the same game could render at insane screen resolutions with lowres textures using G3DoSaTo (like 30,720x17,280) without crashing?"

The answer was the .dds resolution limitation (I believe) in D3D engines (X8/X9, IIRC), which is completely unrelated to rendering a screen resolution size.

Second, 1024x1024 arm textures didn't cause crashing in the alpha version of HD Arms. After upping the resolution of all the other arm-related equipment textures to 1024x1024 it caused crashes without fail. Scaling everything to 512x512 solved the bug. I don't know about other .dat files, but PLADATA.dat has texture limitations.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

peterparker
Banned

Postby peterparker » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:23 pm

trey31 wrote:
peterparker wrote:Is there this anywhere? Could you edit this in HxD? If we could do this, we could put TrueTurf in the FF Mod, instead of UnTrueTurf. Custom-sized endzones (aka pick6’s recommended size “1440x264”)(his goalpost size 512x404). You get what I mean.

Second, 1024x1024 arm textures didn't cause crashing in the alpha version of HD Arms. After upping the resolution of all the other arm-related equipment textures to 1024x1024 it caused crashes without fail. Scaling everything to 512x512 solved the bug. I don't know about other .dat files, but PLADATA.dat has texture limitations.

I'm not talking about PLADATA.dat, I'm talking about FIELDART.dat.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:28 pm

You can import any sized texture into an MMAP with DEX.
There are 2 limitations:
1) The dimensions must be in powers of 2. The game has to make smaller versions of the main image, and can only do so in powers of 2.
2) The app doesn't support images larger then 1024 in the height. Not sure why.
So the Giants traded Beckham....

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:16 pm

peterparker wrote:I'm not talking about PLADATA.dat, I'm talking about FIELDART.dat.

Noted bro

Best of luck in your endeavors
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Return to “General Discussion”