Super Star Cornerback Troubles...

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:47 pm

I have been playing pretty good offense with super star qbs, and even wide receivers, so I decided to flip the field and play from the defensive side of things in hopes that I can improve my pass defense. To start with, I locked my run game down by playing as a defensive tackle, and after getting it such that most runs while I was on the field were yielding negative yardage, I set up a superstar corner using one of the rookies already in the roster. Now the nightmares begin. I cant seem to ever get in a proper position to make a play, I continually get burned by the long pass, even if I drop back in deep coverage. True I use my keyboard, but that is because I only have one usb port taken up my 1TB external drive. Is it a good idea to turn off defense catch assist? Or any tips on how to cover a receiver better? Its frustrating when I am trying my darndest to make a play, and I end up losing by 3 in overtime, then get the "email" from the coach that he is concerned about my playing, and why don't I show up for the game next time. Anyway, have you guys played superstar at this position and have any advice? Thanks!

Sponsor

Sponsor

trey31
Hall of Fame

Re: Super Star Cornerback Troubles...

Postby trey31 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:33 pm

Col. Trautman wrote:I use my keyboard, but that is because I only have one usb port taken up my 1TB external drive.

Colonel Sam Trautman, have I got good news for you!

Anyway, have you guys played superstar at this position and have any advice? Thanks!

Never played DB on superstar but on All-Madden I typically play Safety and I try to follow this rule: If my back is facing the QB I only swat, if my chest or either flank is facing the QB I use the catch button... unless it is 3rd (in punting field position) or 4th, then I only swat.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:20 am

Thanks for the link to the multi usb box ordering tonight!

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:06 pm

Col. Trautman wrote:Thanks for the link to the multi usb box ordering tonight!

No worries. I use usb hubs all the time. If you plan to use a external drive that needs a fast write speed I would suggest 3.0 and a higher-end brand than Amazon Basics, like Monoprice. Never had an issue with a monoprice hub but they cost double the basic amazon 2.0 type.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Return to “General Discussion”