DAT Arm/Shoe Color Palette Help Thread

mee
Hall of Fame

Re: DAT Arm/Shoe Color Palette Help Thread

Postby mee » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:32 pm

trey31 wrote:Is the shoe bump a bump map texture? That would actually be super cool. And is there a write up of this color info somewhere you could point me to? Thanks for the help.

viewtopic.php?f=85&t=19801&p=102632&hilit=shoe+color#p102632
trey31 wrote:Does the color palette change in GIMP/CS2 when we resize the image? Is that why they get screwed up in-game if they're resized?

Umm... Maybe? Never tried. Probably though, but if you index the image first it shouldn't..
So the Giants traded Beckham....

Sponsor

Sponsor

cyclone2426
All-Pro

Postby cyclone2426 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:00 pm

mee wrote:Here's where I believe you are going wrong.
A HUGE part of the shoe palette issue is that you want to follow the EXACT same pattern as the default. Here's a sample of a TC colored shoe.
(Ravens btw all credits to cyclone)
The blue you are getting means your palette is using the first color in the color table. You must follow the above setup of the palette exactly.

Also each uniform has a SHOE BUMP file with the default shoe. Not sure how it's used, but I imagine that has to be edited as well.

Thats actually outdated, here's the updated one:

Regardless, if he's doing a new design, he doesnt need to follow the default's order, he can essentially create his own palette. Thats what I did with my Nike ones. It's all about how you set up your design, and then how you index it. Ultimately it's how those color block correspond to the pixels in the graphic. So when EA indexed their shoe design they made the fist row of color blocks correspond to the pixels that make up the sock area, and so on.

So for example the default's breakdown is:
Row 1: Socks
Row 2: Inner/Top Padding
Rows 3-5: Base Color
Row 6: Back loop & Bottom edge
Row 7: Tiny bottom side streak
Row 8: Longer bottom side streak
Rows 9-11: Secondary color
Row 12: Divider between Secondary & Tertiary
Row 13: Tertiary
Row 14: Tertiary Border
Row 15-16: Tape Color

Whereas my palette for my Nike shoes are:
Rows 1-2: Lower Sock
Rows 3-5: Upper Sock
Rows 6: Inner/Top Padding
Rows 7-8: Main Color
Rows 9-10: Secondary Color
Rows 11-13: Bottom Edge and bottom shoe
Rows 14: Nike Logos
Rows 15-16: Tape color

As for the bump map, that's in each individual uniform, so that would have to be updated for all of them.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:10 pm

mee wrote:
trey31 wrote:Is the shoe bump a bump map texture? That would actually be super cool. And is there a write up of this color info somewhere you could point me to? Thanks for the help.

http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/view ... or#p102632
trey31 wrote:Does the color palette change in GIMP/CS2 when we resize the image? Is that why they get screwed up in-game if they're resized?

Umm... Maybe? Never tried. Probably though, but if you index the image first it shouldn't..

Thanks for the links. Never seen that thread before. These look intriguing to say the least.
Spoiler:

Also the attached show the color palettes of default arms and the converted dds I was using and the one I just made that I'll try to test tomorrow or something this next week.
Attachments
default.png
default.png (37.62 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
converted palette.png
converted palette.png (1.39 MiB) Viewed 1309 times
color test.png
color test.png (341.76 KiB) Viewed 1309 times
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:12 pm

cyclone2426 wrote:Regardless, if he's doing a new design, he doesnt need to follow the default's order, he can essentially create his own palette. Thats what I did with my Nike ones. It's all about how you set up your design, and then how you index it. Ultimately it's how those color block correspond to the pixels in the graphic. So when EA indexed their shoe design they made the fist row of color blocks correspond to the pixels that make up the sock area, and so on.

So for example the default's breakdown is:
Row 1: Socks
Row 2: Inner/Top Padding
Rows 3-5: Base Color
Row 6: Back loop & Bottom edge
Row 7: Tiny bottom side streak
Row 8: Longer bottom side streak
Rows 9-11: Secondary color
Row 12: Divider between Secondary & Tertiary
Row 13: Tertiary
Row 14: Tertiary Border

Whereas my palette for my Nike shoes are:
Rows 1-2: Lower Sock
Rows 3-5: Upper Sock
Rows 6: Inner/Top Padding
Rows 7-8: Main Color
Rows 9-10: Secondary Color
Rows 11-13: Bottom Edge and bottom shoe
Rows 14: Nike Logos
Rows 15-16: Tape color

As for the bump map, that's in each individual uniform, so that would have to be updated for all of them.

If he keeps it the same it will be alot easier, wouldn't it?
So I suggest:
Row 1: Low Socks
Row 2: High Sock
Rows 3-5: Front Color
Row 6: Nike word
Row 7: Shoe lace
Row 8: Nike word outline
Rows 9-11: Back color
Row 12: Nike word Border
Row 13: Nike logo
Row 14: Nike logo Border

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:23 pm

If I'm not mistaken I don't want any of the shoe colors to be the same hex value as any other palette color in the PLADATA correct? That's when things go wonka right?
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

cyclone2426
All-Pro

Postby cyclone2426 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:28 pm

mee wrote:If he keeps it the same it will be alot easier, wouldn't it?

Not necessarily, because then your trying to shoehorn your design into that palette setup which might not be best. Plus I would try to condense it some to have less individual parts. Ultimately the nice thing about it is that you can set it up however you want and customize it however you want so sky's the limit in a sense, or at least 256 color blocks are the limit lol.

trey31 wrote:If I'm not mistaken I don't want any of the shoe colors to be the same hex value as any other palette color in the PLADATA correct? That's when things go wonka right?

As far as i know, the colors you use only affect the other pieces that are on the same palette cycle, in the shoes case, they are also tied to the "RubberQBWrist", "TurfWrist", "ElbowCast, and "TapeShoe" pieces.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:38 pm

cyclone2426 wrote:
mee wrote:If he keeps it the same it will be alot easier, wouldn't it?

Not necessarily, because then your trying to shoehorn your design into that palette setup which might not be best. Plus I would try to condense it some to have less individual parts. Ultimately the nice thing about it is that you can set it up however you want and customize it however you want so sky's the limit in a sense, or at least 256 color blocks are the limit lol.

trey31 wrote:If I'm not mistaken I don't want any of the shoe colors to be the same hex value as any other palette color in the PLADATA correct? That's when things go wonka right?

As far as i know, the colors you use only affect the other pieces that are on the same palette cycle, in the shoes case, they are also tied to the "RubberQBWrist", "TurfWrist", "ElbowCast, and "TapeShoe" pieces.

So each horizontal row is one color filled in all 16 spaces that occupy that row. Placing the blue color in the first box indicates a new color that corresponds to a specific color in the texture itself. So I could essentially use up to 16 colors as long as I place a blue in the first box of each row?

Also, there are 3 shoe palettes (looking in MUER, which I've never really used) and 3 taped shoe palettes so if I decided to leave only a white taped shoe, I could do 5 completely different shoe designs, each with up to 16 colors each?

Edit: If so I could do 5 different designs? 2 Nike, 2 Under Armour, 1 Adidas, and 1 adidas taped? Or something like that?

And the bump maps... are they the spiral perforations and the swirl that still render over the shoe model?

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:49 pm

trey31 wrote:So each horizontal row is one color filled in all 16 spaces that occupy that row. Placing the blue color in the first box indicates a new color that corresponds to a specific color in the texture itself. So I could essentially use up to 16 colors as long as I place a blue in the first box of each row?

Also, there are 3 shoe palettes (looking in MUER, which I've never really used) and 3 taped shoe palettes so if I decided to leave only a white taped shoe, I could do 5 completely different shoe designs, each with up to 16 colors each?

Edit: If so I could do 5 different brand designs. 2 Nike, 2 Under Armour, 2 Adidas?

And the bump maps... are they the spiral perforations and the swirl that still render over the shoe model?

1) You can try splitting a row. And there is no issue with removing the blue boxes, that looks like an EA artist reminding himeself where the sections end.
2) No. There is 3 spots for one type of shoe (in the in-taped section), and 3 for a second type (non-taped section). But different color combos, but they must have the same base.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:52 pm

mee wrote:
trey31 wrote:So each horizontal row is one color filled in all 16 spaces that occupy that row. Placing the blue color in the first box indicates a new color that corresponds to a specific color in the texture itself. So I could essentially use up to 16 colors as long as I place a blue in the first box of each row?

Edit: If so I could do 5 different brand designs. 2 Nike, 2 Under Armour, 2 Adidas?

1) You can try splitting a row. And there is no issue with removing the blue boxes, that looks like an EA artist reminding himeself where the sections end.
2) No. There is 3 spots for one type of shoe (in the in-taped section), and 3 for a second type (non-taped section). But different color combos, but they must have the same base.

So I could eliminate the taped shoe and have a Nike design and an Under Armour design, with the different color profiles/designs each?

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:54 pm

trey31 wrote:So I could eliminate the taped shoe and have a Nike design and an Under Armour design, with the different color profiles/designs each?

Can't think of any reason why not. Q did it to the taped hand and replaced it with a glove.
Only thing is the 3D model might have a bump in it. If it does I can get rid of it.

Return to “General Discussion”