Community Poll PLEASE VOTE | Shader Mod needs your vote!

Read First Post, View Images inside the Spoilers, Pick One and Vote For It

Default Shader
31%
Modified Shader
22%
Completely Flat Shader
47%

Total votes: 32

VirdeeMan
All-Pro

Re: Community Poll PLEASE VOTE | Shader Mod needs your vote!

Postby VirdeeMan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:15 pm

trey31 wrote:
VirdeeMan wrote:
tomkatt wrote:Can you change your vote? I originally voted modified shader, but on a second look, I think the flat one is better. Also, anything to ensure the default shader isn't chosen, that shiny look is just ... ick.

Same here I voted the same and now I want to change my vote for the flat one. The flat one retains the most detail out of the shaders. I think the helmet should have the maximum amount of reflection. The arms should have a decent amount of shade and the jersey should have little to none shade/reflection imo.

I checked the box in post #1. Feel free to change.

Also note that I posted the wrong example pics for the modified one. It's the shadow side of the uniform where it isn't really as noticeable.

When you have the time can you fix the picture for the modified shaders?

Sponsor

Sponsor

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:36 pm

VirdeeMan wrote:
trey31 wrote:
VirdeeMan wrote:
Same here I voted the same and now I want to change my vote for the flat one. The flat one retains the most detail out of the shaders. I think the helmet should have the maximum amount of reflection. The arms should have a decent amount of shade and the jersey should have little to none shade/reflection imo.

Also note that I posted the wrong example pics for the modified one. It's the shadow side of the uniform where it isn't really as noticeable.

Well, VirdeeMan, you know me...

I already overwrote that version that I posted................ :roll:
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:07 pm

trey31 wrote:
VirdeeMan wrote:
trey31 wrote:

Well, VirdeeMan, you know me...

I already overwrote that version that I posted................ :roll:

I'm doing a satin version of the default shader and a flat version though so I'm not too worried about posting atm, as soon as I finish I'm going to start a finished mods thread and post a nice clean, new thread with screens only from v.1.0 and v.1.0(rev.B) respectively.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:26 pm

Screenshots Updated. The Modified image is the most recent one. There will be two versions of the mod, one completely flat and the one satin.

The Default is what I would call Semi-Gloss. It looks fake in many ways, but real in the sense that there is a sheen where the light hits it.

The Modified is what I would call Satin. It still looks fake in the same ways as Default, but much less so, and also still retains the realistic look in that there is still a sheen where the light hits it. This is completely different than the first Modified version I posted.

Flat looks the most realistic. It doesn't allow it's dark color levels to be crushed and reflected to hell and back like default. There are still shadows from the global lighting. There is no sheen at all.

All three have issues in regards to looking realistic. Flat looks best, imo, Satin still looks more realistic than default if you liked it. I'm not doing 3 versions.

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:11 pm

The modified one looks pretty good. I still think I like the flat one the most, the colors look much clearer. Great work!

prevas
All-Pro

Postby prevas » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:49 am

Both flat and modified look amazing, so tired of that shiny look.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:01 pm

prevas wrote:Both flat and modified look amazing, so tired of that shiny look.

Thanks. This mod should be finished around the same time I finish HD Arms/Hands mod. I'll need to tweak the shaders with the new arms in-game, but I need to finish debugging the glitches with the arm equipment first.

Exciting times. Significant graphical dat improvements are right around the corner.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:43 am

Dynamic Lighting Mod (DAT) version 1.0 has been released.

Return to “General Discussion”