What's with the crazy comeback AI on All-Pro?

tomkatt
All-Pro

Postby tomkatt » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:44 am

Pretty much the title. I can be dominating all game, but in the 4th quarter all of a sudden my guys are dropping balls left and right, fumbling, and the CPU is nailing throws with no coverage to be found, going crazy long yards for touchdowns, and all in all, suddenly like they took a level in badass.

I just got done a game with the Eagles vs. Redskins and our stats are similar, though the Eagles D is better. I'm shutting them down 31 - 0 and in the 4th quarter the Redskins are suddenly amazing, with passes on point, breaking a crap ton of tackles, and just... overpowering to come back up with 19 points. I still won like 45 - 27, but it was complete BS for them to score so many times in the 4th and just run all over my team after I stomped them all game.

This has happened to me in nearly every game. Is there any way to tone down the comeback AI? It's crazy. I know it's supposed to generate excitement or something, but it seems unrealistic, especially when teams with low rated offense against a good defense do this stuff.

Sponsor

Sponsor

tomkatt
All-Pro

Re: What's with the crazy comeback AI on All-Pro?

Postby tomkatt » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:25 am

Okay seriously, it's happened to me again twice tonight. 4th quarter and suddenly it's INTs left and right, perfect defense, literally psychic cornerbacks picking the ball when they're not even looking in the direction or anywhere near it. I've got an open route and then superman flies in... plus my QB's accuracy drops like a stone and suddenly corner routes I've been able to nail throughout the game are all now being tossed way off target out of bounds.

Is there anyway to tone this shit down? It's like I'm having a great game, whether close or a blowout, and then 4th quarter blows everything up. The only way for me to actually win is to be up by a minimum of 15 points at the start of the 4th.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:33 am

Can't say I've come across it in All-Pro. In All-Madden, I definitely feel the rubberbanding. I've yet to find anything to successfully counter it.

tomkatt
All-Pro

Postby tomkatt » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:40 pm

NickyJ wrote:Can't say I've come across it in All-Pro. In All-Madden, I definitely feel the rubberbanding. I've yet to find anything to successfully counter it.

I'm seeing it in All-Pro. Could be because of slider adjustments I've made, but I swear it was happening before I made tweaks. Honestly, the only changes I made were to turn interceptions down from 50 to 30, awareness to 62, pass receiving to 58, and line to 45 I think. All changes were made on both sides (human and CPU).

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:04 pm

What kind of roles /weapons are on your roster? Certain roles give boosts only in the 4th.....

tomkatt
All-Pro

Postby tomkatt » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:31 pm

Col. Trautman wrote:What kind of roles /weapons are on your roster? Certain roles give boosts only in the 4th.....

A ton of them. Pretty much my entire defensive line is a weapon, and at least one of my other defenders as well. Not sure what the types mean. One dude has a power looking thingie (maybe a truck? I forget but he gets like 5+ pancakes a game), one either a shoe with wings or a lightning bolt, something indicating speed. Two of them are just yellow stars. Also on offence, my QB has a rocket ship (deep ball? It's Carson Wentz, lots of long passing), and I think my main running back has a hand or something? One of my receivers also has the wings.

I'll see if I can get a screenshot of all of them. Is there a list somewhere with info on all of these?

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:00 pm

Your team sounds like it is pretty well rounded, your opponent could have a Comeback Quarterback which gets an AWR boost in the 4th and he affects everyone on his team with a boost. Only guessing as I have dealt with situations like you mention on occasion not the norm.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:24 pm

After tons of tons of time spent on All-Pro, I'm surprised you're having these problems. Especially on offense, I've never had problems with 4th quarter offense. One thing I have noticed was that the CPU kicks things into gear during both 2 minute drills and passes the ball much more efficiently during those periods. Coverage in Madden 08 is truly a crapshoot and even 99 OVR corners bust coverage all the time, so you just gotta deal with it.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

tomkatt
All-Pro

Postby tomkatt » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:13 am

Col. Trautman wrote:Your team sounds like it is pretty well rounded, your opponent could have a Comeback Quarterback which gets an AWR boost in the 4th and he affects everyone on his team with a boost. Only guessing as I have dealt with situations like you mention on occasion not the norm.

I'd assume this, but it's happened in four games in a row in franchise. :(

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:45 am

NickyJ wrote:I've yet to find anything to successfully counter it.

Custom Playbooks and PLYT edits. PM for details if you'd like.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Return to “General Discussion”