Rookies OVR difference when viewing Depth Charts

joejccva71
Rookie

Postby joejccva71 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:46 pm

I don't understand something and maybe you guys could help me.

I just did a draft using Madden Amp based on what the guide by RevanFan said:

viewtopic.php?f=80&t=150

And when I go into Madden, a player may be an 82 OVR while looking at the Team Management screen, but when I go into the Depth Chart, he's at a 70 OVR???? I'm confused immensely. The difference between a player's OVR in Team Mgmt screen vs the Depth Chart is only happening to new rookies that I drafted.

Anyone know why that would be happening?

Thanks!

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Rookies OVR difference when viewing Depth Charts

Postby RevanFan » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:58 pm

joejccva71 wrote:I don't understand something and maybe you guys could help me.

http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/view ... f=80&t=150

And when I go into Madden, a player may be an 82 OVR while looking at the Team Management screen, but when I go into the Depth Chart, he's at a 70 OVR???? I'm confused immensely. The difference between a player's OVR in Team Mgmt screen vs the Depth Chart is only happening to new rookies that I drafted.

Thanks!

Madden Amp is not designed to use rogerjinx's new OVR rating calculations. To get around this, if you are using the latest FF Mod files, you can use the DB_TEMPLATES.dat-origOVR file.

1. Change the name of "DB_TEMPLATES.dat" to "DB_TEMPLATES.dat-rogerOVR"
2. Change the name of "DB_TEMPLATES.dat-origOVR" to "DB_TEMPLATES.dat"
3. Use NZA 1.3 to do an overall rating recalculation. Save when done.

By the way, let me know what you think of my guide after you've done a bit of the season. I'm always looking for feedback.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

joejccva71
Rookie

Postby joejccva71 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:59 pm

RevanFan wrote:
joejccva71 wrote:I don't understand something and maybe you guys could help me.

viewtopic.php?f=80&t=150

Thanks!

Madden Amp is not designed to use rogerjinx's new OVR rating calculations.

Ah ok, do you know which roster does work well with it?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:01 pm

joejccva71 wrote:Ah ok, do you know which roster does work well with it?

It's not the roster. It's the editor. Madden Amp was not designed to calculate the ratings that way, and neither was NZA. However, I edited my above post to include more information. Follow my previous post, assuming you've downloaded and installed the latest FF Mod files.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

joejccva71
Rookie

Postby joejccva71 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:39 pm

Ok I did what your previous post said and it worked. Although it did raise alot of my players OVR's. I'm playing the Browns and Myles Garrett was an 88 OVR and after the recalculation he's a 99 OVR now. LOL. But it did raise my rookies back to where they "should be" I presume. I assume it recalculated the entire league so I guess it will balance out.

By the way, this is my 4th season using your guide and it's extremely good. I play on strict coach mode. I call the plays based on how your house rules are and mostly let Madden call my plays for me, unless it's a ridiculous situation and then I call it. Like if I know that the defense is going to blitz, i'm going to manually call a shotgun pass play, etc. Or if they want me to go for it on 4th and long and it's in the 2nd quarter or something.

But yea, this is a great guide and I follow it to a T. Thanks for the help!

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:00 am

FYI for new users.. I designed the roster to reflect the current Madden ratings which do not translate well to Madden 08 when using default OVR calculations because of so many players especially TEs and FBs having 99OVR. Things to consider:

>> The roster's OVR was calculated using my modified OVR calculation embedded in the new DB_Templates. If you are going to edit the roster in NZA or Madden Amp, it will recalculate it based on the original OVR calculation.

>> The OVR you see in the line-up or roster in-game can be modified by the external editors in OVR field or OVR column when exported in csv which are only "displays". It doesnt always tell you the whole story. The real calculations (whether you use the original or modified DB_Templates) can be seen in the depth charts. Once you auto-reorder the depth charts, it will affect the OVRs you see in the line-up.

There are many comments of my roster being "overpowered" because of players with too many 99 and why I have to stick with current Madden ratings which was the reason why I decided to tinker the default OVR calculations. But it always boils down to user preferences.

Return to “General Discussion”