Strategy?

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Re: Strategy?

Postby Rixster67r » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:29 am

Doing this will improve your defense........

Warning if you don't know this already it will change your Madden experience........
Spoiler:
Hold the hike button down on defense once the cpu hikes the ball if the cpu is passing then switch to the intercept button once the QB has released the ball and then back to the hike button if the receiver catches the ball

This also works on offense on running plays but will cause your QB to only throw bullet passes if its a passing play

On offense hike the ball immediatly if the HB lines up slightly off center and slightly adjusts to square for more rushing yards and more receptions

If there is no movement by the RB then hike the ball at 10 seconds or less on the play clock

This works in all game modes

You can overuse this and the cpu will adjust to it...... I usually use this plan in must win games only

Sponsor

Sponsor

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:13 am

I basically do that but I also use the accelerated clock to 20secs.

On defense to get more sacks, I will play as the DE on the blitzing side take the outside shoulder of the OT on that side. If it is multiple blitzers, I play the NT and press the CBs.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:45 pm

Oakland V Pittsburgh....

screen0006.bmp
screen0006.bmp (913.06 KiB) Viewed 1292 times

screen0007.bmp
screen0007.bmp (1.16 MiB) Viewed 1292 times

screen0004.bmp
screen0004.bmp (1.12 MiB) Viewed 1292 times
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

SeahawksBBC
Pro Bowl

Postby SeahawksBBC » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:39 pm

Rixster67r wrote:Doing this will improve your defense........

Warning if you don't know this already it will change your Madden experience........
Spoiler:
Hold the hike button down on defense once the cpu hikes the ball if the cpu is passing then switch to the intercept button once the QB has released the ball and then back to the hike button if the receiver catches the ball

How does that help your defense?

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:46 pm

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:37 pm

BUS36 wrote:I play with the 3-4 defense scheme... I run 3-4 base /over/under because of the blitz and depending on the team nickle 2-4-5 and 1-5-5 ( and prowl)...it gives you the best of blitzing and having man and zone overages. I also love to flip the defense call right before the snap..and use the ability to hide your coverage.

I'm also do that... sometimes 3-3-5... but basically is a 3-4;; and always doing flip plays before the snap..

maslinpicard
Rookie

Postby maslinpicard » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:53 am

I too like DB BLITZES.

BinaryDigit09
Rookie

Postby BinaryDigit09 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:13 pm

Like others, I look at the number of WRs the offense is coming out with:

0: Goal line
1-2: Base
3: Nickel
4: Dime
5: Quarter

This usually makes sure you have a CB, not an OLB, covering each of their WRs. I say usually because the default Quarter formation brings in 3 CBs and 2 FSs instead of 4 CBs. I would adjust those substitutions according to whether your 4th CB is better as a CB than your 2nd FS (using the Depth Chart to determine that).

And like others, I love blitzing CBs. So whenever I'm in a blitzing mood, I'll add an extra CB to the above base strategy and call a play that sends him on a blitz. So call a Dime against 3 WRs or a Quarter against 4 WRs. When blitzing CBs, it also helps to pre-snap adjust the DBs into press coverage.

The Quarter 2-DB blitz (from the default 4-3 playbook and possibly others) is nice because unless the offense has 5 WRs, every WR has a man assigned to coverage and yet you're still able to blitz two CBs. It also leaves a single high safety in deep zone trash cleanup, and the MLB is assigned to the RB in case of a draw or other type of run. But the weakness in that play is that you only have three down linemen. So if your DEs are weak (not commanding double-teams), then the OGs can pull and easily block/pancake your blitzing CBs.

An alternative to that which I like is the Dime Strike 2 Deep (also from the default 4-3 playbook). It has two high safeties in deep zone, and the MLB plays hook zone in the middle to protect against runs. The Dime has four linemen instead of three, so if you have average DLs they're more likely to keep the OGs busy and leave at least one of your pass rushers unblocked.

Return to “General Discussion”