Everything you NEVER wanted to know about Player Attributes **SPOILERS**

trey31
Hall of Fame

Re: Everything you NEVER wanted to know about Player Attributes **SPOILERS**

Postby trey31 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:15 am

d12njd wrote:No offense, but the use of all madden difficulty makes almost all of your findings irrelavant. Pro Difficulty gives the most emphasis to player ratings, with All Pro being second. All Madden gives all kind of boosts and nerfing.

You're talking out of your posterior. Test everything out on Rookie or Pro if you want. Don't just blindly state someone's work is "irrelavant" while offering nothing more than your opinion as an explanation as to why it is "irrelavant."

Also for future reference irrelevant is spelled with an "e" after the "l"; so if you're going to say someone's work is irrelevant, with nothing tangible to back up your statement no less, at least cover your short comings with proper English usage.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Sponsor

Sponsor

d12njd
Rookie

Postby d12njd » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:18 pm

trey31 wrote:
d12njd wrote:No offense, but the use of all madden difficulty makes almost all of your findings irrelavant. Pro Difficulty gives the most emphasis to player ratings, with All Pro being second. All Madden gives all kind of boosts and nerfing.

You're talking out of your posterior. Test everything out on Rookie or Pro if you want. Don't just blindly state someone's work is "irrelavant" while offering nothing more than your opinion as an explanation as to why it is "irrelavant."

Also for future reference irrelevant is spelled with an "e" after the "l"; so if you're going to say someone's work is irrelevant, with nothing tangible to back up your statement no less, at least cover your short comings with proper English usage.

I said no offense because I genuinely did not want you to take offense to what I was saying. I didn't mean to disrespect any of the huge chunk of time you obviously put into this.

However:
You haven't refuted anything I said.

Im not here to talk grammar or make personal insults. Let's talk madden ratings. Nothing I said should have been controversial. I was just wondering why if your going to dedicate such time to proving madden ratings have no effect, would you test such a theory on all madden difficulty.

All Madden negates and manipulates player ratings more than other modes.

True or false?

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:48 pm

Actually every single game mode (rookie, pro, all pro, all madden) are affected by player ratings....its just that each level accentuates those ratings more....for example on rookie mode if you have a player with a 38 for a carry rating as a running back you may occassionally fumble (even after a hit stick tackle) but probably only once in the entire game.....take that game mode to all madden with the same 38 carry rating and you will fumble 2-3 times and especially more likely after a hit stick tackle.......

all im saying is that the player ratings do affect tendencies/effectiveness of players but the game modes of rookie to all madden just accentuates those ratings with all madden making the ratings very relevant whereas rookie mode does not make those ratings as important because they want to give you a easy game to play.......so fumble tendencies will be lower in rookie mode than in all madden mode even when using the same player....its just the way the game is setup....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:55 pm

If someone said to Sarah Jessica Parker, "No offense, but your face <insert horse face joke here>.", would you expect her to not take offense to it?

I have no further reply after this until you post test results on Pro or whatever.

Spoiler:
TAK 1 vs TAK 99 has NO EFFECT in-game. Test it on Rookie, Pro, All-Pro or whatever you want.

Whether you're on Offense or Defense in All-Madden, the tacklers continue to tackle when they are set at TAK 1. Just as often as when the entire team is at 99. The only time the TAK is used is when the ball carrier uses the highlight stick in some way.

I'm not happy about it either, and never thought the result would be what it is, but it is what it is. I wish my testing was flawed but there is no evidence otherwise.

Further, I refuse to play on Pro bc I don't enjoy winning 38 consecutive games and winning back-to-back Super Bowls with back-to-back perfect undefeated seasons with very little challenge.

In regards to nerfing, watch a replay of CPU man coverage in replay slow-motion on Pro difficulty. The CPU defender already knows the route, just like All-Madden, but the reaction to any change-of-direction move by the wide receiver is always delayed on Pro. That (along with CPU players consistently not using "speed" button) is what makes Pro, Pro and not All-Madden; it's also why almost every receiver is open at some point on every play on Pro difficulty (when the HUM team is on offense).
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:03 pm

trey31 wrote:If someone said to Sarah Jessica Parker, "No offense, but your face <insert horse face joke here>.", would you expect her to not take offense to it?

I have no further reply after this until you post test results on Pro or whatever.

Spoiler:
TAK 1 vs TAK 99 has NO EFFECT in-game. Test it on Rookie, Pro, All-Pro or whatever you want.

Whether you're on Offense or Defense in All-Madden, the tacklers continue to tackle when they are set at TAK 1. Just as often as when the entire team is at 99. The only time the TAK is used is when the ball carrier uses the highlight stick in some way.

I'm not happy about it either, and never thought the result would be what it is, but it is what it is. I wish my testing was flawed but there is no evidence otherwise.

Further, I refuse to play on Pro bc I don't enjoy winning 38 consecutive games and winning back-to-back Super Bowls with back-to-back perfect undefeated seasons with very little challenge.

In regards to nerfing, watch a replay of CPU man coverage in replay slow-motion on Pro difficulty. The CPU defender already knows the route, just like All-Madden, but the reaction to any change-of-direction move by the wide receiver is always delayed on Pro. That (along with CPU players consistently not using "speed" button) is what makes Pro, Pro and not All-Madden; it's also why almost every receiver is open at some point on every play on Pro difficulty (when the HUM team is on offense).

Lol this thread is going all sorts of wacky.....hahahah
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:14 pm

Yeah, people need to learn one simple rule for social situations. If you are about to start a sentence or thought with, "No offense...", you're about to offend someone. You NEVER say "no offense" and then NOT offend someone. So if you're about to start with "no offense," just stop and think of something else to say entirely.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:03 pm

RevanFan wrote:Yeah, people need to learn one simple rule for social situations. If you are about to start a sentence or thought with, "No offense...", you're about to offend someone. You NEVER say "no offense" and then NOT offend someone. So if you're about to start with "no offense," just stop and think of something else to say entirely.

Sometimes, you know what you're about to say will offend someone, but you feel like you need to say it anyway.

In those situations saying "No offense..." Is useful, because it lets the person know that even though they are offended, the person who offended them did not say what he said with the intent of offending you.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:42 pm

JSamuel wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Yeah, people need to learn one simple rule for social situations. If you are about to start a sentence or thought with, "No offense...", you're about to offend someone. You NEVER say "no offense" and then NOT offend someone. So if you're about to start with "no offense," just stop and think of something else to say entirely.

Sometimes, you know what you're about to say will offend someone, but you feel like you need to say it anyway.

In those situations saying "No offense..." Is useful, because it lets the person know that even though they are offended, the person who offended them did not say what he said with the intent of offending you.

I've always seen that statement as shallow and condescending.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:04 pm

No offense RevanFan, but you're totally ******* wrong about everything you just said.

/s :lol:

d12njd
Rookie

Postby d12njd » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:25 pm

I do apologize if you took any offense friend.

Return to “General Discussion”