Madden 08 Will Not Work on New Gaming PC

deiied
Rookie

Re: Madden 08 Will Not Work on New Gaming PC

Postby deiied » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:11 pm

Hello Ultiamtum77,

If your still around can you send me advice? I just installed madden 08 on windows 10 and I am receiving the following error: "A required security module cannot be activated. This program cannot be executed (8016)."

Thanks.

Sponsor

Sponsor

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:32 pm

Did you in Properties check run as WindowsXP SP2 ? that should work..
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

deiied
Rookie

Postby deiied » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:16 am

@bus36

I am running in compatibility mode for windows xp sp2 as administrator. I have tried rebooting, reinstalling.

All of the google searches I have tried leads to EA Support forums telling people that get this error that their skylake processor is the issue and that the need to update their bios. Given the fact that Ultimatium77 doesn't tell people to do that in this thread leads me to believe he has a different solution that I would like to try before bricking my computer messing with the bios.

deiied
Rookie

Postby deiied » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:07 am

I have figured out a solution, no need to send me a solution.

Dave

Xeroses
Rookie

Postby Xeroses » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:17 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:
MAPO wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:
I may be able to help you but first I need 2 questions clarified....

1. What's your OS? Win 7/8 10?

2. Are you trying to run madden 08 or 04? (i'm more familiar with 08 but I should be able to help with 04 potentially.)

Madden 08 and Windows 10.

On my other computer I do not have this problem with Windows 10. But on this new computer I do. I have updated windows 10 to the latest available. I have tried all compatibility versions. Same result.

It's because if you own madden 08 download version (maybe cd?) they only allow 3 activations due to securom issues. There is a way to bypass this lockout for those who bought the game legally but EA refuses to support the game anymore :( Check your inbox for my solution, as I'm not really allowed to post it here......

Also don't update Windows in general is my advice as their "security updates" are really useless and screw up your EA and 2k games. A lot of different pc gamers have reported issues with the recent round of updates. So I suggest to do like me and now have any at all, just plain windows without any updates to screw up your games.

What was your solution here? Can you PM me?

MAPO
Pro Bowl

Postby MAPO » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:04 pm

Xeroses wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:
MAPO wrote:
Madden 08 and Windows 10.

On my other computer I do not have this problem with Windows 10. But on this new computer I do. I have updated windows 10 to the latest available. I have tried all compatibility versions. Same result.

It's because if you own madden 08 download version (maybe cd?) they only allow 3 activations due to securom issues. There is a way to bypass this lockout for those who bought the game legally but EA refuses to support the game anymore :( Check your inbox for my solution, as I'm not really allowed to post it here......

Also don't update Windows in general is my advice as their "security updates" are really useless and screw up your EA and 2k games. A lot of different pc gamers have reported issues with the recent round of updates. So I suggest to do like me and now have any at all, just plain windows without any updates to screw up your games.

What was your solution here? Can you PM me?

Replace mainapp.exe with one of the ones on here.

Moderator's Note: It is against the forum's rules to post links to illegally download files.
My Madden 08 Playbooks
Multiple Adjusting Pattern Offense
SPO (Screen Pass Option) Offense
MAPO - "The Aerial Assault, Death From Above"

Return to “General Discussion”