Madden 08 Will Not Work on New Gaming PC

Gridiron
MVP

Re: Madden 08 Will Not Work on New Gaming PC

Postby Gridiron » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:59 am

Bipsy (a.k.a. Great Satan)
bipsy.png
bipsy.png (44.53 KiB) Viewed 2432 times

I didn't want to offend anyone, therefore you had to build the swastika in your own mind. ;)
Those were the good old days.

MAPO, if you are actually serious about building a "Gaming PC"
it should be one compatible with the widest selection of games and emulators,
in which case you'd be better off using Windows® 7.
Then, when needed use DOSBox or Windows®7's XP mode, for those Windows® titles that may need it to run in 7.

The ONLY things that you might miss out on,
would be the few Windows® 10/XBOX "exclusive" games, which can go to hell,
and a bunch of grief in tracking down drivers for old hardware and finding new bugs in old software.

Knowing M$ and the other money hungry corporations as I think I do,
don't be surprised if EA makes MADDEN 17 run on DirectX 12 machines,
and remember where you read it first. ;)
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

Sponsor

Sponsor

EdgeSteel
Rookie

Postby EdgeSteel » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:07 am

MAPO wrote:
It's because if you own madden 08 download version (maybe cd?) they only allow 3 activations due to securom issues. There is a way to bypass this lockout for those who bought the game legally but EA refuses to support the game anymore :( Check your inbox for my solution, as I'm not really allowed to post it here......

Also don't update Windows in general is my advice as their "security updates" are really useless and screw up your EA and 2k games. A lot of different pc gamers have reported issues with the recent round of updates. So I suggest to do like me and now have any at all, just plain windows without any updates to screw up your games.

I'm having the exact same error message. Madden 08 on Windows 7 (64 bit).

Can you help?

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:40 am

EdgeSteel wrote:
MAPO wrote:
It's because if you own madden 08 download version (maybe cd?) they only allow 3 activations due to securom issues. There is a way to bypass this lockout for those who bought the game legally but EA refuses to support the game anymore :( Check your inbox for my solution, as I'm not really allowed to post it here......

Also don't update Windows in general is my advice as their "security updates" are really useless and screw up your EA and 2k games. A lot of different pc gamers have reported issues with the recent round of updates. So I suggest to do like me and now have any at all, just plain windows without any updates to screw up your games.

Can you help?

Check your inbox! -Ultimatum77
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:06 pm

Confirming the Windows Update rollback fix worked for Madden 2004.

I installed a recent batch of updates and Madden wouldn't launch. Rolledback and I was back in business.

marvinjr94
Rookie

Postby marvinjr94 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:08 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:
EdgeSteel wrote:
MAPO wrote:

Can you help?

Check your inbox! -Ultimatum77

Hey, Ultiamtum77.

I know this is an old thread, but if you see this could you shoot me a message with the solution to this problem? I just downloaded Madden 08 from Amazon and I'm having the same "a required security module.....8016" problem with the fresh install on Windows 10. If you need any other information just ask. Thanks in advance, man!

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:33 am

marvinjr94 wrote:

Hey, Ultiamtum77.

I know this is an old thread, but if you see this could you shoot me a message with the solution to this problem? I just downloaded Madden 08 from Amazon and I'm having the same "a required security module.....8016" problem with the fresh install on Windows 10. If you need any other information just ask. Thanks in advance, man![/quote][/quote]

Check you inbox, I am not sure how to fix this error but hopefully my suggestions for other issues may work to fix it for W10? Best of luck, and let me know if you need anything else....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Yipicya
Rookie

Postby Yipicya » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:50 pm

Probably not the best place to put this, but I don't want to clutter up the page.

I have a gaming rig also, and a disk. The game hangs up at the FFXV screen, but if I went to task manager, it goes right through. So I deleted the game, and reloaded it, it loaded back at original form, but still has the same problem.

Additionally when playing a game, if you quit, it kicks you right out of the game completely

Can anyone help?

Jax85
Rookie

Postby Jax85 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:00 pm

Yipicya wrote:Probably not the best place to put this, but I don't want to clutter up the page.

I have a gaming rig also, and a disk. The game hangs up at the FFXV screen, but if I went to task manager, it goes right through. So I deleted the game, and reloaded it, it loaded back at original form, but still has the same problem.

Additionally when playing a game, if you quit, it kicks you right out of the game completely

Can anyone help?

I had the same issue on my new Win10 PC. The game runs perfectly fine, but in those 2 circumstances you mentioned I had to switch to another screen and back again to advance to the main menu. Solution is to open the game in Win7 or XP compatibility mode. It can be found when you right click on the mainapp.exe. Once set, it will always open Madden in this mode, thus it should work perfectly fine.

Mr.Chunks66
Rookie

Postby Mr.Chunks66 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:59 am

ultimatum77 wrote:
marvinjr94 wrote:

Hey, Ultiamtum77.

I know this is an old thread, but if you see this could you shoot me a message with the solution to this problem? I just downloaded Madden 08 from Amazon and I'm having the same "a required security module.....8016" problem with the fresh install on Windows 10. If you need any other information just ask. Thanks in advance, man!
[/quote]

Check you inbox, I am not sure how to fix this error but hopefully my suggestions for other issues may work to fix it for W10? Best of luck, and let me know if you need anything else....[/quote]

Hey, Ultiamtum77. I have the same problem. Can you help? Please. I appreciate it

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:48 am

Mr.Chunks66 wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:
marvinjr94 wrote:

Hey, Ultiamtum77.

Check you inbox, I am not sure how to fix this error but hopefully my suggestions for other issues may work to fix it for W10? Best of luck, and let me know if you need anything else....[/quote]

Hey, Ultiamtum77. I have the same problem. Can you help? Please. I appreciate it[/quote]

Hey man sure, sorry about not getting back to you sooner, I'm kind of in/out during the offseason. But yes I will send you the link. Check your inbox.

Return to “General Discussion”