Windows 10 and Madden 08 Compatibility

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Re: Windows 10 and Madden 08 Compatibility

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:59 pm

mouf wrote:
mee wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:Lol, thanks but no I'm cool with W7. 8-)

BTW I read up on the secdrv.sys issue and evidently W10 blocks securom/safedisc programs as it has a security vulnerability/backdoor which is now blocked in W10. If you don't mind I would like to try another solution without having to do driver signing /copying files. It replaces the mainapp.exe with a non-securom based mainapp.exe. Check your FI inbox for my solution.

And I am posting how to do it legally.... Well yes that way works, but if you care about the law... Not that it really matters you can't get it trouble for it.

So how do you suggest fixing my issue if the secdrv.sys isn't there as verified with my screenshot?

From MS...
https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/MS15-097

From user mee....

"The secdrv.sys is the security the game uses to confirm you are using a real disc.

To solve we have to fix the secdrv.sys.
Method 1)
Edit the registry directly.
To do this, follow these steps:
1)Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
2)Locate and then click the following subkey in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\secdrv
3)Right-click Start, and then click Modify.
4)In the Value data box, do one of the following:
Type 4 to disable the driver's service, and then click OK.
Type 3 to set the driver's service to manual, and then click OK.
Type 2 to set the driver's service to automatic, and then click OK.
4)Exit Registry Editor.
Disclaimer KEEP A BACKUP!!

Method 2)
Edit the secdrv.sys to automatic(does the above for you)
1) Run an elevated command prompt from the desktop (by pressing Windows key+X and selecting Command Prompt (Admin))
2) Type in this command:

sc config secdrv start=auto

I used the second method.
Thanks to users on MVPmods.com for solving this issue."

It involves driver signing and messing with the registry, my suggestion is just to wait until MS patches this issue as your game is working for you now. Messing with the registry can be risky. -U77
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Ravenpete
Rookie

Postby Ravenpete » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:34 am

Hey guys! I'm a lurker, but haven't yet been able to download the Amazon download since it keeps giving me an error message which says. DDSetup error. What's that? Also it tells me I need to install Shockwave 8 if I want to play online. Is this necessary? Any help you guys can give is appreciated. I've tried three times to install the game and I'm in danger of not getting it from Amazon if I go beyond the number of allowed install tries. Thanks.

Edit: I can't DL the game anymore now. Can anyone help? Again, thanks. I've been reading the FAQ and newbie tuts and it's amazing the potential a game has on PC.

SemperAye
Veteran

Postby SemperAye » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:45 am

I was able to get the game to launch after re-install and a few restarts using the winxp sp3 settings. HOWEVER...every time I exit the game windows 10 gives me this Program Compatibility Assistant box that says "Compatibility settings have been applied," and gives me the option to run program or close... no idea why this is popping up?!?!?

warlockliches
Rookie

Postby warlockliches » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:13 pm

Okay guys i have windows 10 pro N i found something similar to scdrv.service called sec logon and sdrsvic.service both i disable i read the reigistry they appear to be the same things but called different in windows 10 pro N. I will try this real quick and post and edited post. thanks.

Edit okay i just discovered something apparently my version of windows doenst come with media feature pack. I did seach on internet on where is secdrv.sys in windows 10 pro N and one the things that came up was windows feature update media feature pack ill try this now.

Edit Installing this new version of it did some more research im hoping this fixes my problem

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... aspx?id=53

Edit..Okay i did three things installed that update, activated windows, and switch to windows 7 compatible mode and did not install any different direct x other than what came with amazon download i also am only using ff iv. I cannot get the mode to go beyond week 6 in madden 7 with out it crashing in game. In madden 08 pc my old franchise works again. and i simmed to week 6 to test it and it had no crashes. So i guess im playing madden 08 again until either the mode works for madden 7 or someone makes a generic roster for madden 7 that works. Oh well i just have to relocate my rhinos team and become the warlocks. Oh and my game runs faster sense also installing the media update and disableing the things so thanks.

getrolln
Rookie

Re: Windows 10 and Madden 07 Compatibility

Postby getrolln » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:50 pm

Because it uses DirectX 9. I got Madden NFL 07 to run on Windows 10 Pro ver 1607 by downloading (Dege's Thank You by the way) dgVoodoo2_53Win10 Link http://dege.freeweb.hu/ 3Dfx folder copy and paste the 3 dll files Glide.dll, Glide2x.dll, Glide3x.dll into Madden 07 main install directory. Works perfect. note dll's in the MS directory wouldn't work. Run from the mainapp.exe

jjhyt7
Rookie

Postby jjhyt7 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:52 pm

Has anybody gotten the playbook merger to work with Windows 10? I can't figure out if it will work or how to make it work if it will actually work.

Return to “General Discussion”