Madden Xtreme DB Editor Discussion Thread

TroySteakman
Rookie

Re: Madden Xtreme DB Editor Discussion Thread

Postby TroySteakman » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:24 pm

And there's no way to extract the roster portion of the franchise file and just edit that? How are people talking about editing things like stadiums and coaches and uniforms if they can't edit franchise files?

Sponsor

Sponsor

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:28 am

madden25 uses ast archives which files can be extracted and imported with the ast editor, so that will work for things like uniforms and for the actual textures for a stadium.
Not sure what you mean about the franchise file. You can edit the rosters, those still use the db format if Im not mistaken. Perhaps they are using the game to export the team rosters from the franchise file. There is no external editor for the franchise file though.

MFV303
Rookie

Postby MFV303 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:09 pm

Hello.

Are there any plans to make a version of the DB editor for the Gamecube version of Madden 08?

I would love to edit rosters and franchise files on Dolphin.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:41 am

MFV303 wrote:Hello.

Are there any plans to make a version of the DB editor for the Gamecube version of Madden 08?

If you have a copy of a default roster/franchise from the GameCube/Dolphin we can analyze we could make a determination if it is possible.

MFV303
Rookie

Postby MFV303 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:03 am

elguapo wrote:
MFV303 wrote:Hello.

If you have a copy of a default roster/franchise from the GameCube/Dolphin we can analyze we could make a determination if it is possible.

Ok here's a default roster file and a franchise file.
Attachments
default roster and franchise dolphin files.zip
(542.62 KiB) Downloaded 10 times

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:39 pm

MFV303 wrote:.

Thank you for providing the files. It appears that the Xtreme DB Editor does read the files you provided. Editing the roster and using it in game is still unknown. (maybe you could provide an answer to that unknown)

The Alternate version of the Xtreme Editor was another pet project of mine where I wanted to create a roster/franchise editor. unfortunately I didn't add the code to read console files because I was more interested in designing the editor. But I have been meaning to add the code since more users are interested in this version too.

So there are a few options you can try before the reading console file feature is added.

Load your Gamecube roster in the Xtreme DB editor.
Export the TABLES you want to edit.
Close your Gamecube roster.

Open a PC roster in the Xtreme DB editor. (one is provided below if you don't have one)
Import the TABLES you Exported.
Save and Close the PC roster.

Using a roster/franchise editor like NZA, open the PC roster.
Edit the roster.
Save and Close the roster.

Open the PC roster in the Xtreme DB editor.
Export the TABLES you first Exported.

Import the TABLES you Exported from the PC roster
Save and Close your Gamecube roster.

roster00.ros
(2.04 MiB) Downloaded 11 times

MFV303
Rookie

Postby MFV303 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:56 pm

elguapo wrote:
MFV303 wrote:.

Thank you for providing the files. It appears that the Xtreme DB Editor does read the files you provided. Editing the roster and using it in game is still unknown. (maybe you could provide an answer to that unknown)

The Alternate version of the Xtreme Editor was another pet project of mine where I wanted to create a roster/franchise editor. unfortunately I didn't add the code to read console files because I was more interested in designing the editor. But I have been meaning to add the code since more users are interested in this version too.

So there are a few options you can try before the reading console file feature is added.

Export the TABLES you want to edit.
Close your Gamecube roster.

Open a PC roster in the Xtreme DB editor. (one is provided below if you don't have one)
Import the TABLES you Exported.

Using a roster/franchise editor like NZA, open the PC roster.
Edit the roster.
Save and Close the roster.

Open the PC roster in the Xtreme DB editor.
Export the TABLES you first Exported.

Import the TABLES you Exported from the PC roster
Save and Close your Gamecube roster.

roster00.ros

Ooh, that sounds very interesting. Tbh, I can wait for the reading console feature to be added, because I tried editing the GCI files with the editor and importing it to Dolphin and it gave an error saying how the files were corrupted.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:03 pm

MFV303 wrote:
Ooh, that sounds very interesting. Tbh, I can wait for the reading console feature to be added, because I tried editing the GCI files with the editor and importing it to Dolphin and it gave an error saying how the files were corrupted.

Let's do some tests.

Load, make a few edits within the editor, save and try loading that roster and see if you still get an error.

EDIT:
If you still get errors I found this thread at Operation Sports.

What I'm getting from the post is to keep the same number of players, teams the same.

MFV303
Rookie

Postby MFV303 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:37 pm

elguapo wrote:
MFV303 wrote:

Let's do some tests.

Load, make a few edits within the editor, save and try loading that roster and see if you still get an error.

EDIT:

What I'm getting from the post is to keep the same number of players, teams the same.

Nice, I'll let you know what happens.

MFV303
Rookie

Postby MFV303 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:15 pm

elguapo wrote:
MFV303 wrote:

Let's do some tests.

EDIT:

Ok, so all I did is just rename the Redskins to the Commanders and rename San Diego and St. Louis to Los Angeles and Oakland to Las Vegas and I got the error I was talking about earlier. Should I hex edit something in the gci to get rid of the error?
Attachments
Screenshot (6).png
Screenshot (6).png (862.18 KiB) Viewed 160 times

Return to “General Discussion”