Passer accuracy

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Passer accuracy

Postby jose21crisis » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:45 am

Am I the only one that feels like the passes are too accurate? I'm using a 50 at QB Accuracy (I'm doing an experiment by keeping the sliders as vanilla as possible), and the only incompletions I see happen because:
  • Pass was defended
  • Receiver was too close to the sideline and didn't get his toes in bounds
  • Receiver got leveled by a defender, dropping the pass
  • Receiver outright dropped the pass
  • Receiver failed to recognize a pass, like FBs coming out of the backfield and allowing catchable balls to go over their heads.
  • Dropped Spectacular Catches
  • Passer got hit as he threw
  • And finally, the very rare over/under thrown
The only "misfires" I'm seeing come from QBs that get hit as they are throwing and RBs/WRs on trick plays. Is this standard behavior for 08, or did I break something along the way?
Semper fi
Spoiler:
We've yet to see a QB being as dominant as that future HOFer
And no, not those two. The one I'm talking about already retired ...
We've yet to see a WR being as dominant as that guy that won't make the HOF.
CJ ...

Passer accuracy

Sponsor

Sponsor

Gronky
All-Pro

Re: Passer accuracy

Postby Gronky » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:23 pm

Well, it's a PS2 port so probably can't have as many animations as a PS4Pro Title.

Theov
All-Pro

Postby Theov » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:03 am

jose21crisis wrote:Am I the only one that feels like the passes are too accurate? I'm using a 50 at QB Accuracy (I'm doing an experiment by keeping the sliders as vanilla as possible), and the only incompletions I see happen because:
  • Pass was defended
  • Receiver was too close to the sideline and didn't get his toes in bounds
  • Receiver got leveled by a defender, dropping the pass
  • Receiver outright dropped the pass
  • Receiver failed to recognize a pass, like FBs coming out of the backfield and allowing catchable balls to go over their heads.
  • Dropped Spectacular Catches
  • Passer got hit as he threw
  • And finally, the very rare over/under thrown
The only "misfires" I'm seeing come from QBs that get hit as they are throwing and RBs/WRs on trick plays. Is this standard behavior for 08, or did I break something along the way?

Key question: what's you QB's THA?
If it's 99 he will throw almost every pass neatly in stride into the receiver's bread basket.
If the THA is sub-90 even these passes can sail all over the place. (You said you play on All-Pro, so this number could be sub-85 or sub-80?).
QBs with a low THA will misfire. QBs that are moving will misfire too, especially outside the pocket if they are not in the 'scrambling' category.
If his THP is low also, deep passes will also be all over the place; short and not near where the receiver is going.

And of course, passes are incomplete when either the pass is bad, the receiver is bad or the defender gets involved. There aren't many other factors to it, right? ;) :D
No signature needed.

MikeWest502
All-Pro

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:09 pm

I want to increase cpu completion %. Best cpu does is 54-56%. Any ideas?

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:46 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:I want to increase cpu completion %. Best cpu does is 54-56%. Any ideas?

Why you think it happens? QB not putting the ball in a good spot, Drops by the receivers or too many pass defenses? Those are fixed by upping QB accuracy, upping WR Catching, and messing around with Defensive Awareness, Knockdowns, DPI, Kick/Punt Catch Interference and OPI.
Semper fi
Spoiler:
We've yet to see a QB being as dominant as that future HOFer
And no, not those two. The one I'm talking about already retired ...
We've yet to see a WR being as dominant as that guy that won't make the HOF.
CJ ...

MikeWest502
All-Pro

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:37 pm

jose21crisis wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:I want to increase cpu completion %. Best cpu does is 54-56%. Any ideas?

Why you think it happens? QB not putting the ball in a good spot, Drops by the receivers or too many pass defenses? Those are fixed by upping QB accuracy, upping WR Catching, and messing around with Defensive Awareness, Knockdowns, DPI, Kick/Punt Catch Interference and OPI.

All of it is in there. I'd like to see the % minimum 63%ish! I'll start with the offensive sliders first. I'll boost qb accuracy slider first a few points.

NaruTheBlackSwan
Rookie

Postby NaruTheBlackSwan » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:44 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
jose21crisis wrote:

All of it is in there. I'd like to see the % minimum 63%ish! I'll start with the offensive sliders first. I'll boost qb accuracy slider first a few points.

Try increasing WR catching by a little, and decreasing defensive awareness/knockdowns by a lot. The QBs are plenty accurate.

cyclone2426
All-Pro

Postby cyclone2426 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:03 pm

Kinda late to this but are you actually playing the games or doing CPU vs CPU? I dont know if it effects CPU vs CPU, but messing with the pass lead sensitivity slider gave me a little more variation. Now I gotta be a lot more precise when aiming that left stick on my controller because those will sail on my receivers if I don't place it right. Especially on deep balls and sideline passes.

MikeWest502
All-Pro

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:09 pm

cyclone2426 wrote:Kinda late to this but are you actually playing the games or doing CPU vs CPU? I dont know if it effects CPU vs CPU, but messing with the pass lead sensitivity slider gave me a little more variation. Now I gotta be a lot more precise when aiming that left stick on my controller because those will sail on my receivers if I don't place it right. Especially on deep balls and sideline passes.

I play and cpu vs cpu, but this is specific for the cpu ai. My pass lead sensitivity is set to 8. I never knew how it affects the passes in the game. Is higher better or worst? I don't care about over throws, drops, tips or a couple int's! The game is god awful with 3rd down %, passer ratings and completion %. I'm on All-Madden with current 6.0 jinx roster, 12 minutes. CPU QB Accuracy is high at 84, WR catch is at 67. Def AWR is 41, Knockdowns 6, INT's 5.

At the end of a game both QB's still around 50% completion rating or lower, 47% passer rating, 3rd down % in the low 30's. They still give up 2-3 Int's. The scoring is ok because the chunk plays the cpu gives up. The redzone eff. is low, too many FG's. It's one team semi-dominates the first 3 qtrs, then the other make a mad comeback scoring most of their points in the 4th qtr only to lose! Today Cowboys vs Saints, Cowboys 2-13 3rd dwn eff 15%, Saints 4-11 36%. Both Dak and Drew had 54.1 & 54.3 QB Rating, Dak 44% comp. Drew 53% comp. I guess what I'm looking for is more success between the 20's, better red zone eff and more extended play drives! If pass lead sensitivity can help, I'll give it a click or two!

cyclone2426
All-Pro

Postby cyclone2426 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:55 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
cyclone2426 wrote:Kinda late to this but are you actually playing the games or doing CPU vs CPU? I dont know if it effects CPU vs CPU, but messing with the pass lead sensitivity slider gave me a little more variation. Now I gotta be a lot more precise when aiming that left stick on my controller because those will sail on my receivers if I don't place it right. Especially on deep balls and sideline passes.

I play and cpu vs cpu, but this is specific for the cpu ai. My pass lead sensitivity is set to 8. I never knew how it affects the passes in the game. Is higher better or worst? I don't care about over throws, drops, tips or a couple int's! The game is god awful with 3rd down %, passer ratings and completion %. I'm on All-Madden with current 6.0 jinx roster, 12 minutes. CPU QB Accuracy is high at 84, WR catch is at 67. Def AWR is 41, Knockdowns 6, INT's 5.

At the end of a game both QB's still around 50% completion rating or lower, 47% passer rating, 3rd down % in the low 30's. They still give up 2-3 Int's. The scoring is ok because the chunk plays the cpu gives up. The redzone eff. is low, too many FG's. It's one team semi-dominates the first 3 qtrs, then the other make a mad comeback scoring most of their points in the 4th qtr only to lose! Today Cowboys vs Saints, Cowboys 2-13 3rd dwn eff 15%, Saints 4-11 36%. Both Dak and Drew had 54.1 & 54.3 QB Rating, Dak 44% comp. Drew 53% comp. I guess what I'm looking for is more success between the 20's, better red zone eff and more extended play drives! If pass lead sensitivity can help, I'll give it a click or two!

I wanna say the higher it is the more sensitive (so more errors). The default is 5, so maybe try on the other end of the spectrum, maybe 3? I'm just spitballing because like I said I have no idea if it effects CPU AI or if its user control only.

Return to “General Discussion”