Catastrophic Failure

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Catastrophic Failure

Postby elguapo » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:42 am

My USB thumb drive where I had almost all of my modding files has gone corrupt. I have looked for backup files but it seems I'll have to start from scratch and figure out where I left off.

Luckily tho I uploaded most of the finished mods so that should help.

Catastrophic Failure

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Catastrophic Failure

Postby RevanFan » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:16 am

elguapo wrote:My USB thumb drive where I had almost all of my modding files has gone corrupt. I have looked for backup files but it seems I'll have to start from scratch and figure out where I left off.

Luckily tho I uploaded most of the finished mods so that should help.

Dude that's horrible. I've never once seen a flash drive go bad. Any idea if something caused it, or was it just a freak thing with terrible timing?

Might I suggest possibly backing up your modding stuff to a cloud service? How much storage space did your files take up?

Is there anything I or anyone else here can do to help you recover stuff you had?
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Re: Catastrophic Failure

Postby trey31 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:06 pm

I actually just had the same thing happen to a HDD. Lost all my 08 stuff for the time being. Hopefully it is salvageable in a month or so when I build a new PC and buy new drives.

RIP thumb drive and HDD ⚰️⚰️
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Return to “General Discussion”