Madden making a return to PC for Madden 19? Confirmed minutes ago live at EA Play!

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Madden making a return to PC for Madden 19? Confirmed minutes ago live at EA Play!

Postby RevanFan » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:01 pm

BKGiantsFan wrote:
elguapo wrote:If you can edit rosters and there is a community for rosters then why does Madden come out with a new Madden each year?

Because the game engine is constantly being refined.
Because the NFL has rules changes.
Because they record new commentary.
Because teams relocate.
Because new features that actually make a difference regarding gameplay are implemented.
Because sometimes they add or refine ratings categories.
Because... I could go on but I think any sensible person gets the picture.

Question for you, why are you playing Madden 08 instead of playing Madden 02 with updated rosters?

You can't really mod Madden 2002. And it doesn't work on modern systems. Madden 08 does.

I know this isn't really the point, but all of those things mentioned, other than updating the game engine, are things we can do with mods for Madden 08. I personally would never buy a sports game each season. I would buy one, wait a few seasons, and then buy another one once they've made enough sizable changes to make the purchase be worth it. I haven't bought an NBA game since NBA 2K14 (though I got 16 for free.) I haven't bought a hockey game since NHL 09 (last for PC.) The last FIFA game I bought was 16 (I only bought it because of the US Women's team being included.) In fact the sports game I enjoy the most is Rocket League, haha. The last baseball game I bought, admittedly, was MLB The Show 18, because Aaron Judge and Giancarlo Stanton and Gary Sanchez. But before that, the last one I bought was MLB 2K11 for the PC.

I'll definitely get Madden 19, as a show of support for future sports games returning to PC, but I have no interest in buying the next version every year. Every few years at most is when I upgrade.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

Re: Madden making a return to PC for Madden 19? Confirmed minutes ago live at EA Play!

Sponsor

Sponsor

grabursock55
All-Pro

Re: MADDEN 19 on PC. THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Postby grabursock55 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:42 pm

So does anyone think modding uniforms will be possible? can that be done in fifa on PC?
My Blitz the League Mod has been released!
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=2071

BKGiantsFan
Veteran

Postby BKGiantsFan » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:43 pm

RevanFan wrote:
BKGiantsFan wrote:
elguapo wrote:If you can edit rosters and there is a community for rosters then why does Madden come out with a new Madden each year?

Because the game engine is constantly being refined.
Because teams relocate.
Because new features that actually make a difference regarding gameplay are implemented.

Question for you, why are you playing Madden 08 instead of playing Madden 02 with updated rosters?

You can't really mod Madden 2002. And it doesn't work on modern systems. Madden 08 does.

I know this isn't really the point, but all of those things mentioned, other than updating the game engine, are things we can do with mods for Madden 08. I personally would never buy a sports game each season. I would buy one, wait a few seasons, and then buy another one once they've made enough sizable changes to make the purchase be worth it. I haven't bought an NBA game since NBA 2K14 (though I got 16 for free.) I haven't bought a hockey game since NHL 09 (last for PC.) The last FIFA game I bought was 16 (I only bought it because of the US Women's team being included.) In fact the sports game I enjoy the most is Rocket League, haha. The last baseball game I bought, admittedly, was MLB The Show 18, because Aaron Judge and Giancarlo Stanton and Gary Sanchez. But before that, the last one I bought was MLB 2K11 for the PC.

I'll definitely get Madden 19, as a show of support for future sports games returning to PC, but I have no interest in buying the next version every year. Every few years at most is when I upgrade.

You definitely could mod 2002. Mod makers typically moved to the latest version of Madden though so that's why there are little to no mods for 02.

My point is that there are painfully obvious reasons for getting the latest release of a game.

Nonetheless, I do hear what you're saying and you're not alone.

One thing though. If I recall correctly you don't play online so you're probably not aware that head to head populations tend to stay with the latest released version of the game.

Sure they'll keep the matchmaking servers up a few years after they officially end support for older versions (EASO servers were up until 2011 for 08 I believe) but those who stay behind are a small fraction compared to those who jump to the new version. So it's either play with out of date rosters in a smaller pool of players or play with an up to date official roster with a vastly larger pool of players.

Additionally what happens when Microsoft releases a version of Windows that doesn't cooperate with 08?

I know, people will dual boot with Windows 7, 8 or 10 to still play it, lol. Am I right?

Looking to play Madden online head to head or simply hang out with others who enjoy the game?
Join MPN (Madden PC Network) on Evolve: https://www.evolvehq.com/recruit/group? ... 4J3gYdJMvZ

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:20 pm

General question: why wouldn't Texmod work on the Madden 19 PC version? As long as you can capture image files, and I would assume M19 will use image files, I don't see why Texmod wouldn't work as a means to at least modify some of the visuals in the game. Of course, I am far from a tech expert so maybe that's not going to be the case.

cyclone2426
All-Pro

Postby cyclone2426 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:03 pm

If we can get the same level of tools and resources that FIFA has for modding, then sky's the limit. To me, the issue lies with the development studio. EA Canada which makes FIFA has always seemed to have a good head on their shoulders, and has been pretty consistent with how the files are set up and how they interact with other things. Whereas who knows what will get with EA Tiburon (Madden studio). They've proven with the older games that they aren't the the most competent bunch (palette sharing, poor models, warping comes to mind), so who knows if it will be as easy to mod as FIFA is.

Col. Trautman
All-Pro

Postby Col. Trautman » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:49 pm

I read that the new kick off rules will be in Madden 19, now for those of us who try to recreate classic games I wonder if there will be an option to use the old kick off rules? Just a thought I had.....

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:25 pm

BKGiantsFan wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
BKGiantsFan wrote:Because the game engine is constantly being refined.
Because teams relocate.

You definitely could mod 2002. Mod makers typically moved to the latest version of Madden though so that's why there are little to no mods for 02.

My point is that there are painfully obvious reasons for getting the latest release of a game.

Nonetheless, I do hear what you're saying and you're not alone.

One thing though. If I recall correctly you don't play online so you're probably not aware that head to head populations tend to stay with the latest released version of the game.

Sure they'll keep the matchmaking servers up a few years after they officially end support for older versions (EASO servers were up until 2011 for 08 I believe) but those who stay behind are a small fraction compared to those who jump to the new version. So it's either play with out of date rosters in a smaller pool of players or play with an up to date official roster with a vastly larger pool of players.

Additionally what happens when Microsoft releases a version of Windows that doesn't cooperate with 08?

I know, people will dual boot with Windows 7, 8 or 10 to still play it, lol. Am I right?

I might not do a dual boot to keep playing 08, but I would certainly run an older system in a virtual machine or on a spare system made from old hardware.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

grabursock55
All-Pro

Postby grabursock55 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:48 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:General question: why wouldn't Texmod work on the Madden 19 PC version? As long as you can capture image files, and I would assume M19 will use image files, I don't see why Texmod wouldn't work as a means to at least modify some of the visuals in the game. Of course, I am far from a tech expert so maybe that's not going to be the case.

I think texmod only works with games that use an old version of directx or something. I havent been able to get it working on anything other than old madden games and battlefield 2 ha
My Blitz the League Mod has been released!
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=2071

DOLFANMIKE
Veteran

Postby DOLFANMIKE » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:51 pm

VirdeeMan wrote:
DOLFANMIKE wrote:FYI - You heard it here first. Madden is coming back to the pc in the summer of 2018. This comes directly from a friend on the madden dev team. It will have online franchise, and they are working on restoring Coach mode as well.

DOLFANMIKE = GOAT

Thanks. I did nothing really other than share this nugget of info with my fellow Madden lovers. Everyone here on this site has helped in my enjoyment of the game for many many years, and I appreciate you all. My friend on the dev team has given me a a whole bunch of info on the game and I can tell you now it will be the best online football game ever. PEACE

torontogrudlies
MVP

Postby torontogrudlies » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:57 pm

elguapo wrote:Not getting excited until Madden 19 PC exceeds Madden 08. Madden 19 could be plagued with bugs like the ones that were left on 08 and be a total flop.

This is a good point. Before the advent of Madden, I played the Front Page Sports Football series. In fact, I picked up the first version the very day I bought my first 386/40. Played the 95 and 98 versions, took the Grudlies to five Super Bowls.

When they came out with the '99 version of the game, they rushed it and it was actually shipped unplayable. The series died and the torch was pretty much passed to Madden at that point.

That game was awesome in its time though.

Going way back, I also played 4th and Inches on the Commodore 64. I was in the Marine Corps and we would have playoff tournaments in the barracks.

Return to “General Discussion”