Madden making a return to PC for Madden 19? Confirmed minutes ago live at EA Play!

BKGiantsFan
Veteran

Madden making a return to PC for Madden 19? Confirmed minutes ago live at EA Play!

Postby BKGiantsFan » Fri May 25, 2018 10:17 pm

I haven't posted here in forever, but I figured some of you die-hards who won't leave this version might be interested in this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MaddenUltimate ... ble_on_pc/

https://eaplay.thuzi.com/Public/Reserva ... 0fe0a23f17

Apparently, official registration documents for EA Play list PC as a platform Madden 19 will be available on.

Edit: Looks like it was indeed a typo or an oversight by an intern since the link now no longer mentions PC.
Edit 6/9/18: Confimed returning live at EA Play moments ago! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw16v3oGXso
https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/new ... dden-on-pc

Looking to play Madden online head to head or simply hang out with others who enjoy the game?
Join MPN (Madden PC Network) on Evolve: https://www.evolvehq.com/recruit/group? ... 4J3gYdJMvZ

Sponsor

Sponsor

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden making a return to PC for Madden 19?

Postby jose21crisis » Fri May 25, 2018 10:22 pm

Hmm ... That's interesting. Sure, I probably won't play it (My PC sucks and so far Modded M08 is the best one so far) but it is nice to see that Madden is coming back to PC after 11 years of being totally neglected. I wonder if EA will allow modding for that one (I know they won't but I can hope!)
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

BKGiantsFan
Veteran

Postby BKGiantsFan » Fri May 25, 2018 10:29 pm

jose21crisis wrote:Hmm ... That's interesting. Sure, I probably won't play it (My PC sucks and so far Modded M08 is the best one so far) but it is nice to see that Madden is coming back to PC after 11 years of being totally neglected. I wonder if EA will allow modding for that one (I know they won't but I can hope!)

Well technically they don't allow Modding for 08, but since they don't support the game anymore it doesn't matter.

As you already know modding the game immediately disqualifies you from connecting to an official version for head to head play, but if you're an offline only player then it's not much of an issue.

Looking to play Madden online head to head or simply hang out with others who enjoy the game?
Join MPN (Madden PC Network) on Evolve: https://www.evolvehq.com/recruit/group? ... 4J3gYdJMvZ

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Sat May 26, 2018 7:27 am

That registration site does not have (or no longer has, if the original image was accurate) the PC version listed.
EAs website only shows console versions available.
We pretty much see these rumors of a new PC version on a yearly basis.
I doubt EAs business model for madden will ever include PC again.
There are people that will buy for new features or when the game graphics engine gets updated, but the average console user likely continues to buy new versions for the roster updates that PC users can do themselves for free.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat May 26, 2018 8:20 am

I'll believe that Madden is coming out on PC the day I see it show up on Origin for download.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

ElementalKazzoo
All-Pro

Postby ElementalKazzoo » Sat May 26, 2018 9:00 am

I'd love that, but they'll most likely lock down modding features. Not to mention there probably won't even be a PC release since EA knows that the modding community can, and will keep any madden game released for PC up to date, rendering future PC madden releases obsolete. :( :(

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat May 26, 2018 9:04 am

ElementalKazzoo wrote:I'd love that, but they'll most likely lock down modding features. Not to mention there probably won't even be a PC release since EA knows that the modding community can, and will keep any madden game released for PC up to date, rendering future PC madden releases obsolete. :( :(

You see, I'll never get their refusal to release the game on PC. The game is coded on a PC. The Frostbite engine is used on many PC games. The consoles use PC-esque hardware, so the hardware will be similar. Most of their user base is on console, true, but the only cost to them for having Madden on PC would be storing it on Origin's servers and setting up PC multiplayer servers. For a company as huge as EA, that's nothing compared to the money they make. It's a spec to them. And they'd likely make that money back from people buying it, even if the number is small. But a small profit is not good enough for them. They need to make ALL THE MILLIONS.
My Cowboys Journal

ElementalKazzoo
All-Pro

Postby ElementalKazzoo » Sat May 26, 2018 9:07 am

RevanFan wrote:
ElementalKazzoo wrote:I'd love that, but they'll most likely lock down modding features. Not to mention there probably won't even be a PC release since EA knows that the modding community can, and will keep any madden game released for PC up to date, rendering future PC madden releases obsolete. :( :(

You see, I'll never get their refusal to release the game on PC. The game is coded on a PC. The Frostbite engine is used on many PC games. The consoles use PC-esque hardware, so the hardware will be similar. Most of their user base is on console, true, but the only cost to them for having Madden on PC would be storing it on Origin's servers and setting up PC multiplayer servers. For a company as huge as EA, that's nothing compared to the money they make. It's a spec to them. And they'd likely make that money back from people buying it, even if the number is small. But a small profit is not good enough for them. They need to make ALL THE MILLIONS.

It sucks. Imagine the things the modding community could do with madden 19...

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sat May 26, 2018 12:56 pm

Is it possible to play the Xbox One version of the latest Madden game on PC? I had heard that a lot of Xbox One games were playable on the PC, so if that were possible, wouldn't that make a PC version pointless?
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat May 26, 2018 2:00 pm

Danchat wrote:Is it possible to play the Xbox One version of the latest Madden game on PC? I had heard that a lot of Xbox One games were playable on the PC, so if that were possible, wouldn't that make a PC version pointless?

No, it's not. At least not to my knowledge.

The Xbox games that are available on PC are available through the Windows Store. EA only makes their PC games available on Origin, and would never post one on the Windows Store.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “General Discussion”